Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do 1998 Pacific Online Winners Exist for All Players?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
So a guy on the Mark McGwire thread stumbled on the team checklist card in a collection he bought.....! Find of the year for him, if not the decade.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
kaboom! @TonyH hooked me up and now am the proud owner of a card I didn't think existed. What a great day!

f-6264.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
That is the perfect kind of player/card to test the market with, to see how desired these really are despite the player, but a fixed price in excess of $100 for a nobody is just greedy on the part of the seller. Seriously, is there more than 1 possible buyer for this card? Maybe...possibly not. I would call this classic hostage taking. One of the many poisons this hobby suffers from now...

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
That is the perfect kind of player/card to test the market with, to see how desired these really are despite the player, but a fixed price in excess of $100 for a nobody is just greedy on the part of the seller. Seriously, is there more than 1 possible buyer for this card? Maybe...possibly not. I would call this classic hostage taking. One of the many poisons this hobby suffers from now...
I don't disagree but if a wakefield is ever listed at that price I won't be able to hit bin fast enough! 😂

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Just updated my "master" list on page 4 of this thread to include the mighty Mike Caruso :) Total now is 23 cards that have been verified to exist by members of this board.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
If it was an A's common I'd probably bite at that price just to say I have one.
You sir are a dedicated modern team collector for sure. I wouldn't pay that for a star Dodger, even a Piazza. If Garvey happened to be in the set, I would probably debate it, but at this stage in my collection, I'd probably pass. 10 Years ago, I'd probably not hesitate to buy though.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I would only pay that for a Darryl Kile. I am a Team Collector of the Astros, but I wouldn't be able to pay that much for Pedro Martinez (the other one) just to have one.

Jtams24

Feb 27, 2021
I recently got my cards from my parents house, and as I’m sorting them I have been looking them up.

I remember winning this as a kid. I was so stoked. I never knew it was super special or anything, and when I was looking up right now I assumed I would find a ton of them.

I made an account just to update y’all’s list.

Attachments

• 805761D9-430F-4148-BD1E-43FFEB2E6B39.jpeg
    805761D9-430F-4148-BD1E-43FFEB2E6B39.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 48
  • BB95C84E-D28A-461D-8C11-F5F1353132DE.jpeg
    BB95C84E-D28A-461D-8C11-F5F1353132DE.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 49

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
I recently got my cards from my parents house, and as I’m sorting them I have been looking them up.

I remember winning this as a kid. I was so stoked. I never knew it was super special or anything, and when I was looking up right now I assumed I would find a ton of them.

I made an account just to update y’all’s list.

Nice!! Hope you find a few more for me and the others here
Looking for O'Neill if it exists. I don't recall ever seeing one.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
This really is the ultimate ghost of 90's sets. With others like Crusades and Mirror Golds and Starting 9s, we know they all exist and we know how many of each there are. With these, nobody has any idea if they even all exist, let alone how many are out there.

If I ever find the one I'm looking for, I think I will have to sleep with it under my pillow.

Jtams24

Feb 27, 2021
Ooh, no, I only have this one. I redeemed it with my dad in 98. What I meant by I thought I would find a ton of them I meant I thought there would be a ton all over eBay and stuff.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Apparently I'm willing to pay $115 for this card if you ever feel like getting rid of it.
Either I missed something said earlier or this is a very odd way of making an offer. If I had that card, you would be the new owner in a heartbeat at $115 if that is a legit offer! I might have offered something like that for sale for a buck or two even, had I not known any better. Everyone likes money, but I am not sure I would feel good asking that kind of money for one if I had it. I just don't get the draw, especially for a common. Even marked 1/1s sell for under $10 sometimes. I do know your dedication to A's cards, so I see it more for you than most, but still...$115? Seriously?

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Either I missed something said earlier or this is a very odd way of making an offer. If I had that card, you would be the new owner in a heartbeat at $115 if that is a legit offer! I might have offered something like that for sale for a buck or two even, had I not known any better. Everyone likes money, but I am not sure I would feel good asking that kind of money for one if I had it. I just don't get the draw, especially for a common. Even marked 1/1s sell for under $10 sometimes. I do know your dedication to A's cards, so I see it more for you than most, but still...$115? Seriously?

That's how much the Mike Caruso single that was listed up thread is listed for on eBay and he said he'd likely pay that just to have an A's players, even if it was a common.

Members online

Latest posts