Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

September 2022-New Arrivals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Wrapping up the GOTG with 3 hometown heroes, but the last one being my major score. DJ was a favorite and he died young. Been trying to land his auto for a while. Finally splurged a bit.

Sikma.jpgChambers.jpgDJ.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I still love my Dodger pick ups, but have to admit my "other" mail days are getting better and better compared to the Dodger mail days, most of the time. This is a fantastic day...with 4 sport crossover.McHale.jpg

Perry /5. Perry 5.jpgLaw. V Law.jpg

Hail Mary! Dual sider Cowboybilia card. I don't even have the base Hail Mary card and now have 2 of the signed cards! Love this card. I still need an affordable Bradshaw and I'll have most of the legendary 70s QBs. HM Staubach.jpgHM Pearson.jpg

McHale. McHale.jpg

Hull. Hull.jpg

I very much prefer the "cheaper" early edition, often "off" brand signed cards over the newer, fancier, higher end stuff that has flooded the market. Such as this Tetrad Hull.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Wilkins 91 F AutoWilkins.jpg

Thomas unused redeption, the way redemptions cards should have always been made and should continue to look like, so even when you pull an old one that is expired, you get a collectib le item instead of a sticker on a pack filler!

R Thomas Redemption F.pngR Thomas Redemption B.png

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
091822-1.jpg
Down to 6 remaining for 2009 Upper Deck Gold/99. I need 1 more Reggie to finish up 2008 Topps Sterling. And the bottom two are team set completers for 2013 Pinnacle Museum Collection and 2020 Finest...the Khris Davis card is an SP.

091822-2.jpg
Another food issue Canseco I didn't have. Another '90s McGwire I didn't have...I have another incoming from COMC to finish off his three 1995 Collector's Choice Crash the Game Gold variations. Lastly a 2005 Fleer Showcase Showtime Barry Zito 77/99, which finishes off that small team set.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Recently acquired these two:

1) 4/5/1982 Lineup card - Orioles Opening Day - Cal Ripken Jr's 1st career HR (along with a number of other 1sts). He came up briefly in 1981, so this was not his MLB debut
2) 1940 Stanford vs UCLA ticket. UCLA's running back was Jackie Robinson. I've been slowly trying to get one ticket and one program from each of the football games Jackie played at UCLA. It will probably take years if I am ever able to do it.

Attachments

• Ripken, Cal 1st career HR.jpg
    Ripken, Cal 1st career HR.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 1940 Stanford vs UCLA Ticket - Jackie Robinson.jpg
    1940 Stanford vs UCLA Ticket - Jackie Robinson.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 5

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Yount, my first certified auto I believe. Yount.jpg

Marshall in a very "football" image, playing somewhere in the frigid North. Vikes!! s-l1600-1.jpg

Belitnikoff RC Archives. Biletnikoff.jpg

Lanier. Lanier.jpg

If they are cheap enough, I'll buy just about any earlier redemption card, especially those with pictures of players or images or the item or something similar. I usually don't buy those with just words, but this is the year Fleer went bankrupt and at least with all the Garvey redemptions, they never fulfilled them with actual cards. assuming this Adams card was never made either. Adams Red 1.jpgAdams Red 2.jpg

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
2012 Archives Jose Oquendo 2B/SS Variation - This gets me to 5 of 9 autos in the set.
2012 Archives Jose Oquendo 2B.jpg 2012 Archives Jose Oquendo 2B Back.jpg

2021 Topps Image Variation SP Yadier Molina - I'll pick up just about any Yadi SP cheap.
2021 Topps Image Variation.jpg

1996 Score Artist Proof Ozzie Smith - Not sure why I didn't already have this one. The more I dig into my old collection the more I think some of it is missing or misplaced.
1996 Score Artist Proof.jpg
2001 Fleer Greats of the Game Ralph Kiner - Another piece for the set build. I'm about 40% of the way there now.
Ralph Kiner.jpg

2004 Donruss Power Alley Die Cut /250 Jeff Bagwell - So Shiny!
Donruss Power Alley Die Cut.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
092022-1.jpg
Some '90s stuff. The Brosius gets me to 3 needed for the 1997 Fleer Tiffany team set - two commons and one of the McGwire checklists. 1996 Select Certified Interleague Preview was another McGwire insert I did not have. Then a trio of 1999 Ben Grieves...Stadium Club Chrome Refractor, Topps Gallery Exhibitions, and Topps Stars Two Star Foil 163/199. That one finishes up my 1999 Topps Stars parallel A's needs.

