Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BOWMAN CHROME DESIGN

HOW MANY MORE YEARS WILL THE BOWMAN CHROME DESIGN BE THE DOMINATING DESIGN

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
For the longest time TOPPS was the Leading design, but at least they changed it every year.
Soon Leaf, Fleer, and Donruss took some of their business as to the "KEY ROOKIES", but it seems that
BOWMAN chrome has been the leader since 2001.

To me, the design looks too much the same every year, and believe we should have a change in designs.

I don't really think that it will happen anytime in the near future, just because the product sells so hot, but
will surely welcome the change when it does happen.

I think I know what the prospectors will say.. :?
Your thoughts?

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Although, by its very nature, your opinion is a valid one...

I think there has been quite a change in design from year to year in the bowman chrome line. Sure they keep the chrome/refractor technology but thats not really 'design' now is it? Are you sure you are not asking for a technology change? Or possibly a paralell diversity change??? Because the 'cadr design' from year to year change vastly..

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
matfanofold said:
Although, by its very nature, your opinion is a valid one...

I think there has been quite a change in design from year to year in the bowman chrome line. Sure they keep the chrome/refractor technology but thats not really 'design' now is it? Are you sure you are not asking for a technology change? Or possibly a paralell diversity change??? Because the 'cadr design' from year to year change vastly..

I guess it's just a matter of opinion, but besides the borders, I personally think the designs look too much the same every year....

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
I like the design year in and year out. Every product is classical but different. Each year has it's own unique qualities, yet is similar to the other years. This is a great thing to have in a primarily rookie based product as collectors can use a standard for a particular players card. I guess an easier way to put it is you can look back at a 2003 Chrome card and put it on the same level as a 2008 card based off of similar design, similar parrallels, same brand....etc. What if MJ had a Bowman Chome RC, well with this setup...we will be able to answer a few of those questions in the future.

i went on a few tangents

Frow

Is it really a dominating design now? If it didn't have prospects and limited numbered cards would anyone really give a damn? Outside of 2002 seems to be the last year that BC actually had a unique design and also seems to be the final year that borders weren't the focus of the cards.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
bballcardkid said:
I like the design year in and year out. Every product is classical but different. Each year has it's own unique qualities, yet is similar to the other years. This is a great thing to have in a primarily rookie based product as collectors can use a standard for a particular players card. I guess an easier way to put it is you can look back at a 2003 Chrome card and put it on the same level as a 2008 card based off of similar design, similar parrallels, same brand....etc. What if MJ had a Bowman Chome RC, well with this setup...we will be able to answer a few of those questions in the future.

i went on a few tangents

If you have a rookie from every year from 1952 to 1990, you will have some variety and something really to look at.
If you have a favorite rookie from every year each of the bowman chromes, the diversity pales in comparison...being a rookie collector, it's just getting old fast....JMO

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts