Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

April 2023 - New Arrivals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Some of you may wonder what my collecting focus is when you see some of the random additions each day. Frankly, a lot of the items that appear random ARE. They are often other items the seller is also offering and I like to take advantage of combined shipping. Several of the BB autos today fall into that category. I do collect autographs in general and my inclusion criteria are fairly broad, so it's no surprise, but how I come to obtain each specific player might be as I seldom seek out those players alone.

Ellis Valentine, Mitch Moreland (a less popular MM), Jim Piersall & Jose "Coco" Laboy.

EV.jpgMM.jpgJP.jpgCB.jpg

My football adds are often very focused, Raiders and Vikings are often the subject if it's not fan faves or HOFers. Sometimes it's both.

The McDaniel is /25 and the Woodson is /4. RM 25.pngRW 4.jpg

The Lemon was on my wants and I surprisingly won this at the last second, when I wasn't looking for him per se. ML.jpg

Finally a cheap Howard I stole for $1 plus s/h. I am always surprised when this happens. The bargains on ebay seem like a thing of the past, yet with so many eyes looking, there are still way more items getting listed that can easily slip by. JH.jpg

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Couple of Jackie Robinson pickups.

First is a Jackie Robinson signed check, with an accompanying Rachel Robinson LOA (along with a PSA/DNA LOA).

Additionally, a Jackie Robinson jumbo game-used card 5/5. Based on my research I believe the material is from a barnstorming tour jersey.

Attachments

• Robinson, Jackie Check.jpg
    Robinson, Jackie Check.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8198.jpg
    IMG_8198.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 9

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
My tease from the Saturday Morning Thread:
2023 Topps Big League
8 Bit Ballers Auto Redemption 1:12,807!
View attachment 346864
Nice, but I have permanent PTSD from redemption card. The only redemption cards I want now are those expired ones with character. The hobby really needs to eliminate redemptions. If they can't get it in time, then they shouldn't advertise/sell the product with said subjects included. It's been proven time and time again that collectors are stuck holding the bag on bad redemption processes. I hope you are made fully whole on this one.

Boomer and some Banty tall boys s-l1600-2.jpg

s-l1600-1.jpgs-l1600.jpg. These are slightly larger than the typical "tall boy" card we have seen issued mostly in the 60s/90s.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Been really busy lately so I haven't been able to do daily updates. They pile up!

041123-1.jpg
There's no questioning that I'm all in on these 2023 Topps 1988 inserts...prior to this year I only owned 2 pack-inserted certified McGwire autographs, and the Gold 35/50 above is the second McGwire auto I've picked up from this set. I guess I'll have to go for the Gold set in additon to the regular and Black sets...at least McGwire doesn't have a Black parallel. Speaking of, the Langeliers Black above is 157/199, I think I'm just missing 2 from that set now.

041123-2.jpg
Some older stuff. 1995 Upper Deck Predictor Exchange Ruben Sierra...this is one of those series 2 cards that is really tough. There's been one on eBay that is priced quite high for a while, another popped up that was priced high but a little lower so I grabbed it. I think the last 1995 Upper Deck A's card I need is the Special Edition Gold Rickey Henderson, of course from series 2. 2001 Topps Stars Onyx Ramon Hernandez 01/99 puts me 2 away from completing the team set. 2000 Stadium Club Chrome First Day Adam Piatt 081/100 gets me 3 away from that set. Giambi gets me halfway to the 1999 Paramount Platinum Blue set and Tim Raines completes the Opening Day/74 team set!

041123-3.jpg
Some recent signed refractors and a 2020 Topps Independence Day Sheldon Neuse. The Beck auto puts me one away from completing all A's 2017 Bowman Chrome Blue Refractors across Bowman/Bowman Chrome/Bowman Draft.

041123-4.jpg
Two Curt Blefary high numbers finish up the 1972 Topps team set. One card remains to complete all Oakland A's base Topps cards: there's an A's player on the 1977 Andre Dawson RC.

041123-5.jpg
Lastly, a huge thank you to eBay seller southirish64 - I offered $10 for the Hudson above and he countered with $1 because he had seen my collecting exploits on FCB. Not sure what his username is here but thank you so much for the help and for looking through my wantlists and finding another one I needed. 2000 Paramount Holo-Silver Tim Hudson 26/99 and Holographic Green Eric Chavez 28/99 complete both team sets!

OakAth

Nov 30, 2009
Been really busy lately so I haven't been able to do daily updates. They pile up!

View attachment 346909
There's no questioning that I'm all in on these 2023 Topps 1988 inserts...prior to this year I only owned 2 pack-inserted certified McGwire autographs, and the Gold 35/50 above is the second McGwire auto I've picked up from this set. I guess I'll have to go for the Gold set in additon to the regular and Black sets...at least McGwire doesn't have a Black parallel. Speaking of, the Langeliers Black above is 157/199, I think I'm just missing 2 from that set now.

