Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do 1998 Pacific Online Winners Exist for All Players?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-16 at 1.47.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-16 at 1.47.26 PM.png
    160.8 KB · Views: 326

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Another thread led me to this one. I enjoyed reading it. I knew these things were rare, but never realized they were THIS rare. Seems they could be the rarest of all 90's "inserts".

Right now COMC has the Piazza team checklist card #494 for sale, at the bargain basement price of $689. For some reason nobody's picked that one up yet.

Anyone have other new cards to add to this checklist?

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Known checklist so far. Taken from previous pages in this thread, plus a couple others listed by [MENTION=8906]RStadlerASU22[/MENTION] in another thread:

https://www.freedomcardboard.com/fo...90-s-Inserts-3/page1192?p=2417785#post2417785

Juan Gonzalez Team Checklist
Ken Griffey Jr.
Roger Clemens
Wade Boggs
Barry Bonds
Andy Stankiewicz
Rey Sanchez
Jason Dickson
Andruw Jones
Scott Kamieniecki
Mike Piazza Team Checklist
Tood Ritchie
Mike Maddux
Rey Sanchez
Mark Wolters
Roger Clemens Team Checklist
Matt Mieske
Chad Ogea
Terry Pendleton
Ugeth Urbina
Jeff Nelson
Mark McGwire Team Checklist
Mike Caruso
Jack Voigt
Rich Garces
Roger Clemens
Allen Watson
Danny Bautista

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I guess I kind of enjoy seeing nutcases that have grand delusions about value, as long as they are not holding something I want hostage. $500+ for a Meiske card that is likely a 1/1, but still no more rare than a printer plate 1/1. Meiske himself probably wouldn't pay $50 if he collected his own cards and wanted one! There is a difference after all, between rare and desirable...

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
If there was a mieske super collector out there this would have to be the holy Grail, still 584. If I ever saw a Wakefield I'd be prepared to spend but there's no way I could go that high

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
$585 for a commom. That's nutz. The seller is in California and has been smoking to much weed! They must sell some good smoke out there.

Dec 4, 2008
Thanks for resurrecting this thread. I posted this In another thread a month or two ago but I have a near master set of web cards - both left and right codes and selling for reasonable prices. I put a couple dozen up on eBay recently and they did quite well. Always happy to sell cheap to FCB friends!

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Wow. I should set a notification for online winners on ebay. I don't care if it's Chad Ogea, I'd love to have just one example for my collection.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Wow. I should set a notification for online winners on ebay. I don't care if it's Chad Ogea, I'd love to have just one example for my collection.

I owned a random player once. Pretty cool but ended up selling it or trading it in a Belle deal but agree that it is cool to own an insert in an iconic set.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Just saw Terry Pendleton, Ugueth Urbina, Jeff Nelson appear on Ebay. I put in a bid for the Urbina, just to have an example in my collection. Why Urbina? He's the only player with UUU as his initials (see Jim Rome), he was born the same year as me (not sure that's great), and the only player to serve 7 years in prison for attempted murder!

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Just saw Terry Pendleton, Ugueth Urbina, Jeff Nelson appear on Ebay. I put in a bid for the Urbina, just to have an example in my collection. Why Urbina? He's the only player with UUU as his initials (see Jim Rome), he was born the same year as me (not sure that's great), and the only player to serve 7 years in prison for attempted murder!

Is he really the only player to serve for attempted murder? That seems odd that there wasn't someone else...John rocker, or people like him come to mind...

Members online