User Tag List

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Braun exonterated

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Braun suspension overturned on a technicality

“As part of our drug testing program, the Commissioner’s Office and the Players Association agreed to a neutral third-party review for instances that are under dispute,” read a statement from MLB. “While we have always respected that process, Major League Baseball vehemently disagrees with the decision rendered today by arbitrator Shyam Das.”
    There's a lot more to this story that we may never be allowed to know.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Braun suspension overturned on a technicality

Quote Originally Posted by ChasHawk
    “As part of our drug testing program, the Commissioner’s Office and the Players Association agreed to a neutral third-party review for instances that are under dispute,” read a statement from MLB. “While we have always respected that process, Major League Baseball vehemently disagrees with the decision rendered today by arbitrator Shyam Das.”
    There's a lot more to this story that we may never be allowed to know.
    Ouch, I wonder if MLB can exact any kind of punishment outside of the ruling...?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Braun exonterated

Quote Originally Posted by brauny
    Someone here will always find the negative in all of this, why not just say it as it is #1 Good for MLB and #2 good for the Brewers and #3 good for baseball fans and #4 good for me because now my Braun stash won't tank in value!

figz'd.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Braun didn't argue evidence of tampering, didn't argue anything about science being wrong but argued protocol had not been followed. A second source confirmed to ESPN investigative reporter Mark Fainaru-Wada that Braun did not dispute the science but rather questioned chain of custody/collection procedure.

According to one of the sources, the collector, after getting Braun's sample, was supposed to take the sample to FedEx/Kinkos for shipping but thought it was closed because it was late on a Saturday. As has occurred in some other instances, the collector took the sample home and kept it in a cool place and possibly refrigerated it. Policy states that the sample is supposed to get to FedEx as soon as possible.
    So if true, he got off on something that is part of normal policy and has been done before with other samples.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChasHawk
    Braun didn't argue evidence of tampering, didn't argue anything about science being wrong but argued protocol had not been followed. A second source confirmed to ESPN investigative reporter Mark Fainaru-Wada that Braun did not dispute the science but rather questioned chain of custody/collection procedure.

According to one of the sources, the collector, after getting Braun's sample, was supposed to take the sample to FedEx/Kinkos for shipping but thought it was closed because it was late on a Saturday. As has occurred in some other instances, the collector took the sample home and kept it in a cool place and possibly refrigerated it. Policy states that the sample is supposed to get to FedEx as soon as possible.
    So if true, he got off on something that is part of normal policy and has been done before with other samples.
    Yep, like I said (either here or in the other thread...?) chain of custody...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I draw blood off my patients all the time. I'm glad so many of you understand how errors are made. I don't come on here giving accounting opinions. I could make every single one of you look like a drug user on accident very easily.

Glad everyone isn't overreacting to the verbage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Brauny, here's a new T shirt idea "TEFLON BRAUN"

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the statement by MLB has to be the most childish thing I have ever heard from a "Professional" organization. How many times have they hung a guy on a technicallity? Isn't their entire premise based on technicallities?

Player A says he didn't cheat, he just accidentally took something he didn't know was banned or tainted. MLB says: "sorry kid, you should have known better. Technically you didn't 'cheat', but you still broke the rules, so suck it."

Now some player turns the tables on the MLB, and they act like a bunch of children who only want to play by the rules when it favors them.

And I might be making a hyperbolic statement here, but that press release will negatively impact labor relations in the future, as will this entire situation.
    "I'm an acquired taste; if you don't like me, you should acquire some taste!"-- Stephen Colbert

Trade album Personal Collection

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will still be debated ashame he was not declared innocent by other methods (am neutral in this)
    Washington Nationals 2017 World Series Champs

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whether he took a banned substance or not, any technicalities that result in an overturned decision bring the whole testing process into question. If they can't be bothered to cleanly execute the testing process, what good is it? So I see two positives out of this: no one can trot out the "never been a successful appeal" line, which is meaningless in and of itself and it will force MLB to be a lot more careful with how it handles this whole testing process.

In any case, courts and appeals processes do not declare the defendant "innocent", they just negate the charge in question.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First when I read it on new york times on my phone I couldn't believe it, I am pretty sure this is the first time someone beat the appeals process am I right? I think this is ridiculous, from everything I read, he changed his story twice most recently claiming it was a herpes treatment and on top of it claiming the test wasn't administered properly, which is it? The test was done properly and you had elevated testosterone because of herpes or you didn't have elevated levels of testosterone and have no herpes and the test was done incorrectly? I just think that there should be some kind of area of gray here not 50 games and not a clean slate, because he's clearly not innocent.

Anyways, congrats to the Brewer fans and the Braun fans he definitely pulled a Houdini here

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So in short he failed, but since the sample was treated like all the others like before it it he won? Great job dopes who voted

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by homerun28aa
    First when I read it on new york times on my phone I couldn't believe it, I am pretty sure this is the first time someone beat the appeals process am I right? I think this is ridiculous, from everything I read, he changed his story twice most recently claiming it was a herpes treatment and on top of it claiming the test wasn't administered properly, which is it? The test was done properly and you had elevated testosterone because of herpes or you didn't have elevated levels of testosterone and have no herpes and the test was done incorrectly? I just think that there should be some kind of area of gray here not 50 games and not a clean slate, because he's clearly not innocent.

Anyways, congrats to the Brewer fans and the Braun fans he definitely pulled a Houdini here
    Please point me to where you read this, as I may have missed it. I don't think there was ever a quote from Braun or his camp that claimed either of these points. Again, I may have missed it; but I'm pretty sure his meme the entire time was simply: "wait until I get my day in court."
    "I'm an acquired taste; if you don't like me, you should acquire some taste!"-- Stephen Colbert

Trade album Personal Collection

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coltsnsox07
    Hey Brauny, here's a new T shirt idea "TEFLON BRAUN"

homerun28aa beat me to it, but "Hebrew Houidini"
    SCREW PHOTOBUCKET
    Jeff Cirillo Spread Sheet ||
    Hall of Unending Gratitude: dazed, magicpapa, uniquebaseballcards, and the vigilant eye of tonsofcommons

nbort
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see how this is bad in anyway. MLB only has their testing to blame. If they were more careful with their sample he wouldn't have been able to win. I have no issues with the decision, because if he really was innocent (just for argument for those that don't believe), we don't want more innocent player's samples messed up. Also, if a player is actually guilty we want to know that the sample was handled correctly so someone can't argue mishandling.

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast