Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wow ... 2005 TC Kemp Red Xfractor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marterburn

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Topps-Chro ... 2318a306b1

These rarely come up for sale (not sure about the other key players, but definitely Kemp). There was a thread about this several months ago, that being proper market value for the 2005 Red Xfractors, obviously for me the one to figure out was the Kemp.

Well... the answer is apparently $340 for a BGS 9.5. Hefty premium for the grade for sure, but there are 11 of them in the BGS pop report. Would $200 for a raw copy be out of the question, seeing this?

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
I think its possible 200$ but that may be a tad high. Man that makes me sick....I sold that seller all my red xfractors and looks like alot of them gemmed.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
I really like the set as well. I think $200 raw may be a slight bit too high as I would expect any nice Kemp from that set to be in either a PSA or BGS holder by now and would almost treat a raw copy of that card as if it were an "8" at best.

nborton - I agree on the Verlander sale. Probably left a hundred or more on the table by selling prior to spring training or start of regular season.

And finally, I can't comment on this set without showing off just a little. :D
Verlander-2005ToppsChromeRedXfr95.jpg

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
My favorite recent set. Both my guys have cards in it.

The 2 Zimmerman's I've seen sold on ebay were for $80 (BO by me) and around 120 months later at auction.

Someone on here bought a full or partial set a few months back and was piecing it out. Not sure what he got for the Zimmerman that time.

Based on the 2 I saw sold (they were a couple years ago), I'd say $200 isn't out of the realm of possibility for a Kemp. Maybe on the high end, but I wouldn't be surprised.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
UMich92 said:
I really like the set as well. I think $200 raw may be a slight bit too high as I would expect any nice Kemp from that set to be in either a PSA or BGS holder by now and would almost treat a raw copy of that card as if it were an "8" at best.

nborton - I agree on the Verlander sale. Probably left a hundred or more on the table by selling prior to spring training or start of regular season.

And finally, I can't comment on this set without showing off just a little. :D
Verlander-2005ToppsChromeRedXfr95.jpg

I was thinking the same range. About a hundred or so. In most years there is a big gap in price between BC and TC autos. In 05 it's almost non-existent for some guys. Verlander base autos are about the same price. In a strange way they were the set that year that had all the big autos. McCutchen, Bruce, Verlander, etc. were all in TC, but BC didn't have Cutch or Bruce.

I miss 05, it was a great year for products. Lots of good stuff was available.

Hollywood

Jan 30, 2010
Sweet! I've got the Kemp # 27/65 jersey # but it's only bgs 9. Paid 40 something for it a looong time ago.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Yeah, I'm the guy who posted about obtaining an almost full set (minus a few cards) of the TCU Reds a few months back. Since then, I've been tracking them quite frequently. I'm actually pretty surprised at how well this Kemp 9.5 sold. I'd have guessed in the $250 range. This set is absolutely AMAZING looking in person, though, and rarely pop up, so when they do sell via BIN/BO (not so much auction), they sell pretty well.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Mudcatsfan said:
nborton said:
I've always liked 05 TC. It was on par that year as far as autos and RCs with BC. Underrated set.

Check out this Red Xfractor sale. Oddly, I think he could have gotten a little more.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Justin-Verl...=US_Baseball&hash=item19cbb11636#ht_500wt_741

That card sold for alllllllllllllllot more than that last year. If anyone has that ebay history search thingie, i'd love to know what the number was. It was alllllllllllllot more than 7 hundo.

Yep, that's true. Part of the reason why I think there was more left. Not last years numbers left, but still more.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
RZimm11 said:
My favorite recent set. Both my guys have cards in it.

The 2 Zimmerman's I've seen sold on ebay were for $80 (BO by me) and around 120 months later at auction.

Someone on here bought a full or partial set a few months back and was piecing it out. Not sure what he got for the Zimmerman that time.

Based on the 2 I saw sold (they were a couple years ago), I'd say $200 isn't out of the realm of possibility for a Kemp. Maybe on the high end, but I wouldn't be surprised.

It was ColtsFan23. I bought the Zimm and Kemp from him... got them to keep but I may sell after seeing that number.

Members online

Latest posts