Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
You have my address, just send those Konerko Diffractors my way! ;)

699c1e6a.jpg

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I thought this listing was interesting... a Vladi card not worth very much and the Diffractor is the "throw-in." :mrgreen:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-Bowman-VLADIMIR-GUERERRO-Psa-8-With-1998-Topps-TEK-VLAD-/130755585883?pt=US_Autographed_Trading_Cards&hash=item1e71a3e75b

This one was easy for treasure hunters to sniff out thanks to the graded card saying "Diffractor" even though the seller did not include that in the title.

Here's another set that went for about $40:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-topps-tek-baseball-complet-90-card-set-/180959314637?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item2a220402cd

And there's another set currently listed that already has a bid at the starting price of $40.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
W@W! This Jeter shows up this morning and I offer $40. He comes back with $55 and I reject. It ends up selling for the full asking price of $75! That's as much as the Ripken PSA 10, but I guess that's the power of Jeter right now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Derek-Jeter-1998-Topps-Tek-DIFFRACTOR-Parallel-14-Pattern-13-Rare-/261094335031?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item3cca6f6237

I wouldn't of paid $55 but I could of told you that is around where it would sell and it would be at a price you could flip for a little profit. His stuff is SO hot and these damn diffractors are rare to just about all player collectors.

Speaking of which, I saw a Belle spike on the beckett marketplace for $5, and I hit the buy-it now as quickly as I could. Card showed up this week and it wasn't a diffractor... and it wasn't even a pattern I needed for the base. Good news is the shop just refunded the entire amount and told me to keep the card. Wish I needed the pattern lol.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I wouldn't of paid $55 but I could of told you that is around where it would sell and it would be at a price you could flip for a little profit. His stuff is SO hot and these damn diffractors are rare to just about all player collectors.

Speaking of which, I saw a Belle spike on the beckett marketplace for $5, and I hit the buy-it now as quickly as I could. Card showed up this week and it wasn't a diffractor... and it wasn't even a pattern I needed for the base. Good news is the shop just refunded the entire amount and told me to keep the card. Wish I needed the pattern lol.

I wouldn't sweat that, after fees it wouldn't be worth the trouble.How many more patterns do you need?

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I thought this listing was interesting... a Vladi card not worth very much and the Diffractor is the "throw-in." :mrgreen:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-Bowman-VLADIMIR-GUERERRO-Psa-8-With-1998-Topps-TEK-VLAD-/130755585883?pt=US_Autographed_Trading_Cards&hash=item1e71a3e75b

This one was easy for treasure hunters to sniff out thanks to the graded card saying "Diffractor" even though the seller did not include that in the title.

Here's another set that went for about $40:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-topps-tek-baseball-complet-90-card-set-/180959314637?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item2a220402cd

And there's another set currently listed that already has a bid at the starting price of $40.

$17 for Guerrero Diffractor is right on par, no?Doesn't seem that great of a deal.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Yeah, that's about right for a Vladi. A BIN sold for $25 a couple months ago. I think that listing shows that people are on the lookout for Diffractors. Of course, it was pretty easy to spot in this instance.

Pattern 63

attachment.php

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
^^^ Man you're cruising the diffractors... how many different you up to now, both players and all together cards? If you're going for the set, I have a Belle and Konerko

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Man, I don't know how you keep finding these things! I still don't have a single Larkin diffractor and it's not because I'm not willing to pay for them. I just never see them. Your collection is getting quite extensive!

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I am having a lot of fun with it. I sometimes say that when you collect Rusty Greer you have to find other ways to enjoy the hobby. Working on the 1997 Score Reserve Collection set and treasure hunting for Diffractors has been really fun, and unlike Rusty, they hold some value in case I need to make some quick sales.

If it makes you feel any better, I have not seen Larkin either! Just about everyone but!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I am having a lot of fun with it. I sometimes say that when you collect Rusty Greer you have to find other ways to enjoy the hobby. Working on the 1997 Score Reserve Collection set and treasure hunting for Diffractors has been really fun, and unlike Rusty, they hold some value in case I need to make some quick sales.

If it makes you feel any better, I have not seen Larkin either! Just about everyone but!

Topps just needs to reintroduce Greer to the hobby and then your side hobby gigs will quickly come to an end... trust me... Belle getting reintroduced in 2011 changed everything lol

On another note, those two side hobby deals you have going are excellent. I'm surprised COMCs doesn't have more tek cards because you'd think those would be in these huge boxes they probably get from people to sell and sort through.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Awesome - got this today on COMC for high book.... $15 :mrgreen:

2c5d68d1-e98d-4007-a88a-7376b48cf94d.jpg

I had actually searched some of the recent listings and noticed some base Tek. So just for the heck of it I searched for Diffractors and there is was. Dumb luck.

Members online

No members online now.