Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

August 2022 - New Arrivals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Robin Roberts /25. Roberts 25.jpg

Upset with myself, thought this was a poster, but just a magazine AD. Still cool and thankfully in line with ad prices and not posters! These are seldom seen, but also not universally collected either it would appear. I like to pick up any of them I can find at a reasonable price. There is a seller who specializes in oddball stuff and often tries to sell these, but they want premium $ and I am not sure any have ever sold. They issued these on large potato chip boxes in the Seattle area from around 1978-1984, but not every year either.Nalley Poster.jpg

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Very nice mail day today for me but most of it is non-sport tobacco stuff
I couldn't pass up some Cardinals autos though and a couple of them came in today.

2004 Fleer Classic Clippings Jersey Rack Bronze 73/149 Albert Pujols - I'm 99% sure the patch on this one has been switched out but I can't see any damage or evidence of it on the card. I'm just making the assumption since all the others I've seen are a plain piece of jersey. I really just wanted the auto anyway and I love the overall look of the card. It'll be on its way to SGC to get a tux soon.
2004 Classic Clippings Albert Pujols.jpg

2021 Topps Tier One Prime Performers /150 Paul Goldschmidt - I hadn't added an auto of Goldy in a Cardinals uniform yet and the seller of the Pujols threw this one in the deal as well so awesome.
2021 Tier One Paul Goldschmidt.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Some boring stuff, but it fills a spot in my collection.

Archives /25 Blass. Poor image choice and/or signature placement on this one, as a third of his face is in the signature "whiteout" area, but I try to get as many of the /25 each year from this set as I can, at a reasonable price that is. Blass 25.jpg

Randy Arozarena and Luke Voit Montgomery autos. Love the designs year after year, yet they fill their regular issues with mostly stupid card designs. I guess you need to join a club to get the best stuff now days. Arozarena.jpgVoit.jpg

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
2022 National Pickups -- My second time attending. First time I went was 2016 in Atlantic City. This was also my first card show since 2016. I think I made up for lost time. I ended up getting about 40 cards. Unfortunately, I could not find any high end modern cards I was looking for. Didn't get a chance to trade/sell anything as my time was limited as I could only go Wednesday and Sunday. Was a lot of fun, enjoyed seeing the museum quality vintage and modern cards on display. It was nice to dig through boxes after so many years.

PXL_20220803_001931668.jpg

Trade Box Pick Ups -- Tried to pick up these toward rarer O'Neill or vintage needs.

Didn't spend much time looking through insert boxes as my time was limited and focus was on vintage needs. I'm sure there was a ton of stuff there. All of this from one table.

1996 Bowman's Best - Mirror Image #10 - Tom Glavine, Billy Wagner, Randy Johnson, Jarrod Washburn
1996 Bowman's Best - Mirror Image - Refractor #6 - Barry Bonds, Andruw Jones, Kenny Lofton, Donnie Sadler
2000 Fleer Ultra Platinum Medallion #131 Troy Percival #/50
2009 Topps Updates & Highlights Black Parallel #UH200 Randy Johnson #/58
1997 Skybox Metal Universe Magnetic Field #5 Derek Jeter
1997 Leaf Banner Season #14 Derek Jeter #/2500 (serial numbered 1999/2500, an acutal banner season for him)
1997 Pacific #152 Light Blue Jeter
2000 Pacific Vanguard Holographic Gold #30 Derek Jeter /199
1998 Upper Deck Blue Chip Prospects #BC15 Derek Jeter /2000

PXL_20220803_003223801.jpg

Last edited:

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Another pickup from the National. Early price guide issues including the very first Beckett guide The 1979 one is the first printing. Released 43 years ago, around the same time first National was held.

I enjoyed flipping through these and seeing the old ads, prices, and the meticulousness with which these were compiled. The player checklist one is especially impressive. A nice piece of hobby history.

Have dupes of a couple as shown if anyone is interested.

PXL_20220803_030324989.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
This completes my Gold Standard auto set. Ray Nit.jpg

A couple oversized oddballs. Tarkenton.jpgDickerson.jpg

Then something baseball, since it is the baseball forum. The 94 UD Minor League Trade Card and redemption card. This was a 2 card set, inserted as random inserts for a trade card that would feature the #1 and #2 draft picks that year, issued after they played in their first minor league game. TC1 and TC2. TC1 was Arod and TC2 was Kirk Presley. ARod 94 UD Minors TC.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Another pickup from the National. Early price guide issues including the very first Beckett guide The 1979 one is the first printing. Released 43 years ago, around the same time first National was held.

