User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do 1998 Pacific Online Winners Exist for All Players?

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZOR-Z View Post
    Guilty. I had photoshopped the foil from a KGJ I had seen. The photo was used on my want list that I had published for awhile. The pic still lives on in my buddy's photobucket. I have never seen or heard of a real Canseco. -AJ

Sent from my SKYROCKET
    A dang good photoshop effort too ... looks perfecto!
    Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just bought a box of these cards on ebay a couple weeks ago. I thought it was a pretty plain set, but Pacific cards from that era can provide some nice cards of players on teams you wouldn't expect, such as the Tom Prince Dodger card…which i didn't pull! I noticed that the code cards had different foil as well as having the code printed on back and thought the team leaders were inserts at first, as I only got 4-5 from the box. I got two different Greg Maddux poses with the same card number and thought I had something sweet until I looked it up and saw they did dual poses for a number of players and neither seem to be that hard to get.. I also noticed that the codes were printed on both sides of cards, some on the left, some on the right. Could be a potential "variation" for player collectors if any exist with codes printed on different sides of the card on different cards. I didn't try the website either..I assumed it was long gone. it would be fun if it still worked and told you if you pulled a winner.

Michael Cramer may be able to shed some light if he ever wandered onto the site.

Ended up getting another box and also another lot of about 60 loose packs too for some future budget ripping.

AstroBag5
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you happen to pull this Bagwell Gold, i need the one with the code in the upper right...

Does anyone know if there were gold versions of the Team Checklist cards? I have only seen base silver and red...

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ASTROBURN View Post
    If you happen to pull this Bagwell Gold, i need the one with the code in the upper right...

Does anyone know if there were gold versions of the Team Checklist cards? I have only seen base silver and red...
    Yes...

https://m.ebay.com/itm/1998-PACIFIC-O...125?nav=SEARCH
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

AstroBag5
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And i wonder if its like the others, with two different code locations. As if finding the gold checklist was hard enough. Now i gotta (supposedly) locate two!

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And i wonder if its like the others, with two different code locations. As if finding the gold checklist was hard enough. Now i gotta (supposedly) locate two!
    Not sure if the CL had codes...???

Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

AstroBag5
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    Not sure if the CL had codes...???

Ryan
    i just checked comc. They have codes. Gonna check more and see if they are in different locations.

AstroBag5
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update... They do. Most were top right, but i just saw a derrek lee with lower left. So, two more cards!

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update... They do. Most were top right, but i just saw a derrek lee with lower left. So, two more cards!
    Good luck sir! Lets each find our players Winner card too

Ryan

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to confirm - the only versions with codes on the back are gold foil versions, right? Has anyone seen a player's card with code on the left and the right? What about a gold with no code? Red/silver with code?
    Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!

AstroBag5
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mouschi View Post
    Just to confirm - the only versions with codes on the back are gold foil versions, right? Has anyone seen a player's card with code on the left and the right? What about a gold with no code? Red/silver with code?
    only seen the codes on the gold foils, and only one code. never seen a pair on one single card.

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    only seen the codes on the gold foils, and only one code. never seen a pair on one single card.
    What I meant to say is, are there players out there that have codes on the left and cards out there with codes on the right?

deliciousbacon666
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I meant to say is, are there players out there that have codes on the left and cards out there with codes on the right?
    Oh yes.

I'm DelBacon on Sportlots, tons of great cards!

1K+ Club - Top Player Collections: 1. Glaus: 2132 - 2. Rolen: 1714 - 3. Thome: 1689- 4. Helton: 1602 - 5. Garciaparra: 1538 - 6. D. Ortiz: 1415 - 7. L. Walker: 1357 - 8. R. Palmeiro: 1328 - 9. A. Beltre: 1176 - 10. Edmonds: 1123 - 11. Biggio: 1110 - 12. Konerko: 1042

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeliciousBacon View Post
    Oh yes.

Do golds also come w/out any code on the back?

AstroBag5
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do golds also come w/out any code on the back?
    Not that i have seen

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast