Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Congratulations Rich! That's great. One Ripken set is awesome. Two is really impressive. There just aren't many Ripken Teks out there. None on Sportlots, 1 on ebay for $18 shipped. Do you have 2 sets of any of the Red Sox players? I am toying with the idea of doing a second Thome Tek set. But I need to get closer to finishing the 1st set before I do that.

rinkrat38

Oct 14, 2012
South Deerfield, Mass.
Congratulations Rich! That's great. One Ripken set is awesome. Two is really impressive. There just aren't many Ripken Teks out there. None on Sportlots, 1 on ebay for $18 shipped. Do you have 2 sets of any of the Red Sox players? I am toying with the idea of doing a second Thome Tek set. But I need to get closer to finishing the 1st set before I do that.

I've had two sets of Pedro 1998 Teks since before I finished the set of 8100 in 2004, one for the master 1998 Tek set and one for my Pedro collection. Collecting Pedro started it all. Also helped my son finish a second set of Mo Vaughn 1998 Teks for his Mo collection. That was it 'til I got bored after our Thanksgiving blizzard that started off our winter this past year. Gets slow at work for me heading into the holidays too. Picked six players I had a bunch of extras of and decided to try to finish second sets of McGwire, Jeter, Clemens, Andruw Jones, Griffey, and Ripken. Surprised myself finishing the Ripken set first. Still need 20 of the Big Macs, + 4 Jeters, 4 Clemens, 3 Andruws, and 5 Griffeys.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
I've had two sets of Pedro 1998 Teks since before I finished the set of 8100 in 2004, one for the master 1998 Tek set and one for my Pedro collection. Collecting Pedro started it all. Also helped my son finish a second set of Mo Vaughn 1998 Teks for his Mo collection. That was it 'til I got bored after our Thanksgiving blizzard that started off our winter this past year. Gets slow at work for me heading into the holidays too. Picked six players I had a bunch of extras of and decided to try to finish second sets of McGwire, Jeter, Clemens, Andruw Jones, Griffey, and Ripken. Surprised myself finishing the Ripken set first. Still need 20 of the Big Macs, + 4 Jeters, 4 Clemens, 3 Andruws, and 5 Griffeys.

Yeah, seems like you would get 3 Andruw Jones cards before 9 Ripken cards. But that's one of the fun and exciting things about collecting, you never know what's going to be available next. There must be several A. Jones collectors out there. I've got A. Jones pattern #30 available for trade if you need it. Let me know.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Bump from pg. 3 to pg. 1 Tek collectors, wake up, smell the coffee, check your boxes, send us your lists. 120 Tek auctions end on Ebay today. Good luck!

Need these Thome Teks: 4, 16, 17, 22, 24, 34, 42, 44, 52, 54, 59, 63, 83, 90.
Thanks for looking!

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Bump from pg. 3 to pg. 1 Tek collectors, wake up, smell the coffee, check your boxes, send us your lists. 120 Tek auctions end on Ebay today. Good luck!

Need these Thome Teks: 4, 16, 17, 22, 24, 34, 42, 44, 52, 54, 59, 63, 83, 90.
Thanks for looking!

There's actually a Buhner I need, but I'm too cheap to pay the $3 shipping. Plus, it looks like I'd have competition as there is already a bid.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
There's actually a Buhner I need, but I'm too cheap to pay the $3 shipping. Plus, it looks like I'd have competition as there is already a bid.

Yeah, $3 shipping for one Tek card is a little too high for me too. I got my last 2 Thome Tek's cards for$1.97 each (free shipping). Might be more Buhner Tek collectors out there than Thome Tek collectors. But I'm not complaining.:p

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
I am still a good ways for the Jeter Topps Tecks I would say the closer I get the more I would be willing to pay as well. But right now $8.00 each is about the price I will pay if you have more than 1 I would be willing to pay a little more. I should see if anyone's interested in the nine 1998 Topps Tek Diffractors Arod cards I own seem like a good time to sell with his milestones coming up.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Yes I bought them seemed like the right time as I have seen lesser players sell for so much more and there prices seems to have jumped in the last few years. I bought my one and only Jeter for $5.00 buy it now probably 5 years ago passed on a few that sold for $30.00 a year later and now they go for well over $100.00 with Arod approaching 3000 hits and 2000 RBI's I should be able to make a little bit of money on them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

shadowking86

May 13, 2014
The Ebay auctions that ended last week included two Sandy Alomar Jr. cards I needed. I also picked up a couple more that Don sent to me. I now need just 13 more Sandy Alomar Jr. cards.

Here is my needs list:
8, 11, 13, 14, 21, 27, 54, 55, 71, 78, 83, 84, 86

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Congrats. Good job, you are getting close. I wrote down the last 13 cards you need and will keep an eye out for them. I'm guessing pattern #27 will be a tough one to get, but you never know. Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts