Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Easiest and/or cheapest Topps vintage set to collect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
If you like the 60s, the 1965 set has a lot of nice RCs, but not ones that are SO expensive:

Joe Morgan HOF
Phil Niekro HOF
Tony Perez HOF
Steve Carlton HOF
Catfish Hunter HOF

plus
Tug McGraw
Luis Tiant
Cesar Tovar
Denny McLain
Bert Campaneris
Davey Johnson

Let me talk you out of the 1972 set. The high numbers can be really tough to find. A lot of the high numbers from the Topps sets are tough, but 1972 as just always seemed harder for people.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
if your talking very cheap and very easy....
1964 Topps Giant
1968 Topps Game
1969 Topps Deckle Edge
...and 2 of them have a Mantle too

30 years ago I would build these sets, and then resell them at shows, easy.

Id recommend getting a fairly large group to start with (maybe 50%), then pick up the remainder cards singly

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Weimer said:
I think the 1961 Fleer set is fugly. No offense to you for wanting to collect it. Everyone likes what they like, but I could never see myself collecting that set.

...no offense taken :D ......I actually like the colors, the content and the affordability of this set. I think I only have the Ted at this time.

Good luck with whatever you decide. I put together the '56 and '58 Topps sets and both look great. I'd say whatever you pick, you'll have a blast putting it together.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I'm working on 1971 and 1975 right now, two of my favorite sets of all time. Years ago I had a near-complete set of 1971 high numbers, including most of the SPs, and I really miss them. Managed to grab a few nice condition 71 Hi SPs for $1 each at a local, and commons from both years can be bought in bulk for less than 10¢ each. It's hard to beat the 1975 set for iconic RCs (Brett, Yount, Carter, Rice).

braves1047

Feb 3, 2010
I would say the 54 set is a pretty easy one to put together. You have 3 big rookies tho, Banks, Aaron, and Kaline. You also have 2 Ted Williams in the first and last card of the set. I am currently working on the set and it is only 250 cards. The only down side is that the three big rookies and the Ted's are kinda expensive even in poor condition and there is no Mick in the set. Just my 2 cents

Latest posts