092022-2.jpg
Into the '00s. 2002 Topps Reserve Parallel 090/150 Terrence Long - need 2 more from that set still. 2004 Topps Chrome Red X-Fractor Bobby Kielty, still missing 4 from that one. 2007 Upper Deck Gold Jeremy Brown 44/75, still need six for that one. The bottom three cards all complete team sets: 2005 Topps Rookie Cup Orange/399, 2006 Fleer Tradition Sepia, and 2007 Bowman Prospects Orange/250. The Bowman Orange was the last A's Bowman Orange card I needed from the several years where they were /250, before they started numbering them /25. It was tough to track down, I suspect because Scott Deal collects his own cards. I sold him the Red 1/1 version of this card from my collection several years back after he contacted me through the original seller.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
A couple of post-retirement O'Neill issues today:

2004 Donruss Timelines Recollection Autographs #1052 Paul O'Neill 2000 Retro/12 -- I'm a fan of the Recollection Autographs. The newer Topps Archives don't appeal to me the same way, perhaps it's the nostalgia factor with these. I particularly like how his autograph is slanted perfectly to match the card design and the faded advertisement in the back.

2022 Topps Now #755 Paul O'Neill/909 --
Wouldn't have bought this separately, but will gladly take it as a throw-in.

s-l800.jpg s-l800.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Nobody is giving me a hard time yet, but this one is all NON-baseball. It was a heck of a mail day. I keep winning new stuff, but I am also not getting any bargains (in my mind). My snipes are usually near the end price or I lose. No steals of late! The market seems to be strong, at least for what I am buying.

A couple of my favorites at one time. Marshall Faulk. It was probably his Pro Line auto and the pres he was getting, but I was collecting Faulk from the beginning. I really only gave up because my focus steered mostly to baseball, as I was not able to keep up. I want to go back and fill some gaps someday and this was one. /400
Faulk.jpg

Another favorite, although much more brief, was Corey Dillon. He was attending UW at the same time I was, so that was cool. When he was drafted, I thought it was neat that a former "classmate" (we didn't share any classes that I am aware of) was a NFL RB. Too bad it was the Bengals! I gave up FB cards only a few years after his debut though, so never got into his stuff too deep. There were 2 versions of this card, had the other, so finished the set. I guess there are much scarcer refractor and atomic versions, but I am good unless I find a bargain.
Dillion.png

This guy came after my interest was gone, so I really had no idea who he was. I "discovered" him when I found out he was a Viking and had put up some good numbers. I checked and 5-6 4000K passing seasons told me I needed to grab a card. This one is /10. In the tradition of Tarkenton, Kapp, Kramer, Wilson, Moon, Cunningham and others, I have always liked the Vikes and they definitely have the best colored uniform ever! Cousins 10.jpg

Another Vike, John Randle with an older style auto. Randle.jpg

Not sure what is up with this, but a seller who was offering a lot of old school early certified autos was selling this. The almanac doesn't mention an auto for this set, but it's stamped with a TW embossed stamp and numbered. It might have been something aftermarket when he was arrested/jailed? It is dated 9/94, but the set was issued in 1994 too. I know Sig Rookies or Front Row or someone else was doing OJ auto, signed in prison. This may have been similar or maybe its fake! /500. Anyone know or recall the details surrounding this one?
OJ F.jpgOJ B.jpg

Continuing to grab basketball cards, but that has slowed and the FB was picking up. Here are 2 new BKB adds. Both dupes, but I like them.

Probably the first or at least one of the earliest Worm autos.

Rodman.jpg

DeBuschere I need to find his Kromax Flash from the Past at a reasonable price now.Debuschere.jpg

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Not sure what is up with this, but a seller who was offering a lot of old school early certified autos was selling this. The almanac doesn't mention an auto for this set, but it's stamped with a TW embossed stamp and numbered. It might have been something aftermarket when he was arrested/jailed? It is dated 9/94, but the set was issued in 1994 too. I know Sig Rookies or Front Row or someone else was doing OJ auto, signed in prison. This may have been similar or maybe its fake! /500. Anyone know or recall the details surrounding this one?
View attachment 342076View attachment 342077
This was inserted in 1994 Ted Williams' Roger Staubach's NFL boxes. There were actually 4 different OJ autos in that product if I remember right.