Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Many stars, and two future HOFers, remain unsigned by teams.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Here's a list from ESPN.com of the free agents who haven't been signed by a team.
Pudge Rodriguez is only 156 hits away from 3,000.
And Vlad Guerrero is 51 homers away from 500.
A few of these guys, like Webb and Harden have suffered bad injuries and are still young.
The number next to the players' name is their age.

The list is a few days old, so some players may have retired, or signed with a team by now.

Ramon Castro, 36
Johnny Damon 38
Ross Gload 35
Mike Gonzalez 33
Vladimir Guerrero 37
Rich Harden 30
Jeremy Hermida 28
Jason Kendall 37
Derrek Lee 36
Damaso Marte 37
Hideki Matsui 37
Aaron Miles 35
Sergio Mitre 31
Xavier Nady 33
Magglio Ordonez 38
Roy Oswalt 34
Horacio Ramirez 32
Edgar Renteria 36
Arthur Rhodes 42
Ivan Rodriguez 40
Miguel Tejada 37
Javier Vazquez 35
Brandon Webb 32
Chris Young 32

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
Greg Cleveland said:
Still think the Twins could squeeze a little more cash out and sign Oswalt. Just to show the Tigers, Chisox--and the fans--that they aren't going to roll over and die this year.

THANK YOU! I'm glad someone else agrees with me.

Obviously I'm behind. I thought Pudge retired a couple years back. :benson:

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I'm surprised the Pirates didn't jump at the chance to bring D Lee back. He hit pretty well for them in 100 at bats last year. I mean who do they have playing 1B this year? Garrett Jones?

ugafan247

Jul 15, 2011
I hope Damon gets resigned. He would provide any team with a worthwhile back up, and could easily start for MULTIPLE teams in the MLB

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
MLBTradeRumors.com has reported that the Blue Jays "had interest in" Vladimir Guerrero or Magglio Ordonez, but any move would involve a minor league contract and the player needing to earn a roster spot. I don't think either Vlad or Maggs would sign a minor league deal with no guarantee of making the big squad.

Roger's Sportsnet Connected today aired the story and showed a clip of Guerrero hitting a homerun last season. Man oh man, he looked like Kirk Gibson in the 1988 World Series rounding the bases. A far cry from his Expos days! I was going to make a comment about him being an old man, but he's the same age as me!

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/toronto_b ... index.html

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I think everyone is assuming that Oswalt is going to St. Louis about mid-season or so.

Webb is close to being ready to work out and I think someone will give Rhodes a shot soon.

As an A's fan, I will always wonder how good Harden could have been without all the injuries... :(

robboshow

Aug 7, 2008
Western Maryland
markakis8 said:
I'm surprised the Pirates didn't jump at the chance to bring D Lee back. He hit pretty well for them in 100 at bats last year. I mean who do they have playing 1B this year? Garrett Jones?

They did try to sign him, even offering him arbitration. He wants to sign with a contender.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts