Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Though its not baseball, here is an example of not knowing the market:

Example 1 -
    https://m.ebay.com/itm/1997-98-Skybox...004?nav=SEARCH

Example 2 -
    https://m.ebay.com/itm/1997-98-Skybox...381?nav=SEARCH

Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the $5 was a little overpriced myself. LOL WOW. It surprises me that people don't do just a little bit of research to figure it out. Doesn't take much

deliciousbacon666
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdallas View Post
    I think the $5 was a little overpriced myself. LOL WOW. It surprises me that people don't do just a little bit of research to figure it out. Doesn't take much
    I picked up a Larry Johnson PMG a few years back for $1 at a show, ended up selling it for around $200.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedi...tal-1622711267

Too many dealers and sellers have no idea what they're doing. Trying to sell junk for way too much, or missing obvious high-dollar cards like PMGs or Credentials.
    I'm DelBacon on Sportlots, tons of great cards!

1K+ Club - Top Player Collections: 1. Glaus: 2132 - 2. Rolen: 1714 - 3. Thome: 1689- 4. Helton: 1602 - 5. Garciaparra: 1538 - 6. D. Ortiz: 1415 - 7. L. Walker: 1357 - 8. R. Palmeiro: 1328 - 9. A. Beltre: 1176 - 10. Edmonds: 1123 - 11. Biggio: 1110 - 12. Konerko: 1042

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It should be over priced at $5. But older basketball inserts and lower numbered stuff sells well. Hence why I do not collect Stackhouse as much as I once did. There is no Stackhouse card I'd be willing to pay that much for. I watched a precious metal gems go for $300 and some change a while back. Insanity!
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell all day every day!
    Current Jeff Bagwell count: 4,637 different cards!
    Also collecting Jerry Stackhouse! 751 different cards!
    Also collecting Jack Lambert and football players from all Texas colleges!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chris19978 View Post
    All I can say is wow I had 2 of these a while ago but that's just a crazy price the one before sold for $270.00 now $515.00. Makes me think about listing my Griffey Rainbow again. I will wait to see what his Silver and Gold sell for though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-Leaf-Steel-Derek-Jeter-Steel-Silver-Promo-Sample-/111985020398?hash=item1a12d3cdee%3Ag%3A1VYAAOSwZSF XJtB0&nma=true&si=AS0ZmtjogW9jsT43QDHMoHxKQAA%253D &orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
    So now I am curious, I was able to pick this up for a good price.... I think based on the Jeter sale. But why does the Jeter sell for so much more than the Griffey?? Are there way more Griffey's?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/111991225366...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So now I am curious, I was able to pick this up for a good price.... I think based on the Jeter sale. But why does the Jeter sell for so much more than the Griffey?? Are there way more Griffey's?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/111991225366?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageNa me=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

They the same print run just might not be as sought out as much as Jeter or all the major Griffey collector's already own this card. But $16.00 for both was a good deal seeing the gold sold for $7.00 alone and I have seen it sell for more. I am sure I could draw some interest listing my Griffey rainbow. But I couldn't let it go on auction knowing what I paid for the Bronze.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/111991225366?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageNa me=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    I personally don't think we can use that high end, overpriced Jeter as a good comparison for other players. I've sold multiples of basically every player in the set, gold & silver, and Jeter was way above any of those sales. I'm not saying it can't regularly bring $100 but they aren't that rare. They are tough, but not impossible. $500 should be for the impossible types in my eyes. A few years ago, there were multiple sellers dumping silver samples over and over. I picked up a bunch of the Clark at the time but could have had a lot of the players. I still think you got a decent buy on the Griffey lot though. I've sold them individually between $15 and $30 6 or 7 times.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkfan View Post
    I personally don't think we can use that high end, overpriced Jeter as a good comparison for other players. I've sold multiples of basically every player in the set, gold & silver, and Jeter was way above any of those sales. I'm not saying it can't regularly bring $100 but they aren't that rare. They are tough, but not impossible. $500 should be for the impossible types in my eyes. A few years ago, there were multiple sellers dumping silver samples over and over. I picked up a bunch of the Clark at the time but could have had a lot of the players. I still think you got a decent buy on the Griffey lot though. I've sold them individually between $15 and $30 6 or 7 times.

I was pretty surprised to see the Jeter sell for that amount. I don't know enough about these to really have an opinion that is supported but just based on what I HAVE seen on these promos $500 seems like Vizquelian price!!! LOL

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was pretty surprised to see the Jeter sell for that amount. I don't know enough about these to really have an opinion that is supported but just based on what I HAVE seen on these promos $500 seems like Vizquelian price!!! LOL
    I would say Vizquelian is spot on. We should start using that term, I like it

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkfan View Post
    I would say Vizquelian is spot on. We should start using that term, I like it
    Does seem fitting huh. LOL.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Puckett sold more than Griffey is what was surprising to me if you look at recent sales of the Silver Promo's quite a few people sold for more than Griffey and these were just the Silver and not both Gold and Silver.

Puckett $43.75
    Thomas $32.65
    Ripken $23.51
    Nomo $24.95

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chris19978 View Post
    Puckett sold more than Griffey is what was surprising to me if you look at recent sales of the Silver Promo's quite a few people sold for more than Griffey and these were just the Silver and not both Gold and Silver.

Puckett $43.75
    Thomas $32.65
    Ripken $23.51
    Nomo $24.95
    The Puckett guys might weigh in on the matter more intelligently than me, but I would say Puckett outsells Griffey the majority of the time. Even though they don't overlap in many releases, Puckett had and still has some of the most loyal fans in the hobby. Sort of like Will Clark. I've sold Puckett easily for years.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think there's much of a demand/following for these two particular promos in the Griffey circles - they are not difficult to come by/appear for sale on a regular basis and I have not seen either demand high $$ amounts. I could be wrong; however, I haven't seen any evidence that would suggest otherwise.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tidel144 View Post
    I don't think there's much of a demand/following for these two particular promos in the Griffey circles - they are not difficult to come by/appear for sale on a regular basis and I have not seen either demand high $$ amounts. I could be wrong; however, I haven't seen any evidence that would suggest otherwise.

It seems most of the silver promos can be had for less than 10 Bucks, which makes me wonder why the Jeter sold for so much. The most recent one is an anomaly as far as being 500+ but supposedly others have sold for a few hundred which is just strange to me. I am telling you, card prices these days just confuse the hell out of me. I get the timing, supply and demand, etc. But it is a hobby that can be baffling sometimes.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On those too low prices, it goes to show that you shouldn't use a BIN and asking to have one added is a red flag but fun if you are the one finding them