Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Supercollector Catalog Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I am getting ready to recontact collectors who have contacted me on my site because there have been some updates, there is a new custom set and it's just been awhile, so I thought I would post it here and let the collectors here have first shot at a few of the new things that I may have in limited quantity. Anyway, here is the email I will be sending out in batches over the next few months.

Well, no one can accuse me of spamming collectors that visit Supercollector Catalog! This is the ninth year of the site and it is only the second time I have sent a mass email and the first recontact since Spring of 2020, though many of you continue to visit the site. Thank you!
Since my last email, I removed all ads from the site and published a bunch of new player lists. I recently made a big push to get webpages for more of the unlicensed oddball sets. I wanted to do it quickly, so I left the descriptions blank and will circle back to update those later. These new sets do not appear in the Set Index drop-down, so just click on main Set Index and you will see all the sets by year with their links (use CNTRL F to search the page).

I have been scanning a bunch of new and old stuff and continue to search for new discoveries from the 80s and 90s, but they are getting harder and harder to find. I have two foreign sets from cereal companies that I am sitting on right now, I've been watching and looking but so far no other copies have come on the market. Stay tuned! I also redid some of the images so they would appear bigger when selected. Now most should appear large when they are clicked on so you can get a good look at any details on the card and can arrow down through all of the images on a page.

I have also found alot of interesting art, advertisements and photography in magazines and other periodicals from the era. I always ignored them because of the flimsy glossy material but have started offering them on card stock which makes them much easier to handle and collect. One of my favorites is the 1992 Red Foley Cartoon History, a great little collectible. Another are the Marketcom Booklet 5x7s from the 1980s. Not a great collectible for the individual collector because different players are on the front and back. It takes a little work, but I have found a way around that issue that has turned our nicely.

Checklists as always are free, just do not confuse the checklists and the pricelists! I feel bad when someone asks for pricing from the checklist that has some of the rarest oddball player items in existence. Many of them I have never even owned. If you do not see a checklist for your player, or the publish date on the player page is not after December 2022, let me know and I will update it.

You'll notice that I have adjusted the levels for free shipping, as shipping costs have continued to go up. I am also trying to move away from paypal because of the fees. The new discount schedule and the updated ordering process can be found at the end of the email.

Finally, I am excited for the new custom set that has started to arrive. It is a retro set of the unlicensed 1990 Dime Sports set that had five or so cards. As of this writing, here are the players in the 2023 set: George Brett, Gary Carter, Will Clark, Eric Davis, Andre Dawson, Wayne Gretzky, Rickey Henderson, Dan Marino, Don Mattingly, Dale Murphy, Kirby Puckett, Ryne Sandberg, Barry Sanders, Mike Schmidt, Ozzie Smith, Darryl Strawberry, Mike Tyson and Tiger Woods. I am really happy with how they turned out and will add to the checklist as I get them from the designer. The 1950's were the Golden Age of Baseball, but as you can see from the checklist, the 1980s were the Golden Age of Card Collecting, as undoubtedly, the most passionate and dedicated collectors are for the players of this era.

Happy Collecting, Tim

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Since it is right up your alley, there was an identification kind of post over on TCDB in the last few days for a series of Venezuelan stickers from 1990 that hit eBay recently. The producer took the 1990 Topps images, trimmed off the border and put a number in a white circle over the Topps logo, and sized them down to usual Topps/Panini sticker size. The seller doesn't have much information about them, but does have more stickers than just what has been listed.

They were all stuck in an album, so there will be the usual paper loss issue from the removal, where the seller didn't just cut the page if there was nothing on the reverse. It looks like it was a fairly large set, the highest numbered sticker is 355 (Wade Boggs). I messaged him and managed to snag all of the players I collect that he had before he listed them. Aside from what appears in the images on a few of the listings, I don't know who else they have, but they do not have the whole set.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Since it is right up your alley, there was an identification kind of post over on TCDB in the last few days for a series of Venezuelan stickers from 1990 that hit eBay recently. The producer took the 1990 Topps images, trimmed off the border and put a number in a white circle over the Topps logo, and sized them down to usual Topps/Panini sticker size. The seller doesn't have much information about them, but does have more stickers than just what has been listed.

They were all stuck in an album, so there will be the usual paper loss issue from the removal, where the seller didn't just cut the page if there was nothing on the reverse. It looks like it was a fairly large set, the highest numbered sticker is 355 (Wade Boggs). I messaged him and managed to snag all of the players I collect that he had before he listed them. Aside from what appears in the images on a few of the listings, I don't know who else they have, but they do not have the whole set.
Thanks, I’ll check it out.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008

The low quality of that set is hilarious.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008

Do you have the story on these stickers? Are they legit? I missed out on the Sandberg and have been curious since.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
I am getting ready to recontact collectors who have contacted me on my site because there have been some updates, there is a new custom set and it's just been awhile, so I thought I would post it here and let the collectors here have first shot at a few of the new things that I may have in limited quantity. Anyway, here is the email I will be sending out in batches over the next few months.

Well, no one can accuse me of spamming collectors that visit Supercollector Catalog! This is the ninth year of the site and it is only the second time I have sent a mass email and the first recontact since Spring of 2020, though many of you continue to visit the site. Thank you!
Since my last email, I removed all ads from the site and published a bunch of new player lists. I recently made a big push to get webpages for more of the unlicensed oddball sets. I wanted to do it quickly, so I left the descriptions blank and will circle back to update those later. These new sets do not appear in the Set Index drop-down, so just click on main Set Index and you will see all the sets by year with their links (use CNTRL F to search the page).

