Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Avid baseball promo collector here.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gofrankgo

Aug 11, 2008
Looking for 1998 Score Complete Players factory sealed SAMPLE sets. Have many other complete promo sets to trade.

gofrankgo

Aug 11, 2008
I'm missing C. Ripken, C. Jones, A. Belle and R. Alomar. Do you have any extras of them? Also do you know the players in the 1998 Score Complete Players sample set? BaseballcardPedia does not list them. You looking for anything in the promo line? Thank you for the compliment about my FT promo site.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Ah, I was asking because I've been looking for the Alomar. At this point I'm not sure the four players you're missing even exist. I don't know anything about the 1990 Score Complete Players sample set, sorry.

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
Anyone know if Kirby Puckett actually had either of these promos available? I’ve never seen myself or know any Puckett collector who has either of them.

1996 Pinnacle Z Team Promo
1996 Select Certified Interleague Preview Sample with Alan Benes

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gofrankgo

Aug 11, 2008
Anyone know if Kirby Puckett actually had either of these promos available? I’ve never seen myself or know any Puckett collector who has either of them.

1996 Pinnacle Z Team Promo
1996 Select Certified Interleague Preview Sample with Alan Benes

Yes. Card # 15 ...
This 25-card set featured hypothetical match-ups fans could look forward to when Inter-League Play began in 1997. Additional copies of cards #7 and #8 were distributed as promos with the word "SAMPLE" printed on them.

• 1 Ken Griffey, Jr. / Hideo Nomo
  • 2 Greg Maddux / Mo Vaughn
  • 3 Sammy Sosa / Frank Thomas
  • 4 Mike Piazza / Jim Edmonds
  • 5 Roger Clemens / Ryan Klesko
  • 6 Derek Jeter / Rey Ordonez
  • 7 Johnny Damon / Ray Lankford
  • 8 Manny Ramirez / Reggie Sanders
  • 9 Barry Bonds / Jay Buhner
  • 10 Jason Isringhausen / Wade Boggs
  • 11 Chipper Jones / David Cone
  • 12 Jeff Bagwell / Will Clark
  • 13 Tony Gwynn / Randy Johnson
  • 14 Cal Ripken, Jr. / Tom Glavine
  • 15 Kirby Puckett / Andy Benes
  • 16 Gary Sheffield / Mike Mussina
  • 17 Raul Mondesi / Tim Salmon
  • 18 Rondell White / Carlos Delgado
  • 19 Ryne Sandberg / Cecil Fielder
  • 20 Kenny Lofton / Brian Hunter
  • 21 Preston Wilson / Paul O'Neill
  • 22 Ismael Valdes / Edgar Martinez
  • 23 Mark McGwire / Matt Williams
  • 24 Albert Belle / Barry Larkin
  • 25 Brian Anderson / Marquis Grissom

gofrankgo

Aug 11, 2008
Ah, I was asking because I've been looking for the Alomar. At this point I'm not sure the four players you're missing even exist. I don't know anything about the 1990 Score Complete Players sample set, sorry.
I agree. Don't think the other 4 players exist either. Just like all the players in the 1995 Score sample set. The BLACK sample version of Albert Belle is the only one that has surfaced to date.

P. S. There is an Alomar in the set.

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
Yes. Card # 15 ...
This 25-card set featured hypothetical match-ups fans could look forward to when Inter-League Play began in 1997. Additional copies of cards #7 and #8 were distributed as promos with the word "SAMPLE" printed on them.

• 1 Ken Griffey, Jr. / Hideo Nomo
  • 2 Greg Maddux / Mo Vaughn
  • 3 Sammy Sosa / Frank Thomas
  • 4 Mike Piazza / Jim Edmonds
  • 5 Roger Clemens / Ryan Klesko
  • 6 Derek Jeter / Rey Ordonez
  • 7 Johnny Damon / Ray Lankford
  • 8 Manny Ramirez / Reggie Sanders
  • 9 Barry Bonds / Jay Buhner
  • 10 Jason Isringhausen / Wade Boggs
  • 11 Chipper Jones / David Cone
  • 12 Jeff Bagwell / Will Clark
  • 13 Tony Gwynn / Randy Johnson
  • 14 Cal Ripken, Jr. / Tom Glavine
  • 15 Kirby Puckett / Andy Benes
  • 16 Gary Sheffield / Mike Mussina
  • 17 Raul Mondesi / Tim Salmon
  • 18 Rondell White / Carlos Delgado
  • 19 Ryne Sandberg / Cecil Fielder
  • 20 Kenny Lofton / Brian Hunter
  • 21 Preston Wilson / Paul O'Neill
  • 22 Ismael Valdes / Edgar Martinez
  • 23 Mark McGwire / Matt Williams
  • 24 Albert Belle / Barry Larkin
  • 25 Brian Anderson / Marquis Grissom

Right, I have the regular issue card 15, was wondering if one with “Sample” was available for the card. It’s been on a want list I’ve had since the early days of the internet, but I don’t think Puckett and Benes had one of those printed with Sample on them.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Just to clarify, you mean the 1995 Score black SAMPLE text variation only applies to the Belle, right? That matches what I've seen, where the 10-card set with white SAMPLE text is pretty easy to find, but nobody except Belle has a black text version.

I agree. Don't think the other 4 players exist either. Just like all the players in the 1995 Score sample set. The BLACK sample version of Albert Belle is the only one that has surfaced to date.

P. S. There is an Alomar in the set.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Right, I have the regular issue card 15, was wondering if one with “Sample” was available for the card. It’s been on a want list I’ve had since the early days of the internet, but I don’t think Puckett and Benes had one of those printed with Sample on them.

I dont know of anyone that has ever seen them.

gofrankgo

Aug 11, 2008
Here is the Thomas/Sosa one. I'm pretty sure there is a Puckett/Benes also.

1996 Select Certified Edition ... Sample ... 3 of 25

1996%20Select%20Sample.jpg

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
I'm missing C. Ripken, C. Jones, A. Belle and R. Alomar. Do you have any extras of them? Also do you know the players in the 1998 Score Complete Players sample set? BaseballcardPedia does not list them. You looking for anything in the promo line? Thank you for the compliment about my FT promo site.
Is Erstad in this? I've never seen one.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Looking for 1998 Score Complete Players factory sealed SAMPLE sets. Have many other complete promo sets to trade.
One of my biggest regrets still was selling my Extra Bases cards. I landed myself in a financial issue and was offered $200 for the Thomas pair. At first I thought they might have been 1/1s, but clearly there were more sets made.

I had won a full set from a Fleer Executive, Ted Taylor, on ebay. It came with the original package of notes and rules that the developer kept. I sold off most of the set, but kept Piazza and then a few never sold so I still have those too.

Thankfully I kept my 92 Ultra Thomas prototypes that were on art boards (like a presentation board, but less formal), having sold or traded the Will Clark, Jose Canseco and Barry Larkins that I had won from Taylor as well.

gofrankgo

Aug 11, 2008
I assume you mean these 1995 Extra Bases. If you ever want to sell the 1992 Ultra prototypes, I would be interested.

Fleer Extra Bases ... 4 11/16" x 2 1/2" ... (prototype) ... P16

1995%20Game%20Breakers%20P16%20F.jpg1995%20Game%20Breakers%20P16%20B.jpg

Fleer Extra Bases . Gamebreaker ... 4 11/16" x 2 1/2" ... test issue/prototype ... NNO

1995%20Game%20Breakers%20F.jpg1995%20Game%20Breakers%20B.jpg

Latest posts