Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2001 MLB Flag Patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Good morning everyone.

This question may be viewed as a bit morbid or in bad taste. If it is, let me know and I'll take it down.

This is really just honest curiosity on my part. Because I've been watching WAY TOO MUCH MLB Network the last couple weeks, this question popped into my head last night.

Have there ever been any cards made with the US Flag patches from the back of the uniforms worn at the end of the 2001 season? I think this is something that could be really cool and patriotic if done tastefully. Or maybe the subject matter was just avoided altogether?

Anybody have any info / scans / thoughts ?

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Pic stolen from pinbreakers bucket. These are great cards.

147323975_38ef2f7aac.jpg

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Pinbreaker also has the Shawn Green. Those are the only two that I can recall ever seeing, and they are sick!!

Billy Packer

Aug 7, 2008
Didn't somebody just get a flag patch card signed at Twinsfest this past weekend? I seem to recall one in that thread - maybe not from the same set though.

Topnotchsy said:
Pinbreaker also has the Shawn Green. Those are the only two that I can recall ever seeing, and they are sick!!

I pulled and sold the Roger Clemens flag patch shortly after release. Sold "offline" to an ebay buyer in Hawaii who was a middleman selling it to a man in Asia. I was a HOF collector then as well, and this was before Clemens steroid troubles. The money paid for a trip to disney for the family. To date my biggest sale. I used to have a scan but the computer crashed w/ the pics...

Members online

Latest posts