Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1986 Miller Lite Giants - Will Clark

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spike

Oct 22, 2013
Good morning!

I'm hoping someone knows something about this card. Any and all information/feedback is appreciated. How was it distributed (i.e., in cases of beer, stadium giveaway, etc.)? Also, were other players released?

So far, I've seen it twice (another Clark collector has it in his collection). A former Clark Super Collector had it on his checklist forever but has never seen it. I have posted it in a Clark group, and a Giants group, but nobody seems to know much about it. Google is zero help.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• 1986 Miller Lite Front.jpg
    1986 Miller Lite Front.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 1986 Miller Lite Back.jpg
    1986 Miller Lite Back.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 26

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Is it regular card thickness or thin like paper? With the blank back and being black and white it maybe seems like something that could have been printed on an advertisement and not meant as a card release, but a couple of people cut them out? Being a 1986 release, I wouldn't expect a major league card to be black and white. MLB/MLBPA probably wouldn't want cards put in cases of beer since at that time cards were still thought of as being mainly for kids. If it was a stadium giveaway you would think there would be something on the back, and there would be more information out there about them.

Spike

Oct 22, 2013
Is it regular card thickness or thin like paper? With the blank back and being black and white it maybe seems like something that could have been printed on an advertisement and not meant as a card release, but a couple of people cut them out? Being a 1986 release, I wouldn't expect a major league card to be black and white. MLB/MLBPA probably wouldn't want cards put in cases of beer since at that time cards were still thought of as being mainly for kids. If it was a stadium giveaway you would think there would be something on the back, and there would be more information out there about them.
Thanks for the feedback! Advertisement cutout would make the most sense. It's not card stock and it's not necessarily poster stock (somewhere in between). I'm from the Midwest, so not seeing it until recently would lead me to believe it was a regional issue released in California. I think you're right - if it was a SGA, or something similar, I would have seen more copies by now.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Thanks for the feedback! Advertisement cutout would make the most sense. It's not card stock and it's not necessarily poster stock (somewhere in between). I'm from the Midwest, so not seeing it until recently would lead me to believe it was a regional issue released in California. I think you're right - if it was a SGA, or something similar, I would have seen more copies by now.

@RStadlerASU22

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
It had the appearance of a cheap broder card. Lacking any other solid info there is a good change it is a custom or limited issue broder. I suppose it could have bene made up for an event. Oddly, a lot of that stuff seems to disappear and never be seen again. Minor league give aways, in store signing appearances, etc.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I grew up in Central California (prime Giants territory) and collected in the late '80s and don't recall seeing any cards like this...but then again I was looking for A's stuff so I could have missed it. I'm pretty familiar with the large amount of local Broder cards from the late '80s and they were all much better quality than that Clark...but then again maybe in 1986 somebody tried something that poor. I'm thinking with the picture quality and being black and white...maybe it was some type of newspaper issue?

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Never seen that one before but everything you're saying about it makes it feel like a newspaper insert that's been cut up to me.

Members online

Latest posts