I enjoyed flipping through these and seeing the old ads, prices, and the meticulousness with which these were compiled. The player checklist one is especially impressive. A nice piece of hobby history.

Have dupes of a couple as shown if anyone is interested.

View attachment 340588
Good stuff. I have a bunch, incl 2, but never added #1. If I could find more cheap (w/o shipping involved), I'd try to complete the runs.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
080322.jpg
Some goodies from 10-20 years ago. Zito 2005 Zenith Gold Artist's Proof is 28/50. I'm a sucker for Mirror Emeralds and there were several 2002 Terrence Longs on eBay so I grabbed the one with the patch I liked the most, 1/5. The 2011 Triple Threads Sapphire Brett Anderson 10/10 goes along with the Gold/25, Emerald/50, Sepia/75, base/99 and Yellow Printing Plate/1 versions I have of the same card...I don't have the Wood/1 or Platinum/1, though. I need to find a Sapphire Gio Gonzalez some day as I also have his /25, /50, /75, and /99 versions from the same set.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
1998 Score Platinum Team Sets - Darin Erstad
1998 Topps Tek base - Darin Erstad
2022 Topps Spotlight 70 Autograph /5 Darin Erstad
2022 Topps Tribute Stadium Signatures Ballpark Relic Autograph /50 Darin Erstad

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I actually got the base Centurion a couple days ago but wanted to post them together. It was nerve wracking taking the peel off a card out of 75. I can't imagine how you all do it for Mirror Golds and such.

1998 Topps Finest Centurion Base /500 and Refractor /75
1998 Finest Centurions.jpg 1998 Finest Centurions Back.jpg
1998 Finest Centurions Refractor.jpg 1998 Finest Centurions Refractor Back.jpg

1995 Pinnacle Artist Proof Ozzie Smith - Not really sure why I didn't already have this one in my Ozzie PC from back in the day.
1995 Pinnacle Artist Proof.jpg

Juan Gonzalez lot that had several set fills in it
Juan Gonzalez Lot.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
080522.jpg
Henderson completes the 2004 Topps Clubhouse team set, tough one to track down. Not sure why I didn't have the Mulder Red Press Proof from 2004 Donruss but those seem a little tougher than I expected, I still need several of them. Glad to pick up the Olson because I like the Topps throwback autos they put out each year...I'll have to heavily go after next year's cards since they should be the '88 set and I love those.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Some posters. Not sure why I keep buying more, but I apparently love posters. NONE of my posters are displayed and I have a lot! That makes me a little sad. I need a card room that I can actually display instead of store. Aaron posters.jpg7UP Posters.png

Then a couple signed cards of Joe Carter modern insert (not his RC) and Larry Milbourne. His signature is a little tougher that you'd think, not scarce, but not plentiful either. Carter.jpgMilbourne.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Back to back Larry Milbourne mail days. When did that last happen to anyone...EVER?

I have never seen these photos before. Sadly, the seller was not willing to go any lower on a lot of 6, so I bought what I felt were the best 2. Autos of Enrique Romo, Milbourne and Juan Bernhardt are great. Bill Stein, just so so.

Romo Milbourne.jpgBernhardt Stein.jpg

I couldn't remember if I had this card signed by Mahler, but never a bad idea to grab a nice HOF RC signed by someone else, right? I have a couple signed by Morris and Andersen, but I am not sure I have one or seen one signed by Jones. He may be like the elusive Steve Burke on a different 78 Rookie card.Mahler Morris RC.jpg

Finally, a decent Carl Eller RC. I remember my brother and I used Eller like a verb when we were kids and he was near the end of his career. If you were tackled roughly, you got Ellered! He sure looked mean on some of those cards in the 70s. I love that he got a Seahawks card in his final Topps appearance. Eller RC.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
No Dodgers today...

Mike Cuellar Timeless Team. Cuellar.jpg

Paul Westphal, Walt Bellamy and Campy Russel, which I admittedly thought was Cazzie Russell. Once again, not paying attention burns me (slightly, I still like the card, but may have only been willing to pay a few less dollars for one had I known)Westphal.jpgC Russell.jpgBellamy.jpg