Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which QB is the best all-time

Who is the best QB ever

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Figure every aspect of the game into your decision... explanations would be great. I only put in QB's that have won at least one Super Bowl, I just don't believe a QB can even be considered without at least one.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
My top 5.

Tom Brady
John Elway
Joe Montana
Dan Marino
Johnny Unitas

Peyton Manning would have Unitas spots but for me, he doesn't show up enough in big games to merit being on the list.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
I couldn't vote so the best I can do is narrow it down to top 4.

1) Joe Montana
2) Tom Brady
3) John Elway
4) Troy Aikman

Vincesanity

Feb 14, 2009
Temple TX
Tom Brady had a harder road than Montana if you ask me and didn't have Jerry Rice

He had a midget from Texas Tech

49ers also won without the salary cap

martincp

Aug 10, 2008
I would say Montana from your list but think you're missing some great QB's by not including those from the pre-Super Bowl era.

For example Otto Graham led the Cleveland Browns to ten straight Championship games from 1946-1955 winning 7 of them.

bmp1

Dec 31, 2008
I would go with Joe Montana at this point. In the future, I would have to say Peyton Manning given his abilities and the unfortunate injury this past year to Brady.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Brady won a Super Bowl with Givens and Patten at WR and Antowain Smith at RB.

Montana: John Taylor. Jerry Rice. Roger Craig.

Feb 22, 2009
In order
Joe Montana
Sammy Baugh
Dan Marino
John Elway

Had to put Sammy up there because he revlutonized the foward pass, if that dosnt get you something then I dont know what does.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
flightposite said:
Brady won a Super Bowl with Givens and Patten at WR and Antowain Smith at RB.

Montana: John Taylor. Jerry Rice. Roger Craig.

The question is if Montana made those guys better or if those guys made Montana better. I think that Montana made those guys better. The only guy on that list who would have been great without Montana would be Jerry Rice.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
skins&steelers42 said:
Had to put Sammy up there because he revlutonized the foward pass, if that dosnt get you something then I dont know what does.
+1

My top 3, not in any order though (can't choose) :
Roger Staubach - Yes I'm a Cowboys fan, but there's more to it than that. First, he was a large part in bringing about what is arguably the greatest commercial team in football history, football's New York Yankees if you will. Plus he was the first mobile QB I can think of.
Sammy Baugh - See above quote.
Dan Marino - Do I need to explain?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I'll say Dan Marino hands down.I also don't believe the super bowl is the best way to tell who was the best.The quarterback is not the only position that has to succeed.Just look at Matt Schaub this last season.He was one of the best QB's around yet where did the Texans end up?Nowhere.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
ross9013 said:
When Peyton retires, i believe i'd go with him slightly over Brady. But for now, i'll go with Dan Marino!

I think Peyton has had some serious good lineman int he past.I would love watching the Colts play because when he stepped back into the pocket...he had all the time in the world.But you have to give it to him...he is calm and can connect very well.

Members online