Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bye Bye V.Y.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Krusin

Jun 3, 2009
Middle Tennessee
Local stations in Nashville are reporting Young is on his way out & will be official 2/7 on the 1st cut day. It's reported Bud Adams made the final decission & coaching decissions are still being considered.

edit:

Delete this thread as mine was being typed at the same time as another, I got scooped.

Krusin

Jun 3, 2009
Middle Tennessee
Re: VY Not Returning To The Titans in '11

We must of been typing at the same time, Mod's please delete my thread & go with this one, I got scooped ::facepalm:: .

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Re: VY Not Returning To The Titans in '11

Hopefully they go 0-16 next year with their overrated child molester lookalike coach

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
So they finally draft a good WR for VY to throw to and the next year they cut VY.....makes sense. ::facepalm::

I'll never understand why teams draft QB's high but then don't give him any decent WR's to throw to. Look at the Rams for the most recent example, if they had a WR worth a damn they would've beaten the Seahawks on Sunday night.

cwells46

Aug 7, 2008
Pigeon Forge, TN
mstng99tim said:
So they finally draft a good WR for VY to throw to and the next year they cut VY.....makes sense. ::facepalm::

I'll never understand why teams draft QB's high but then don't give him any decent WR's to throw to. Look at the Rams for the most recent example, if they had a WR worth a damn they would've beaten the Seahawks on Sunday night.

I don't appreciate the cheap shot at Danny Amendola :(

jamuser304

Apr 24, 2009
mstng99tim said:

The Rams needed a QB badly, thats why they took Bradford. They would be crazy not to select a WR with their first pick this year. If they dont, then Ill criticize them. Until then, the Rams did a fantastic job with a makeshift crew of receivers.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
cwells46 said:
mstng99tim said:

He's a #4 WR on most teams. ;)

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
jamuser304 said:
mstng99tim said:

The Rams needed a QB badly, thats why they took Bradford. They would be crazy not to select a WR with their first pick this year. If they dont, then Ill criticize them. Until then, the Rams did a fantastic job with a makeshift crew of receivers.
So what was their excuse in the previous drafts? What about free agency? OH YEAH, they picked up Mark Clayton. :lol:

cwells46

Aug 7, 2008
Pigeon Forge, TN
mstng99tim said:
cwells46 said:
mstng99tim said:

He's a #4 WR on most teams. ;)

I still like him tho ;)

jamuser304

Apr 24, 2009
mstng99tim said:
jamuser304 said:
mstng99tim said:

So what was their excuse in the previous drafts? What about free agency? OH YEAH, they picked up Mark Clayton. :lol:

Are you speaking of picks after Bradford, or drafts? You must mean picks because the draft hasnt occurred yet. Anyways, the Rams did pick Gilyard, who didnt seem to grasp the game plan. And as you mentioned, they did trade for Clayton, who did very well for them until he got injured. If he played out the entire season at the same pace, he would have had 70+ catches for nearly 1000 yards and 6 touchdowns. Thats pretty good production for what they traded for him. Needless to say, I think their passing game is bright given that they stay healthy and they pick a WR in the first round. They will have Donnie Avery and Mark Clayton returning next year, to go along with either Green or Jones in the draft.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
jamuser304 said:
mstng99tim said:
jamuser304 said:
mstng99tim said:

Are you speaking of picks after Bradford, or drafts? You must mean picks because the draft hasnt occurred yet. Anyways, the Rams did pick Gilyard, who didnt seem to grasp the game plan. And as you mentioned, they did trade for Clayton, who did very well for them until he got injured. If he played out the entire season at the same pace, he would have had 70+ catches for nearly 1000 yards and 6 touchdowns. Thats pretty good production for what they traded for him. Needless to say, I think their passing game is bright given that they stay healthy and they pick a WR in the first round. They will have Donnie Avery and Mark Clayton returning next year, to go along with either Green or Jones in the draft.
I said previous drafts, do you know what the word previous means? ::facepalm::

jamuser304

Apr 24, 2009
mstng99tim said:
jamuser304 said:
mstng99tim said:
jamuser304 said:
mstng99tim said:

So they would pick Bradford and go back to the future and pick a WR knowing they would have him? That makes absolutely no sense. You made the point that you didnt understand why a team like the Rams would pick a QB so high and not supply him with an adequate receiver, correct? I know what "previous" means, which is why I thought it was a mistake. You could make a note that the Rams could have picked a WR in the second or third round, but they decided to take an offensive tackle to protect their major investment and a CB to improve their defense. The only thing that you could say against the Rams drafting method is the third round pick, because an OT is a reasonable pick considering the money they put into Bradford.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
Wise decision to keep the coach and ditch the diva QB. Young created his own problems and brought this upon himself.

rexvos

Aug 24, 2008
dfr52 said:
Wise decision to keep the coach and ditch the diva QB. Young created his own problems and brought this upon himself.

exactly. VY has been a nightmare on and off the field. Anyone who thinks that he has any future in TN is crazy. He could possibly resurrect his career elsewhere if he matures, but no one in their right mind would bring him in with the thought of him being a starting quarterback.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
jamuser304 said:
mstng99tim said:
jamuser304 said:
mstng99tim said:
jamuser304 said:
[quote="mstng99tim":32h4s9fn]So they finally draft a good WR for VY to throw to and the next year they cut VY.....makes sense. ::facepalm::

