Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Young Superstars Bat W/ Griffey, Sheffield etc - Any info?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
I had never seen / heard of this signed bat until recently:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Young-Superstar ... vi-content

I picked one up recently in great shape for less than $200, but am curious as to what the story is with them. I don't ever remember them having been offered back in 89/90 , and am not sure who produced them or anything else. It seems a bit too early for some QVC / SAH type item, but does seem like something that ScoreBoard might have produced. Does anyone remember them or have any more information?

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
The grouping may seem a bit odd, but it would be akin to a bat signed by Jason Heyward, Eric Hosmer, Michael Pineda, Craig Kimbrel, Jeremy Hellickson, Freddie Freeman, etc., (get a bunch of good rookies from a 2 year period and get them to sign a bat). The inclusion of Grissom, DeShields, and Maas makes me think it was done in 1990 rather than 89 (hence my inclusion of Heyward in the list above).

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
I am wondering if it was something associated with these sets....
$(KGrHqJHJE4E88eURK8EBPVq3FhDeg~~60_58.JPG

I remember opening these as a kid but I can't recall if there were any mail in promotions associated with them.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
That bat is like a who's who of 1990 Baseball prospecting.

I have one of those young superstars sets posted above as well, lol.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009

Members online

Latest posts