Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Buckeyes fans--We need a change, so Boeckman or Pryor?

Start Boeckman, Pryor or QB by committee?

• Start Todd Boeckman?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Start Terrelle Pryor?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
I feel that for the last 2 seasons now, Todd Boeckman continues to prove that he is mediocre at best. I know that Terrelle Pryor is only a freshman, but he's big at 6'6" 235 lbs., has a great arm, and his ability to run is a obviously nice surplus. He can ONLY get better with more playing time.

And his resume includes:

USA Today player of year ... 4,238 career rushing yards and 4,340 career passing yards, a first in the state of Pennsylvania ... Parade All-America player of year ... 1,899 rushing and 1,889 passing yards as a senior, accounting for 58 TD ... MVP of U.S. Army All-American Bowl and Maxwell Award ... EA Sports All-America ... Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and Pittsburgh Tribune-Review player of the year as a junior and senior ... three year all-state ... Big 33 ... top-ranked prep prospect by Scout, Rivals, PrepStar, Superprep, PrepNation.

So what do you think. Should Boeckman continue to start? Should Pryor get the start next week? Or should we continue to go with QB by committee?

With that said, I know Tressel has his loyalty to his seniors, BUT, what a TOTAL EMBARRASSMENT tonight. We were beaten soundly in every facet of the game tonight. When we did have opportunities, we shot ourselves in the foot. I give all the credit in the world to USC and they proved that they are truly deserving if the #1 ranked team in the country, and I'm not taking anything away from them at all. Then the final straw was to PUNT the ball with 1:24 left in the game. WHAT was that about? Not that we would have scored a TD, but at least give us that chance Tressel. Don't get me wrong. I like Tressel and I like him a lot. He has a great track record with the Buckeyes so far during his tenure, especially with 3 BCS championship games in the last 6 years, but we have to change something. We need an offensive spark to keep the defense in the game.

Lastly, if our National TV exposure continues to show embarrassing losses like this in the big games, (last 2 BCS championship games and tonights obviously) our team will not continue to draw as many of the top HS players in the country as we have been. I think we need that change at the quarterback position. It's not the remedy or the magical cure, but I think it's the best medicine we could use right now to help stop the bleeding. And getting Wells back at some point would add to our ability to regain some respect, which at this point, is now virtually non-existent.

P.S. Anyone can vote or add they're thoughts here if you wish, not just OSU fans.

wlalocal71

Aug 7, 2008
SoCal
I don't understand why OSU started passing so much after they had some success on their second drive of the game, where Herron and Pryor were gashing the SC defense. After that drive, USC scored pretty quickly, and it seemed like OSU panicked a little and started throwing the ball a lot more.

Once that happened, SC's pass rush took over, and started creating turnovers.

The Buckeyes should have tried to control the clock by running the rock, and keeping SC's defense on the field.

mikekarlovec

Aug 7, 2008
Hobbs, NM
the O had a swagger when Pryor was in the game but they were entirely 1 dimentional whem beokman was in there. let us see what the kid can do for a full game

crowhop

Aug 8, 2008
Bedford Falls
They aren't as bad as they looked. People love to bash the Buckeyes, but I'd still take them over Missouri (5), Texas (7), Wisconsin (8), Alabama (9), Auburn (10), Texas Tech (11), South Florida (12). Those are the rankings in the AP Poll.

In the USA Today poll, I'd pick them ahead of BYU (11) and Oregon (12).

If I were a Buckeye fan, the thing that would bother me most is the lack of playmakers on offense. How do they recruit so well for so long and only have one guy on the team that can 'make' a TD happen?

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
cgilmo said:
Randy Shields said:
*Booomp*

Down to #13, which is more like it. Now, how do we move back up?

Eventually, you will have to face the fact that your team is not as good as you think.

I knew this from the get go, as I've eluded to, and knew we were not a #3 team. Heck, I knew we weren't a Top 10 team. But we do have a LOT of talent, and I think we could make an improvement on this extremely lackluster start. I'm just curious, as per the poll, if the QB situation should change and would that give us a viable boost.

tide12champrings

Aug 8, 2008
Gulf Shores
crowhop said:
They aren't as bad as they looked. People love to bash the Buckeyes, but I'd still take them over Missouri (5), Texas (7), Wisconsin (8), Alabama (9), Auburn (10), Texas Tech (11), South Florida (12). Those are the rankings in the AP Poll.

If I were a Buckeye fan, the thing that would bother me most is the lack of playmakers on offense. How do they recruit so well for so long and only have one guy on the team that can 'make' a TD happen?

They get bashed for a reason. I bet you took them over both Florida and LSU in the last two NT games. OSU is overrated and have a weak ass schedule, every year. Like I've said in the past, OSU would get pounded in the SEC.

tide12champrings

Aug 8, 2008
Gulf Shores
crowhop said:

I'm willing to bet the TIDE would spank that ass all over the field on both sides of the ball.

madman1978

I saw the highlights of their game today against Troy
a team they should have CRUSHED
Pryor played OK IMO 10/16 for 135 yards
If thats a beast or stud player then the bar has been lowered a great deal

They appear to be easy picking against some of the other Ten 10 teams

Members online