Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Leaf Originals Wrestling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardcop05

Nov 15, 2018
NYC
cool, will be fun speculating what colors are really sp for each guy.

I thought this would be one of the biggest hit Certified Autograph products for 2012. But as soon as I received the first card I ever saw (a Hulk Hogan Yellow Alternate Autograph /50 that I won for $37 on eBay) and saw that these cards have NO STANDARD AUTOGRAPH AUTHENTICITY STATEMENT anywhere on the cards I knew it would kill the interest in these cards. I returned the Hulk Hogan to the eBay seller with the NO AUTHENTICITY explanation (which he agreed with when he fully read the card back). Once Leaf goes out of business, these will not be considered Certified Autographs AT ALL! Many think that now! Almost all autographs were selling for $3-$5 each on eBay 6-months after release because of the reason above. The $5 autos were popular 1980's wrestlers like- Hillbilly Jim, Jim Neidhart, Bob Backlund, Brutus Beefcake, Ivan Koloff and many, many more.
I wrote BG and as usual he took no responsibility whatsoever, just like he took no responsibility for the 2011 Leaf Metal NFL Draft autos all fading to practically nothing (even if stored in a dry/dark place like mine were since 2011) yet he admitted to knowingly changing the type of foilboard for 2012 NFL Draft autos. I told him it's his responsibility to provide replacements for anyone asking for them. He refused to do that. BG is nothing but a narcissistic jerk. He even made fun of my physical disabilities and said "F--- You" several times when I never used such language with him.

Now enough time has passed that the undereducated collectors (ages 14-30) are buying some of these these NO AUTOGRAPH AUTHENTICITY 2012 Leaf Wrestling autographed cards for far more than they are worth. This is the generation that had no Price Guide but the new Beckett Media who never had a clue what they were doing and tried to redump everything they bought just three years (2005-2008) after they bought everything (with no hobby interest!).

They still haven't figured out that getting rid of most of their educational articles caused their subscriptions to plummet. Then they took away all the older cards from every Price Guide in every sport??? That's just plain stupidity. At least keep the key Certified Autograph insert cards (the most popular things in the whole hobby!) from every set/product. It was bad enough that they raised ALL of their guides to $9.99 each (cover price), but then they get rid of the reasons we all bought the Price Guides every month and still haven't fixed anything still???

James

Last edited:

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
I thought this would be one of the biggest hit Certified Autograph products for 2012. But as soon as I received the first card I ever saw (a Hulk Hogan Yellow Alternate Autograph /50 that I won for $37 on eBay) and saw that these cards have NO STANDARD AUTOGRAPH AUTHENTICITY STATEMENT anywhere on the cards I knew it would kill the interest in these cards. I returned the Hulk Hogan to the eBay seller with the NO AUTHENTICITY explanation (which he agreed with when he fully read the card back). Once Leaf goes out of business, these will not be considered Certified Autographs AT ALL! Many think that now! Almost all autographs were selling for $3-$5 each on eBay 6-months after release because of the reason above. The $5 autos were popular 1980's wrestlers like- Hillbilly Jim, Jim Neidhart, Bob Backlund, Brutus Beefcake, Ivan Koloff and many, many more.
I wrote BG and as usual he took no responsibility whatsoever, just like he took no responsibility for the 2011 Leaf Metal NFL Draft autos all fading to practically nothing (even if stored in a dry/dark place like mine were since 2011) yet he admitted to knowingly changing the type of foilboard for 2012 NFL Draft autos. I told him it's his responsibility to provide replacements for anyone asking for them. He refused to do that. BG is nothing but a narcissistic jerk. He even made fun of my physical disabilities and said "F--- You" several times when I never used such language with him.

Now enough time has passed that the undereducated collectors (ages 14-30) are buying some of these these NO AUTOGRAPH AUTHENTICITY 2012 Leaf Wrestling autographed cards for far more than they are worth. This is the generation that had no Price Guide but the new Beckett Media who never had a clue what they were doing and tried to redump everything they bought just three years (2005-2008) after they bought everything (with no hobby interest!).

They still haven't figured out that getting rid of most of their educational articles caused their subscriptions to plummet. Then they took away all the older cards from every Price Guide in every sport??? That's just plain stupidity. At least keep the key Certified Autograph insert cards (the most popular things in the whole hobby!) from every set/product. It was bad enough that they raised ALL of their guides to $9.99 each (cover price), but then they get rid of the reasons we all bought the Price Guides every month and still haven't fixed anything still???

James

IMG_2870.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
1. Once Leaf goes out of business,

2. I wrote BG and as usual he took no responsibility whatsoever,

3. BG is nothing but a narcissistic jerk. He even made fun of my physical disabilities and said "F--- You" several times when I never used such language with him.

1. Can’t happen soon enough.

2. He never takes responsibility for anything.

3. As I’ve said 9 million times, BG is the biggest scumbag in the entire collecting community. He always has been, and he always will be.

Anyone who supports him by buying his third-rate products are gullible morons.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States

James

I’m only going to say this once then I will lay off.

