Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Unexpected Joy from a Blaster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Many times when I'm visiting other cities I'll check the local Target/Walmart/etc to see what they have in their cards section. This past week I stopped at a Walmart and ended up with a blaster of Leaf Draft as it advertised 2 autos per box and I've like the look of the cards I've seen online. In the first few packs I pulled RG3 and Blackmon and the first auto (nothing special).

LeafDraft-BobbyMassie.jpg

Ended up with doubles of RG3, Blackmon, Weeden, and Kahlil. Figured not bad but still hoped for a decent player from the second auto. Well other than pulling one of the top guys, I couldn't have been happier.

LeafDraft-MikeMartin.jpg

Obviously I could have easily purchased one for less than $10. But pulling an auto of one of my favorite players, especially one from my alma mater, was worth so much more in joy and excitement than purchasing the single card.

Anyone else have similar expereinces of unexpected joy?

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
I don't pull PC cards from blasters very often, but I do know it's pretty nice when I pull a card that someone I know collects. Its good to know someone will appreciate it, rather than it sitting in a box up on a shelf.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Thanks guys. It's rare but I've hit a few nice Verlanders but most of the hits haven't been for the PC. Definitely nice to snag something for the PC.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Pulled a Colt McCoy auto from one of those 2010 donruss rated rookies boxes for $19.99 at Walmart. I was mainly buying the thing for the set and noticed it came with an auto. Boy was I happy. If there was any auto I wanted to pull from any 2010 product, it was Colt's! Was even happier to find out it was sp'd to /25.

Latest posts