Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

baseball cards the all time healer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
So, 3 weeks ago, I wasn't doing well. Went to the hospital for checkup and in the long run I got a quadruple bypass. been in and out of the hospital in the past couple of weeks. It's been 3 weeks since the surgery and I was craving to rip packs. Being that I am not allowed to drive someone got me a retail box of A&G. It made me feel great opening packs and even got a cool GU:
HYSW6YU.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Good thing you got checked out when you did. I ended up catching a pulmonary embolism with a trip to the walk in (and subsequent ambulance trip and a 5 day hospital stay) right before a planned flight. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
My reasons for collecting baseball cards, and finding comfort in them, are probably different than others. But it doesn't matter. It brings me satisfaction, warmth, and happiness. Looking back, it always has. It's nice to hear from other collectors who get something similar from it. @bongo870 and @tramers, especially you.

And if I ever end up having to go through a bypass surgery, an embolism, or some other weird medical conundrum - presuming I survive - I will definitely lean on this hobby to keep me going through it all.

Of course I will look to family and friends for support first and foremost, but during those hours when I'm alone, you will find me looking for long lost cards and talking to people on message boards like this :)

Last edited:

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
Back around 1990 or so. When my wife and I had a little more expendable savings. I asked her if I could start collecting baseball cards for something to do in my limited spare time. She said yes right away. (bless her soul) 😇 But then said "you don't follow sports". I don't. But we won't got there right now.

I used to tease her. And say it's all her fault about all the cards that I had around our apartment. ☺️

Last edited:

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
I hope you're healing well! I agree with everything said here. I spent Friday & Saturday at a card show. Just hanging with other collectors and talking Chiefs (Good) & Royals (Bad) was a great time.