Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Did this sell too high, too low, or just right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
I saw this the other day and have noticed how the pricing on cards /36, /27, and /18 typically run pretty close together. I also wondered what this card would have gone for had it not started at $30 for the opening bid.

Do you think the price was about right? What would you say a /27 or /18 would go for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/2009-Triple-Threads ... 3cb1779b39

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Have not tracked those prices but one thing I can say is that his nicer stuff rarely shows up on eBay, and the Gu stuff less often than the Chrome's. I've seen a whole bunch of gold and orange ref's since I started buying him, but I can not recall a single Bowman Sterling Patch, and just a small number of those.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
Have not tracked those prices but one thing I can say is that his nicer stuff rarely shows up on eBay, and the Gu stuff less often than the Chrome's. I've seen a whole bunch of gold and orange ref's since I started buying him, but I can not recall a single Bowman Sterling Patch, and just a small number of those.

Yeah, I haven't seen any of the patches either. This is the first TTT I have seen since I have been following his stuff over the last month or so. I have an opportunity to get one #'d/ to 27 but I wasn't sure how desirable the TTT cards will be. I didn't know if the scarcity meant people wanted them or they could care less about them. I really wish this auction had started at 99 cents so I could have had a better idea of its true value.

Would you have paid $30 for that card yourself?

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
tommyfro21 said:
Topnotchsy said:

Yeah, I haven't seen any of the patches either. This is the first TTT I have seen since I have been following his stuff over the last month or so. I have an opportunity to get one #'d/ to 27 but I wasn't sure how desirable the TTT cards will be. I didn't know if the scarcity meant people wanted them or they could care less about them. I really wish this auction had started at 99 cents so I could have had a better idea of its true value.

Would you have paid $30 for that card yourself?
I wonder if the focus on Japan is a little different than here where we kind of dismiss game-used. Someone who lives there might know better.

In the case of this card, I let it pass for a few reasons. I did not know what the market really was, I don't love dual player cards, and I'm not swimming in funds right now. The seller may have left money on the table by not shipping internationally, but I really don't know.

What have you amassed of Darvish to this point, if you don't mind me asking?

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
It looks like anyone buying Darvish hoping to "cash in" will have to wait at least another year. Link
Personally, I'd like to see Gourriel in the states before Darvish but I really doubt it would happen.

Members online

Latest posts