Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Completing the 90 card set of your player (Belle for me) is incredible but then you really realize that acquiring diffractors is probably less than 1 per year, if that. Where are all these things hiding?! Curious if there will be any of this kind of stuff at National... probably not lol

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Completing the 90 card set of your player (Belle for me) is incredible but then you really realize that acquiring diffractors is probably less than 1 per year, if that. Where are all these things hiding?! Curious if there will be any of this kind of stuff at National... probably not lol

I hope to find out!

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston
Dec 4, 2008
That looks like a common 1998 Topps TEK card of Erstad to me from picture you have link of .

eBay links to completed auctions now default to a current listing that matches similar search terms. It is a stupid idea. There is a small hyperlink at the top that says “see original listing”. You will see it is clearly a Diffractor. DelBacon for the win! Always fun to find one cheap. Congrats.

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston
eBay links to completed auctions now default to a current listing that matches similar search terms. It is a stupid idea. There is a small hyperlink at the top that says “see original listing”. You will see it is clearly a Diffractor. DelBacon for the win! Always fun to find one cheap. Congrats.

Cheap to me is a buck

rinkrat38

Oct 14, 2012
South Deerfield, Mass.
1998 Tek Collectors,

Thank you to everyone who has picked up close to 1000 cards in the past couple of weeks.

All of my remaining duplicate '98 Teks have been spoken for.

Rich

Last edited:

rinkrat38

Oct 14, 2012
South Deerfield, Mass.
In addition to the 98 Teks, I have a very large Pedro Martinez collection through 2004 when he left the Red Sox. I have never been tempted to pay extra for a pattern 45 Pedro card. I also see Pedro cards numbered something like 45/100 referred to as 1/1 cards. That's a joke to me. I also won't pay a premium for slabbed Pedro cards or Teks. I see slabbed 98 Teks with water spots, ink spots, refractor lines, shadowed portraits, blurred pattern numbers, and the classic: base cards labeled diffractors.

Rich

Members online