Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who are the best fighters without a title?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Figured this might be something to jumpstart the MMA boards again since the move. Looking for names that haven't yet had an opportunity at a title fight. I think Rennan Barao is a name that leaps to mind for me as someone that could potentially be a great champion.

seanho2309

Aug 11, 2008
Cibolo, TX
Barao might be getting an interim title shot against Faber since Cruz tore his ACL. Michael "Mayday" McDonald and Dustin Poirier also look pretty solid.

On a side note it would be nice to get this Forum jump started again.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Barao might be getting an interim title shot against Faber since Cruz tore his ACL. Michael "Mayday" McDonald and Dustin Poirier also look pretty solid.

On a side note it would be nice to get this Forum jump started again.

I heard that just after I started this thread. Poirier looks awesome too. I would be happy seeing any of those three but would prefer Barao vs Faber.

Etanju

Jun 28, 2010
I really wish this forum would get jump started again too. I miss talking MMA with knowlegable people. BUT to answer your question, I think Porier is a stud who with a win on Tuesday moves right into the #1 contender slot.

I think Cormier could come over to the UFC and make some noise.

But the one guy who I think deserves a shot and deserves it sooner rather then later is Jake Ellenberger. His only loss is to the interim champ Carlos Condit, and he as reeled off 6 wins since then. If he beats Kampmann (which I have no doubt he will) then he needs to be the #1 contender. I still think Hendricks needs 1 more fight before he jumps in the #1 contender slot.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I've enjoyed every Ellenberger fight, would like to see him in a title bout as well.
I really wish this forum would get jump started again too. I miss talking MMA with knowlegable people. BUT to answer your question, I think Porier is a stud who with a win on Tuesday moves right into the #1 contender slot.

But the one guy who I think deserves a shot and deserves it sooner rather then later is Jake Ellenberger. His only loss is to the interim champ Carlos Condit, and he as reeled off 6 wins since then. If he beats Kampmann (which I have no doubt he will) then he needs to be the #1 contender. I still think Hendricks needs 1 more fight before he jumps in the #1 contender slot.

seanho2309

Aug 11, 2008
Cibolo, TX

Jake Ellenberger's only loss is to the interim champ Carlos Condit, and he as reeled off 6 wins since then. .

I couldn't agree more, and IMO he beat Condit. I think he is going to destroy Kampmann.

Members online

Latest posts