Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA Chat going on now on ESPN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Calling ALL_THE_HYPE -

Rick Porcello: Am I the Tigers 5th starter?

Ben Badler: (2:56 PM ET ) I don't think so. I wouldn't want to jump a 20-year-old pitcher from 125 to potentially 200 innings in one season.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
I like his response....tempted to ask about my other man-crush: Aaron Cunningham

Muchuckwagon - Columbus, Ohio: Mike Brantley has been rumored as the lead-off hitter of the future for the Tribe and is off to a good start this spring. What do you think of Brantley and could he get significant playing time this year with the Tribe?

SportsNation Ben Badler: (2:58 PM ET ) Some think he's a fourth outfielder, I think he's more than that. His plate discipline and ability to make contact is elite, and with his frame I could see him growing into enough power to be a good starter, albeit not fitting into the traditional slugging corner outfield profile. He'll probably spend most of this year in Triple-A, though.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
I got in the last question.....

Muchuckwagon (Ohio): What are your thoughts on Aaron Cunningham? With the addition of Holliday, the A's have a crowded outfield. Will he see much playing time this year and does he have the tools to succeed long-term in the bigs?

SportsNation Ben Badler: It's going to be tough for Cunningham to get playing time in '09, but I do think he has the potential to be an above-average big leaguer. His defense is better suited for left field than for center, but the idea that corner outfielders all have to fit into the Carlos Lee mold of a big-time slugger with little to negative defensive value is outdated. Cunningham can be a high OBP, moderate slugger, with above-average defense relative to his peers in left field. The tools don't blow anyone away, but the overall package leads me to believe he could be an above-average regular.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
Craig - 21hawk said:
Man, you got two and he didn't answer/see my one and only question about Danny Valencia.

Guess I need to become the king of espn.com, too. :(

Craig

Well....as crapolisicous as today as been, one good thing was bound to happen! :?

Kutzy

Sep 2, 2008
muchuckwagon said:
Craig - 21hawk said:
Man, you got two and he didn't answer/see my one and only question about Danny Valencia.

Guess I need to become the king of espn.com, too. :(

Craig

Well....as crapolisicous as today as been, one good thing was bound to happen! :?

Im still here for ya ;)

Members online

Latest posts