You’re an idiot and if you called me with that **** I’d probably curse you out too.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008

James

Cardcop,

With all respect (of which you deserve none but i will give nonethless as you are a human being), you sent me over 100 emails of harassment with insults, personal attacks, incoherent ranting, false accusations, false statements of self promotion on your behalf and emails full of general foolishness. When someone harasses me like a stalker including numerous personal attacks, I will give myself the latitude to hurl "GO F*&^ yourself". In retrospect, I should have let you keep rambling and just go hide in a corner until such time as you finally realize that you are lost in the 1990's and clueless on the current market and no one really wants to hear you babble unless it is merely for entertainment purposes (like watching real housewives).

On this particular set, for the 50th time, yes..... authentication copy was not included on the back of these cards (in error)..... HOWEVER, EVERY CARD in this release is signed. The cards do not exist unsigned.For this reason, no damage exists as there is no possibility of fakes entering market by someone signing base versions.

I understand you have a physical disability and I will emphatically make clear I would NEVER insult someone for this reason. ANY anger I showed to you is based on your behavior as a lunatic, stalker and irrational individual.

I have always answered any question about of products with complete candor and honesty. You dont have to love me, but this fact is unarguable.

Best wishes for comfort, CardCop,... try to relax and make lemonade from lemons...
Brian Gray

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Cardcop,

With all respect (of which you deserve none but i will give nonethless as you are a human being), you sent me over 100 emails of harassment with insults, personal attacks, incoherent ranting, false accusations, false statements of self promotion on your behalf and emails full of general foolishness. When someone harasses me like a stalker including numerous personal attacks, I will give myself the latitude to hurl "GO F*&^ yourself". In retrospect, I should have let you keep rambling and just go hide in a corner until such time as you finally realize that you are lost in the 1990's and clueless on the current market and no one really wants to hear you babble unless it is merely for entertainment purposes (like watching real housewives).

On this particular set, for the 50th time, yes..... authentication copy was not included on the back of these cards (in error)..... HOWEVER, EVERY CARD in this release is signed. The cards do not exist unsigned.For this reason, no damage exists as there is no possibility of fakes entering market by someone signing base versions.

I understand you have a physical disability and I will emphatically make clear I would NEVER insult someone for this reason. ANY anger I showed to you is based on your behavior as a lunatic, stalker and irrational individual.

I have always answered any question about of products with complete candor and honesty. You dont have to love me, but this fact is unarguable.

Best wishes for comfort, CardCop,... try to relax and make lemonade from lemons...
Brian Gray

^
#FakeNews

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
1. Can’t happen soon enough.

2. He never takes responsibility for anything.

3. As I’ve said 9 million times, BG is the biggest scumbag in the entire collecting community. He always has been, and he always will be.

Anyone who supports him by buying his third-rate products are gullible morons.

Mario (aka Sam Banks),
Thanks for the completely unbiased commentary you so kindly provided....

1> at over $20 mil a year in sales and record profitability in 2018, I sincerely doubt your dream of our demise will come to pass. You may get lucky and Leaf may be acquired in the coming year or so...

2> We have taken responsibility for any mistakes we might have made over the last 10 years. The fact that you make a statement like this shows your extreme bias and general cluelessness on our day to day operations and customer service.

3> You are so cute when you hurl "scumbag" like a young kid hiding behind a keyboard anonymously. Why dont you post your hobby resume to show that you actually have some basis for your expertise. Short of that, you are a troll who is fearful of speaking out as yourself. In that event, hiding behind the keyboard as a video game character is likely very prudent and worthy of some respect for good judgment.

For everyone else, I apologize to stooping to the level of these "people", but at some point someone has to call out people who say ignorant things.

Thanks for the support of the rest of you have helped us grow our company to what we are today. I amin awe of your loyalty and will continue to fight to bring you the best products with real value for the hard earned money you spend.

BG

Last edited:

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Mario (aka Sam Banks),
Thanks for the completely unbiased commentary you so kindly provided....

1> at over $20 mil a year in sales and record profitability in 2018, I sincerely doubt your dream of our demise will come to pass. You may get lucky and Leaf may be acquired in the coming year or so...

2> We have taken responsibility for any mistakes we might have made over the last 10 years. The fact that you make a statement like this shows your extreme bias and general cluelessness on our day to day operations and customer service.

3> You are so cute when you hurl "scumbag" like a young kid hiding behind a keyboard anonymously. Why dont you post your hobby resume to show that you actually have some basis for your expertise. Short of that, you are a troll who is fearful of speaking out as yourself. In that event, hiding behind the keyboard as a video game character is likely very prudent and worthy of some respect for good judgment.

For everyone else, I apologize to stooping to the level of these "people", but at some point someone has to call out people who say ignorant things.

Thanks for the support of the rest of you have helped us grow our company to what we are today. I amin awe of your loyalty and will continue to fight to bring you the best products with real value for the hard earned money you spend.

BG

Hey BG, not trying to hijack a thread, but I remember a couple of years back I had found the Leaf online memorabilia store with signed baseballs, etc. Is this still a thing? The only reason I ask is because I'm unable to find it now

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Cardcop,

Brian Gray

BG, are there any plans for another round of Leaf Originals Wrestling? These are the only wrestling cards I have ever purchased, and I would love to add more to my collection.

Members online

Latest posts