Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FS 2000 Star Ledger Yankees world series set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I bought a complete set just for my player and have the rest of the Yankees team available. I scanned all of the big names but have the rest of the guys on the roster available as well if you don't see them here. please add $1 for shipping (toploader in PWE) or $2 for bubble mailer.

starledger001.jpg

Jeter SOLD
Williams SOLD
Posada $2
ONeill $2
Rivera $3
Martinez $2

starledger002.jpg

Gooden $1
Justice (slight tear near perforation on back) $1
Torre $1
Pettitte $1

Last edited:

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Keith there is a clemens but I am waiting to hear back from Jeff on it first.. if I don't hear anything we will get a deal done for it

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
I've never seen these before, but I'm interested in the posada. But could you possibly give me a little more info on these? How were these distributed, is there an estimated print run, etc.? Thanks :)

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I have no idea what the print run was as it was made for the newspaper distribution. the sheet was definately bigger than a folded newspaper so I don't know how they inserted it. I had never seen these until recently and the person who was selling them had multiple copies of the complete sheets. as with most oddball cards of this nature people probably just threw them away for all I know. If they were real common I would see them all the time but I've only seen the couple sheets and singles the same seller had available.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Just wanted to update the whole set is sale pending on another site. I kept the Posada for you Matsuicollector since you showed interest.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks! Send me your paypal addy please and I'll take the posada. You wouldn't happen to have any other posada stuff lying around would you? I also found a little blurb about these on beckett. Don't know if you ran across it or not.

"These small cards were sent as part of perforated sheets to only people who sold the Newark Star Ledger. The fronts have a color photo of the player with his name and position on the bottom. The backs have some biographical information, stats from 2000 and some personal information. Since these cards are unnumbered, we have sequenced them in alphabetical order"

Seems like they gave one to each seller rather than inserting them in to newspapers for the public?

Latest posts