Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Pretty sweet! More boxes are up for $140 now... 4 boxes it looks like

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Not any more ;) yeah it cost me $5 /box more when I delayed the first time. But that break look like its going to fill fast.
Depending in what I decide (open, resell, group break) I may offer another style if break by single players

Ryan

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston
I think he had several cases of the 1998 TEKs but I cant confirm this but Ive been told this by someone who said he knows.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I think he had several cases of the 1998 TEKs but I cant confirm this but Ive been told this by someone who said he knows.

I asked this the other day. I think someone is stashing this stuff away to control supply.

---

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I'd be down for breaking up spot 7 if anyone else wants to. I'd be in for Frank, I know we have active Belle, Piazza, Olerud, Erstad and Glaus collectors here.

And Molitor sells pretty good....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-Topps-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Can we get a thread going so we can see the structure, cost, what's left, etc?

I clearly am eyeing Belle but not sure I'll drop $150 for the rights. I need like 12 patterns and the diffractors.

---

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Yeah, I'll work on getting the thread up later this morning

Great. I'm clearly late to the game for this box break, etc. but it's probably better to move it into a thread and off this thread.

Nice spot on the boxes by the way. Regardless if I'm in or not, can't wait to watch.

---

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I asked this the other day. I think someone is stashing this stuff away to control supply.

Yeah, I was thinking of that - how you just brought that up the other day. In this case, though, it's pretty clear that while they were stashing it they clearly were not purposely doing anything market-related like controlling supply as evidenced by their unsure pricing. They sold their first three for $130 (probably based on ended listings), their next six for $135, their next three for $140... Had they been tracking sales they would have known that these can sell upwards of $185 dlvd as we saw on a couple boxes last year.

togaman's comments make me wonder how many of these things they actually have! Also awesome that Ryan got some for his HUGE old school group break series.

rinkrat38

Oct 14, 2012
South Deerfield, Mass.
One of the reasons I participated in RustyGreerFan's group break was I was dying of curiosity about what those boxes looked like. I picked up the first three '98 Tek boxes offered from that same source last Tuesday, and broke the boxes over the weekend. I don't have the time, inclination, or camera equipment to do a group break so did my own break. (Might have picked up more if the seller didn't pick the night of a Bruins playoff game, double overtime no less! First box I opened was also a "hot box".) Here's the diffractor results from my three boxes:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
One of the reasons I participated in RustyGreerFan's group break was I was dying of curiosity about what those boxes looked like. I picked up the first three '98 Tek boxes offered from that same source last Tuesday, and broke the boxes over the weekend. I don't have the time, inclination, or camera equipment to do a group break so did my own break. (Might have picked up more if the seller didn't pick the night of a Bruins playoff game, double overtime no less! First box I opened was also a "hot box".) Here's the diffractor results from my three boxes:

No way, you got a hot box too! Wow, congrats! I don't think your list of diffractors came through the post, let us know!

rinkrat38

Oct 14, 2012
South Deerfield, Mass.
Three box rinkrat '98 Tek break

Box 1-- 14 diffractors, Box 2--4 diffractors, Box 3--3 diffractors. Box 1--Frank p. 16, * McGwire p. 28, A. Jones p. 68, Ventura p. 3, * O'Neill p. 53, * Delgado p. 30, * Kendall p. 80, Molitor p. 24, Juan Gone p. 44, R. Alomar p. 34, * Edgar Martinez p. 81, * Grace p. 44, Mussina p. 22, McCracken p. 69. Box 2--Justice p. 3, Palmeiro p. 33, Glaus p. 44, * Manny p. 36. Box 3--(all dupes to me) * B. Williams p. 79, * Kotsay p. 45, * Mo Vaughn p. 1. The diffractors preceded by an asterisk * are duplicates to me that are available for trade. 11 of the 21 diffractors in the 3 boxes were new to me.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Box 1-- 14 diffractors, Box 2--4 diffractors, Box 3--3 diffractors. Box 1--Frank p. 16, * McGwire p. 28, A. Jones p. 68, Ventura p. 3, * O'Neill p. 53, * Delgado p. 30, * Kendall p. 80, Molitor p. 24, Juan Gone p. 44, R. Alomar p. 34, * Edgar Martinez p. 81, * Grace p. 44, Mussina p. 22, McCracken p. 69. Box 2--Justice p. 3, Palmeiro p. 33, Glaus p. 44, * Manny p. 36. Box 3--(all dupes to me) * B. Williams p. 79, * Kotsay p. 45, * Mo Vaughn p. 1. The diffractors preceded by an asterisk * are duplicates to me that are available for trade. 11 of the 21 diffractors in the 3 boxes were new to me.
:eek:

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC

Holy smokes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That box was WAYYYY hotter than our hot box!

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston
Richard any regular pattern# 1 TEKs or Same Card# Pattern TEKs in those boxes?