Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

May arrivals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
051623-1.jpg
I was absolutely shocked to win the 1999 Ultimate Victory Parallel/100 for less than $10 shipped at auction. Yeah it's Matt Stairs, but that's a pretty popular set. My snipe was set quite a bit higher than $10. Puts me 2 short of the team set but one of those is a Tim Hudson RC. Hinch 1999 UD Choice Prime Choice Reserve 067/100 gets me 1 away from that team set...I missed on hitting a cheap BIN for the one I'm missing by three minutes! The Grieve is one of those deals where it's /4500 but only the first /500 are die cut. It took me forever to find for some reason. And Ramon Hernandez gets me within 4 of the large 2001 Pacific Retail LTD/85 team set.

051623-2.jpg
Eck was the second to last A's auto I needed from 2021 Topps Chrome Platinum...just missing the very short printed Rickey Henderson now, doubt I'll ever spend on that.

051623-3.jpg
Coco Crisp 2013 Gypsy Queen Mini Black 199/199 leaves me 2 short of the team set. The Quad Jersey 01/10 Zito/Haren/Blanton/Harden is out of 2005 Ultimate Collection. I had never seen one before and thought it was pretty cool so I grabbed it. ASnd Ben Sheets is one of the very difficult Target parallels. I'm slowly chipping away at the 2009 and 2010 sets but have a long way to go.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Klesko. Cheap early pack inserted auto. Klesko.jpg

Bernhardt. Bernhardt.png

Coop. I like this design a lot, very 56 Topps looking. Coop.png

Eller. /25 Eller 25.jpg

Garoppolo. I should share this on my Raider QB post, but he hasn't played for them yet and you never know. Planning ahead for what should be the next Raider QB. garoppolo.jpg

David Sims on this elusive photo issue. Personalized, but it works for me. Sims.png

Lucas. Must have about 5 of these now. Easiest and cheapest of the set it seems. Lucas.jpg

Another of these stamped mid 90s autos that i am a little leery of, but taking a chance. I don't recall seeing this one ever listed, but listing mentioned trivia contest/winner card.Magic Skybox.jpg

chippernate

So at the Braves game last night, I grabbed a Almonte game used jersey from 2021. Not the greatest name but I wanted a piece from the 2021 season and price was right for a gamer

B012E972-96FF-43BA-BE8B-CAF028D7024F.jpeg

Also found a lineup card from Michael Harris 4th career game, where we collected his 2nd career hit and run, as well as his 1st career RBI. Just happened to have a signing today too
86F1CA6F-AA4B-46AB-8C10-99FE03DE180A.jpeg

And as I was walking out looking at the dealer tables and got a deal on something I’ve been wanting for 15 years. Wasn’t planning on spending but couldn’t pass it up
EB915E10-2F55-4AC5-8E84-FF4680F70D7E.jpeg

JSA and BAS LOAs

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I have wanted this one since the issue hit the streets. Correa's status has cooled and thus I was finally able to get one closer to the price I wanted to pay. /25. Correa 25.jpg

Tarkenton /8Fran 8.jpg. Marshall. Marshall.jpg

Wilkens /50. Lenny 50.jpg. Meyers-Drysdale. I like the clean look of these. Dabbling into WNBA again, after buying packs of the initial issue back in 1998. Since I don't really follow the game itself, trying to get the best players to go with the rest of my autographs. Meyers is a HOFer.s-l1600.jpg

I don't recall seeing this card before. It was cheap and right up my alley. Instant winner redemption/entry card with a perforated tab at bottom. Not sure what you could win, but it looks like every card was a winner, so probably not much of significance unless you beat the odds, lottery style.Elway.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Clemens 5x7 wrapper redemption, fairly cheap for a Clemens auto, so I did a BO. Have a couple, but why not when it was so cheap. s-l1600-5.jpg

Someone showed this off on Net54 and thought it would be neat to have. Apparently it was a thank you for your patience gift for Donruss being late with their orders. Its the puzzle from that year, but not cut into pieces, plus mounted and clear coated/glossy finish. Neat oddball items. Ruth 1.jpgRuth 2.jpg

Fingers set. s-l1600-2.jpg

Magglio. s-l1600-1.jpg

Continuing my WNBA adds with what seems like a steal for Sue Bird auto at under $15! Don't care that it is some sort of off brand. Would have liked a nicer one showing her in a Storm uni, but i'll take the deal over a better looking card. Seems she is one of the best all-time, so I'd call that a bargain. s-l1600.png

Anne Donovan. HOFer and deceased. Donovan Anne.jpg

Staley HOF, Brunson and Pondexter are possible Future HOFers s-l1600-6.jpgs-l1600-8.jpgs-l1600-7.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
052623-1.jpg
Another "buyback" autograph that isn't a buyback...the original version of this card is numbered /49 on the front. And it's already signed. Panini just finding a way to get rid of their leftover replacement stock. But my dumb @$$ still paid $50 for it.

052623-2.jpg 052623-3.jpg 052623-4.jpg
A couple of neat serial number upgrades for cards I already have.

052623-5.jpg
Various A's stuff.

052623-6.jpg
Last but definitely not least, I've been hunting a 2001 Topps Chrome Retrofractor Mark Mulder forever. I've only seen 2 of them in the last 10 years, the first one I bought then it was lost in the mail. This one arrived fine and dandy from Sweden. The centering isn't great, which is typical of Series 1 Retrofractors, but at least there's no refractor line (that's also common). This finally completes the Series 1 team set. The only card I'm missing from Series 2 is a Rickey Henderson highlights card, which pops up every now and then but I'll probably have to shell out triple digits for it unless I'm lucky. That's the last A's Topps Chrome base Refractor parallel I need 1996 through 2021.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Got a large bunch of 4x6 auto photos that were pretty cheap, but nobody worth posting here if I have to go grab each scan...I will share a couple of the Dodgers in my other thread. The rest were mostly older FB/BKB fan faves and a couple lesser tier HOFers.

This Casey card was a buck and in the arena of stuff I like. Casey.jpgs-l1600-8.jpg

These Sugar Daddys are cool. I had the Olsen when I was a kid, not sure where it came from originally, but it was a cherished addition. The cards with red, white and blue background were just so cool to me then as well. They are small too, if you have never seen one in person, about 1" wide by 2 3/4" tall. One of many cheap, fun cards that remind me of my earliest collecting days (and my youth). Cards have come a long way, but I will always be reminded of a simpler, but perhaps more fun, time of collecting.
Olson SD.jpglittle SD.jpgPetrie SD.jpgWalker SD.jpg

Members online