I have been scanning a bunch of new and old stuff and continue to search for new discoveries from the 80s and 90s, but they are getting harder and harder to find. I have two foreign sets from cereal companies that I am sitting on right now, I've been watching and looking but so far no other copies have come on the market. Stay tuned! I also redid some of the images so they would appear bigger when selected. Now most should appear large when they are clicked on so you can get a good look at any details on the card and can arrow down through all of the images on a page.

I have also found alot of interesting art, advertisements and photography in magazines and other periodicals from the era. I always ignored them because of the flimsy glossy material but have started offering them on card stock which makes them much easier to handle and collect. One of my favorites is the 1992 Red Foley Cartoon History, a great little collectible. Another are the Marketcom Booklet 5x7s from the 1980s. Not a great collectible for the individual collector because different players are on the front and back. It takes a little work, but I have found a way around that issue that has turned our nicely.

Checklists as always are free, just do not confuse the checklists and the pricelists! I feel bad when someone asks for pricing from the checklist that has some of the rarest oddball player items in existence. Many of them I have never even owned. If you do not see a checklist for your player, or the publish date on the player page is not after December 2022, let me know and I will update it.

You'll notice that I have adjusted the levels for free shipping, as shipping costs have continued to go up. I am also trying to move away from paypal because of the fees. The new discount schedule and the updated ordering process can be found at the end of the email.

Finally, I am excited for the new custom set that has started to arrive. It is a retro set of the unlicensed 1990 Dime Sports set that had five or so cards. As of this writing, here are the players in the 2023 set: George Brett, Gary Carter, Will Clark, Eric Davis, Andre Dawson, Wayne Gretzky, Rickey Henderson, Dan Marino, Don Mattingly, Dale Murphy, Kirby Puckett, Ryne Sandberg, Barry Sanders, Mike Schmidt, Ozzie Smith, Darryl Strawberry, Mike Tyson and Tiger Woods. I am really happy with how they turned out and will add to the checklist as I get them from the designer. The 1950's were the Golden Age of Baseball, but as you can see from the checklist, the 1980s were the Golden Age of Card Collecting, as undoubtedly, the most passionate and dedicated collectors are for the players of this era.

Happy Collecting, Tim

Tim,
I'm interested in the two Sandberg Dime cards.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Do you have the story on these stickers? Are they legit? I missed out on the Sandberg and have been curious since.
Well, 'legit' is somewhat subjective with some of the Venezuelan issues. Given the condition and the look of the album pages, I do think they were produced in 1990 and aren't some kind of weird new bootleg. I'll reach out to the seller again and see if I can at least pin down when/where he found them and see if we can learn any new scrap of useful information.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Well, 'legit' is somewhat subjective with some of the Venezuelan issues. Given the condition and the look of the album pages, I do think they were produced in 1990 and aren't some kind of weird new bootleg. I'll reach out to the seller again and see if I can at least pin down when/where he found them and see if we can learn any new scrap of useful information.
There must have been an available process for printing the books where the "stickers" were applied. There must also have been a way to create the stickers on a sheet of paper with adhesive on the back that was activated with liquid to stick the "cards" into the collectors book.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I'm ready to see what Erstad, Bucky Jacobsen, and Aaron Kurcz you might have.
Not much, just a few odds and ends of Erstad.

AA-All Items AA-All Items

PLAYERYearDESCRIPTIONPRICELink to Set
ERSTAD, DARIN1997Panini Sticker #112
$4.00​
ERSTAD, DARIN1997Sports Illustrated for Kids Milk Card #04
$1.00​
ERSTAD, DARIN1998Panini Sticker Book Page - Stickers Adhered (Dave Hollins/Todd Greene/ Darin Erstad/Aaron Small/Ben Grieve/Scott Spiezio/Bill Taylor)
$5.00​
ERSTAD, DARIN2000APBA Premiere Edition (no pic)
$1.00​
ERSTAD, DARIN2000Fleer Sports Cards Magazine Insert #09
$1.00​
ERSTAD, DARIN2003Sports Vault MLB Stickers - Hand Cut from Sticker Book
$3.00​
http://www.supercollectorcatalog.com/2003-sports-vault-mlb-stickers.html
ERSTAD, DARIN2003Sports Vault MLB Stickers #005
$3.00​
http://www.supercollectorcatalog.com/2003-sports-vault-mlb-stickers.html
ERSTAD, DARIN2005Topps Hot Button #47
$0.50​

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
A fellow Garvey collector, not sure if he is registered here, showed me what may be new to the hobby" stamps/stickers from Somewhere south of the border. i don't want to steal his thunder on showing off the find, but I'm sure it will make the rounds eventually and maybe someone knows more in the meantime.

Needless to say, I am a bit jelly of the find. Doubt I'll see one, since I had not before today, but that is the fun of this hobby. Maybe more find their way out of the darkness.

My guess was 1979 based on the player selection I could see. There was a Harry Chappas item and apparently it matches his 1979 SI cover (he said, I didn't verify), so it's that or 1980, assuming issued when he was active.
IMG_2599.PNGIMG_2601.PNGIMG_2598.PNGIMG_2597.PNGIMG_2600.PNG

IMG_2610.PNGIMG_2611.PNGIMG_2613.PNGIMG_2612.PNGIMG_2614.PNG

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
The Garvey image, although not named like some of the others, appears to be from his Studio One poster or a frame very close to it from the same AB. IMG_2615.PNG

miked211

Dec 20, 2009
Man, those are cool.
They have a 48-49 leaf vibe to them.
Do you have a checklist or partial checklist?
I am especially curious if Dale Murphy was included.
Could have been a little early for him.

Members online

Latest posts