Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

(Field of Dreams) Mall of America

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
Okay, my girlfriend just informed me that she is taking me up to the Mall of America for the weekend. I have been there before, but it has been several years. I see there is a store called Field of Dreams that I assume is a sport themed business. I am not so much into cards anymore, but would love to pick up some antique/vintage baseball memorbilia...maybe even something new that screams "buy me!"

My questions are, is this going to be an overpriced store that will just be a waste of time, or is it worth it to try and schedule a stop there? Is it a card store with no memorbilia/collectibles? Is it only Twins/Vikings/Timberwolves/etc? Are there any stores in the area that would better suit my wants? We will be staying in Bloomington at the Park Plaza if that helps.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Mostly extremely overpriced memorabilia. Very little cards typically and again over priced. Worth gonig in to she the stuff they have

TwinGnats

May 25, 2010
Fridley, MN
It's the retail of retail in terms of prices, but I always go in because there is some cool stuff to look at. I just would never buy anything.

The two shops I go to are not close but not too far (north metro)

Tom Frantzen - 2559 Highway 10 NE, Mounds View, MN 55112 (shop has been around for 5 years or so)
Pals - 14025 Round Lake Blvd, Andover, MN (New Shop)

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
+1 for what everyone is saying..

I know that when I had a business trip about 10 years ago there, a bunch of us did the Silcon Nascar.. Not sure if it's still there..

Also, while you are at the Mall, check out the old Metropolitan Homeplate and the seat Harmon Killebrew hit with the longest HR in Metropolitan Park History..

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
There is a shop that is about a 10 minute drive from the MOA, Uncommon Sportscards

http://yellowpages.aol.com/business/mn/ ... ille%2C+MN

Store can tend to be disorganized, but its the closest to the MOA

There is one more I just thought of, pretty much like Uncommon, tend to be disorganized, but its someplace to go and look around if you want. About 20-25 min drive from MOA

Here is one more, never been here, but looks well organized, might have to make a stop out there.

http://www.billyssportstreasures.com/

Final one, not really a "card shop", but they do have all kinds of Minnesota stuff, cards included, FanHQ. If you are a hockey fan at all, Matt Cullen of the Wild will be there tomorrow from 3-4 PM signing for free (donation to his charity encouraged). Good store all around.

http://fanhqstore.com/

What the hell, one more just in case you go to FanHQ, this is just around the road from them

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
As for the OP, they have some shoppes in Vegas too, that do OK, and their stuff is neat to look at, but man, the prices are WAY too high.

I would check their site to see if they have a signing though.

Also IMO the framing, which is kind of their Niche (and also hopelessly over-priced), doesn't even look that good to me anyway.

And, unless they've changed recently, no wax or singles...

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
gt2590 said:
And, unless they've changed recently, no wax or singles...

The store at the MOA always had singles (grossly overpriced) but never any wax

Fun to window shop, never a chance in hell I would buy though :lol:

Feb 9, 2012
Check out the college locker room store, not sure on the name of it, but on the lower level, a lot of cool college themed apparel and random stuff there.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
They have singles, but some are madly overpriced. I picked up a 1970 Topps common there for $1 and that was about the best deal I saw.

They do have packs, like 3 for a dollar, but they are all junk wax of course.

It's cool if you want to go look around and see what stuff they have, but I think a lot of it is overpriced.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Billy's = lowest priced wax in the Cities, but highest priced singles. Billy is a good dude to talk with, though.

Field of Dreams is incredibly overpriced, but fun to walk through.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
There is a store in Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg as well.

Went there for an Andre Dawson signing before the HOF induction, and he was $29 any item.

They had signed balls in a display case marked $129... ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

They also had one of those rotating cases of singles. Had some $5 scrub autos marked $50 bucks... :lol:

lawhs89

Apr 3, 2011
Going to MOA Thursday myself. Sure I will take a quick walk through the store. Was worried about the weather when I scheduled the trip a month ago, but it's going to be in the upper 60's in mid-March!

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I always make sure to take a look through the Field of Dreams store when I'm out there, but I've never purchased a single thing from there. They actually do have a small wax and single pack selection in the front area of the store. It's by the register in a little counter area. It's over priced as well though.

Members online