Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone know bigboydsportscards3 on eBay? SHILL alert?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Just curious if anyone has delt with or knows bigboydsportscards2 on eBay?

This guy or shop has more than 160,000 feedback with a 99.9% feedback score BUT I've watched a few of his auction and most recently the 1/1 auto for Albert Belle and I'm calling SHILL. I don't know as much as some of you when it comes to spotting guys but the top bidder now has 1,325 bids in the last 30 days (across 1,299 items) and 97% are with this seller! Tell me if you think I'm missing something here but this smells and looks like a SHILL to me?

Thanks for hearing my rant...

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Been known as a suspected shiller for many years now. I won't buy from him (even BINs) or bid on any of his items. There have been many examples shown on this board and old BMB of his shills. Im sure if you "search" a bit on here you'll find a few old threads.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
I have bought fom him a bunch of times without a problem - but others have accused him of shilling several times in the past. He claims he has several customers who only buy from him, so who knows. I guess I would suggest that if you are uncomfortable with it, don't bid. Kind of hard on a 1/1 though because you will never get another chance at that card.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Definite shiller and they should be reported, I still buy from them, but know I am paying 20% over, when someone bids 29.99 you know that is a good hint.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
I've heard the shilling rumors. I've also bought from this seller, I think it may happen on some cards, but not on others, mostly the big ticket items.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Well at least I know I'm not alone...

To the point about "never seeing the card again" it is funny because although I agree with you, this card actually sold on eBay a few weeks ago and actually can still be found in completed listings. It sold for $138 + s/h from a different seller. I'm just all sorts of confused with this auction? Never seen a 10 day Belle auction get run up so fast in price... 7 days left, 11 bids and already over $50 lol.... o well, I'll probably pass on this one if it gets too shaddy

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I think what he is saying is that if you really want to win an item you would bid a little over a whole dollar, not just below it. That does seem suspicious to me as well.

Agree... no one bids $29.99 or $9.99 on an auction, you would rather bid $30.05 or $10.10 or something over the whole dollar amount... IMO

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I think what he is saying is that if you really want to win an item you would bid a little over a whole dollar, not just below it. That does seem suspicious to me as well.

He actually runs a card shop not too far from you (if you are in fact from Northern Kentucky). He has a shop in Mason, OH.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I feel like winning one of his auctions and after I get the card in hand, leaving him negative feedback and just claiming he shilled the auction :twisted:

Members online

Latest posts