So they would pick Bradford and go back to the future and pick a WR knowing they would have him? That makes absolutely no sense. You made the point that you didnt understand why a team like the Rams would pick a QB so high and not supply him with an adequate receiver, correct? I know what "previous" means, which is why I thought it was a mistake. You could make a note that the Rams could have picked a WR in the second or third round, but they decided to take an offensive tackle to protect their major investment and a CB to improve their defense. The only thing that you could say against the Rams drafting method is the third round pick, because an OT is a reasonable pick considering the money they put into Bradford.[/quote:32h4s9fn]
Dude, if you have little to no talent at WR you address it. They haven't had a talented WR since Holt & Bruce left. When they left they should've restocked since WR's tend to take a little longer than QB's do. By the time the "new WR's" were up to speed, they could then draft Bradford (just like they did) and they would be sitting pretty right now with a star RB, good young QB and good WR's....but instead they have a star RB and a good young QB.

rexvos

Aug 24, 2008
mstng99tim said:
jamuser304 said:
mstng99tim said:
jamuser304 said:
mstng99tim said:
[quote="jamuser304":237wefgr][quote="mstng99tim":237wefgr]So they finally draft a good WR for VY to throw to and the next year they cut VY.....makes sense. ::facepalm::

So they would pick Bradford and go back to the future and pick a WR knowing they would have him? That makes absolutely no sense. You made the point that you didnt understand why a team like the Rams would pick a QB so high and not supply him with an adequate receiver, correct? I know what "previous" means, which is why I thought it was a mistake. You could make a note that the Rams could have picked a WR in the second or third round, but they decided to take an offensive tackle to protect their major investment and a CB to improve their defense. The only thing that you could say against the Rams drafting method is the third round pick, because an OT is a reasonable pick considering the money they put into Bradford.[/quote:237wefgr]
Dude, if you have little to no talent at WR you address it. They haven't had a talented WR since Holt & Bruce left. When they left they should've restocked since WR's tend to take a little longer than QB's do. By the time the "new WR's" were up to speed, they could then draft Bradford (just like they did) and they would be sitting pretty right now with a star RB, good young QB and good WR's....but instead they have a star RB and a good young QB.[/quote:237wefgr]

Not always that easy. WR is one of the biggest bust positions in the NFL. Also the typical learning curve for most receivers is 3 years. I am not sure what you expect. The Lions addressed WR 3 times in the early part of the 2000s with 3 can't miss guys. Guess what they swung and missed on Charles Rogers, Roy Williams and Mike Williams. (they were lucky enough to fleece the Dallas Cowboys in the Roy Williams trade though to ease the pain slightly). The Rams addressed the WR but like many teams the injury bug hit them. Would you say the Saints have not addressed the RB position? They are going into the postseason having to sign people off of practice squads because of injury. Pierre Thomas IR, Chris Ivory IR. They are going in with Julius Jones, a less than 100% Reggie Bush and a guy off the Eagles practice squad. Undoubtedly this will hurt them in the playoffs, but is not because they did not address the issue. You cannot forsee how injuries will effect your team and your playoff chances. That is just the nature of the NFL.

jamuser304

Apr 24, 2009
mstng99tim said:
jamuser304 said:
mstng99tim said:
jamuser304 said:
mstng99tim said:
[quote="jamuser304":3gu0pd9o][quote="mstng99tim":3gu0pd9o]So they finally draft a good WR for VY to throw to and the next year they cut VY.....makes sense. ::facepalm::

So they would pick Bradford and go back to the future and pick a WR knowing they would have him? That makes absolutely no sense. You made the point that you didnt understand why a team like the Rams would pick a QB so high and not supply him with an adequate receiver, correct? I know what "previous" means, which is why I thought it was a mistake. You could make a note that the Rams could have picked a WR in the second or third round, but they decided to take an offensive tackle to protect their major investment and a CB to improve their defense. The only thing that you could say against the Rams drafting method is the third round pick, because an OT is a reasonable pick considering the money they put into Bradford.[/quote:3gu0pd9o]
Dude, if you have little to no talent at WR you address it. They haven't had a talented WR since Holt & Bruce left. When they left they should've restocked since WR's tend to take a little longer than QB's do. By the time the "new WR's" were up to speed, they could then draft Bradford (just like they did) and they would be sitting pretty right now with a star RB, good young QB and good WR's....but instead they have a star RB and a good young QB.[/quote:3gu0pd9o]

As I mentioned, they have Donnie Avery who was an early 2nd round pick in 2008 and traded for Mark Clayton who was a 1st round pick in 2005. Granted, both of them got injured, but to say they didnt try addressing their WR situation is foolish. I suggest you save your criticism until after the draft. If they dont select a WR in the first round this year, you can rip on them all you want. But in the meantime, I think they did well at WR besides the injuries. The Patriots are proving you dont need a superstar wide receiver to contend, but it helps.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Have been gone since the news broke so I have no clue what Nashville media is saying. I think it is safe to agree that we knew that either VY or Coach Fisher would be shown the door. As talked about on the radio this morning, VY has had 5 years for the Titans to be able to have a clue as to what they have in him. Personally I think they made the right choice.

Members online