Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Raiders QBs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
s-l1600 7.00.53 PM.jpg

My recent addition of a Matt Schaub auto card had me wondering just how many QBs the Raiders have had (that made at least 1 pass in a game, but excluding players who played other positions with the team like WR, RB, P, K, etc) and should I try to chase down as many as I can get. i've been a Raider collector since the 70s, but only recently refocused on football cards after a lengthy break for the most part, so I had most of the well known older players already. Turns out there are a LOT of back-ups too.

Jarrett Stidham happens to be the 61st Raider QB to take a snap and make a pass.

Only 13 are deceased so far, since 1960. I expected more as I was compiling the list. I do not have signatures for 7 of those already deceased and all are pretty much unknown back-ups from the 80s and back. None appeal to me, although I wouldn't mind filling in some of the guys that played in my fan range 70s-80s, like Larry Lawrence, David Humm & Rusty Hilger.

From the remaining 48 living former Raider QBs, oddly most of who I would need are guys playing after 2000. I probably have Carson Palmer, but if I don't, he'd be one to add along with Derek Carr and maybe Marcus Mariota. The rest seem boring. The ones that may interest me before 2000 are Donald Hollas and Mike Rae. I don't think the list is encouraging me to go after it to completion, but I may try to pick up a few more.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
View attachment 344873

My recent addition of a Matt Schaub auto card had me wondering just how many QBs the Raiders have had (that made at least 1 pass in a game, but excluding players who played other positions with the team like WR, RB, P, K, etc) and should I try to chase down as many as I can get. i've been a Raider collector since the 70s, but only recently refocused on football cards after a lengthy break for the most part, so I had most of the well known older players already. Turns out there are a LOT of back-ups too.

Jarrett Stidham happens to be the 61st Raider QB to take a snap and make a pass.

Only 13 are deceased so far, since 1960. I expected more as I was compiling the list. I do not have signatures for 7 of those already deceased and all are pretty much unknown back-ups from the 80s and back. None appeal to me, although I wouldn't mind filling in some of the guys that played in my fan range 70s-80s, like Larry Lawrence, David Humm & Rusty Hilger.

From the remaining 48 living former Raider QBs, oddly most of who I would need are guys playing after 2000. I probably have Carson Palmer, but if I don't, he'd be one to add along with Derek Carr and maybe Marcus Mariota. The rest seem boring. The ones that may interest me before 2000 are Donald Hollas and Mike Rae. I don't think the list is encouraging me to go after it to completion, but I may try to pick up a few more.
lady that worked in office where I worked had pictures of her and Raiders at HARLEY parties - 1970's . Another person on here step mother was one of 49ers first cheerleaders

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Was putting away the Matt McGloin auto that I impulse bought recently and saw that I already had it! I didn't recall buying one, so I assume it was from a local seller who lists cheap nobody autos for $1 and if its a favorite team or player I recognize, I bid. I think the SP was the one I already had. It'll never be worth more than what a common SP brings, but thought it was neat. It freaked me out at first, I thought I had some sort of error. I don't buy a lot of new stuff, so photo variations and SPs are not really part of my normal collecting world, so I wasn't even thinking that it could be one of those.

IMG_2678.jpgIMG_2679.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I picked up a few more, some not in a Raider uniform. Like Dodgers, I'd prefer in uniform, but that is not always possible.

McCarron.jpgMarques-Tuiasosopo.jpgJeff-George.jpgCarr 15.jpg
Glennon.jpgGradkowski.jpgLosman.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Here is one I didn't expect to find a certified card for, but you never know...maybe someday. Hunter Enis, Raiders back-up QB to Cotton Davidson in 1962.

This is what does still bring me joy in collecting, finding out, learning about and then buying an item for a guy who never even passed by my radar in 45 years.

Hunter Enis.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I saw that. I will probably wait out any Raiders cards of his until I can find a cheap one (if that is possible).

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Was not planning to go back and back fill all of the Raider QBs I already had, but thought I would at least update for the month with a couple new additions I got. This includes 1 that doesn't count yet, but I am assuming he'll play this coming season.

317365-b355670b75e63e63e3fc3fe31fd75139.png317575-597e83c98e041d04e8a5120ba281b0b8.jpg

The early pick...317647-fe9bb5c35f41da42a3618b49097d4fb2.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Of course, after posting Jimmy G, I see this weekend that he was injured and failed a physical and that the Raiders may void the contract! Maybe he doesn't get added to the list after all.

However, this guy did take a few snaps, so he gets on it. Stidham.jpg

Bought a few scubbies as well on COMC, but will have to wait for the delivery.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Trusting this is legit, as this was the only signature on ebay at the time I looked. The seller had a lot of Raiders and most looked good to me. Charlie Green was a back-up (3rd string to Tom Flores and Cotton Davidson) Raider QB for one season in 1966. That was his entire NFL career. 2 att & 2 completions for 100% passing accuracy. 17 yards. No TDs, no interceptions. Pretty sure he has no cards, so this was a great alternative item to find.Charlie Green.jpg

Members online

Latest posts