View attachment 346910
Some older stuff. 1995 Upper Deck Predictor Exchange Ruben Sierra...this is one of those series 2 cards that is really tough. There's been one on eBay that is priced quite high for a while, another popped up that was priced high but a little lower so I grabbed it. I think the last 1995 Upper Deck A's card I need is the Special Edition Gold Rickey Henderson, of course from series 2. 2001 Topps Stars Onyx Ramon Hernandez 01/99 puts me 2 away from completing the team set. 2000 Stadium Club Chrome First Day Adam Piatt 081/100 gets me 3 away from that set. Giambi gets me halfway to the 1999 Paramount Platinum Blue set and Tim Raines completes the Opening Day/74 team set!

View attachment 346911
Some recent signed refractors and a 2020 Topps Independence Day Sheldon Neuse. The Beck auto puts me one away from completing all A's 2017 Bowman Chrome Blue Refractors across Bowman/Bowman Chrome/Bowman Draft.

View attachment 346912
Two Curt Blefary high numbers finish up the 1972 Topps team set. One card remains to complete all Oakland A's base Topps cards: there's an A's player on the 1977 Andre Dawson RC.

View attachment 346913
Lastly, a huge thank you to eBay seller southirish64 - I offered $10 for the Hudson above and he countered with $1 because he had seen my collecting exploits on FCB. Not sure what his username is here but thank you so much for the help and for looking through my wantlists and finding another one I needed. 2000 Paramount Holo-Silver Tim Hudson 26/99 and Holographic Green Eric Chavez 28/99 complete both team sets!
Hey, glad Hudson and Chavez went to a good home! southirish64

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
1986 Henson Company Christmas Card signed by Jim Henson -- Couldn't pass it up for $100 shipped. His signatures typically go for much more. As it is on a company holiday card, figured it has a good shot at being authentic. Still on the lookout for a complete Henson signature with Kermit sketch, but until then this will do. Picked up a signed cast/crew book in October, this will complement it nicely.

s-l800.jpg
s-l800.jpg
s-l800.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
041223.jpg
2004 Donruss Season Stat Line Eric Byrnes 07/64...I still need 25-30 of the various Stat Line cards from 2001-2005 Donruss but I can seemingly only find 1 of them per year. Guess I will finish it up by the time I'm 75. 2022 Finest Blue Autograph Mark Mulder 087/150. And lastly a weirdly hard to find 2008 UD Spectrum Jerry Blevins autograph. One of the last 10 or so "base cards" I needed from the '00s.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Couple random pickups today

2004 Topps Home Team Advantage Ichiro RC - I think these are a very underrated parallel. So many of them have ended up with surface damage due to bricking that they're tough in a high grade.
2004 Topps HTA Ichiro Suzuki SGC 9.jpg2004 Topps HTA Ichiro Suzuki SGC 9 Back.jpg

Warren Spahn Perez Celebrations Auto with SGC Authentication - Love the old school authentication card
Warren Spahn Perez Steele.jpgWarren Spahn Perez Steele Back.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Lamonica. I do enjoy getting long retired player signatures, but the new flashy designs are getting old for me. I love retro looking designs for players like this, not prismatic, swirling, refracto-sparkle-shiner stuff. Still, I buy some of it anyway, because I am always striving to find bargains. s-l1600-1.jpg

Hull. I bought this because it was extremely cheap. The signature is nearly faded off, but for a couple bucks, why not. I have a good copy of this card too. s-l1600-2.jpg

OakAth

Nov 30, 2009
Lamonica. I do enjoy getting long retired player signatures, but the new flashy designs are getting old for me. I love retro looking designs for players like this, not prismatic, swirling, refracto-sparkle-shiner stuff. Still, I buy some of it anyway, because I am always striving to find bargains. View attachment 347044

Hull. I bought this because it was extremely cheap. The signature is nearly faded off, but for a couple bucks, why not. I have a good copy of this card too. View attachment 347045

Not a baseball card, but it is an authentic Lamonica autograph.....this is my brother and I, my parents use to take us to the last day of Raider training camp back in the day.

Lamonica.jpg

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
No mail yesterday but I was set up at Griffey Guy's Bentonville, AR show yesterday and ended up picking up a few things.

This Black Widow auto fits well with my billiards collection.
Jeanette Lee.jpg

I know people frown on Leaf mosf of the time but I'm a sucker for 90s Leaf themed or acetate cards. It helps they're two of the best young players in the game of course.
Adley Rutschman.jpgWander Franco.jpg

I always seem to manage to pick up a couple Cardinals autos on the cheap too.
Ted Simmons.jpgIvan Herrera.jpg

Members online