Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
That's surprising Konerko is that cheap.Always thought he was underrated.Now I don't feel so bad getting rejected for $10 or so on the Jordan Diffractor.Seller just wants too much, and I just don't want it that badly.

I love the fact that Konerko is underrated and undervalued, helps me get more of his stuff cheaper. I'm thrilled to add a Diffractor to my Konerko collection, now if only I can get some Glaus Diffractors, then I'll be a happy man!

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I always wonder about those hand-collated sets. Did the person that collated it know the difference between base and Diffractors? This guy is selling his third set, and I swear the Dante in the 2nd photo looks like it could be a Diffractor...

I just ordered a set this weekend from a website that may not be reputable... crossing my fingers.

wlalocal71

Aug 7, 2008
SoCal
Picked up about half a box of 98 Tek from the LCS along with a few packs of 98 Gold label...highlights from the gold label were a class 2 Greg Vaughn red label /50, and class 3 black label Mark Grace and Bagwell cards..., 5 diffractors in about 16 packs in the tek, 2 in one pack.

Here's what I pulled...no Dodgers. :(

Alomardiffractor.jpg

Ramirezdiffractor.jpg

ONeilldiffractor.jpg

Bellediffractor.jpg

Gracediffractor.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
^^^ WHOAAAAAA buddy, hell of a break in such few packs... fire me a PM if you're looking to move the Belle (and any Belle base patterns you pulled for Belle) ;)

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Picked up about half a box of 98 Tek from the LCS along with a few packs of 98 Gold label...highlights from the gold label were a class 2 Greg Vaughn red label /50, and class 3 black label Mark Grace and Bagwell cards..., 5 diffractors in about 16 packs in the tek, 2 in one pack.

Here's what I pulled...no Dodgers. :(

Alomardiffractor.jpg

Ramirezdiffractor.jpg

ONeilldiffractor.jpg

Bellediffractor.jpg

Gracediffractor.jpg

Any Cardinals out of the break?

wlalocal71

Aug 7, 2008
SoCal
^^^ WHOAAAAAA buddy, hell of a break in such few packs... fire me a PM if you're looking to move the Belle (and any Belle base patterns you pulled for Belle) ;)

Thanks man, the tek packs were HTA, which is why I think I had a pretty nice break. Unfortunately, I didn't pull any Belle base in the Tek, I did get a class 3 Belle in the Gold Label though, LMK if you need it as well..

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Just a base Lankford (pattern 24), base McGwire and Jordan (both pattern 78). Pulled a Lankford class 3 and a class one black from the Gold Label packs. If you need any of them, LMK.

I can use all of them.I also sent a PM to you awhile back about some '90s Cardinals inserts you had, but never heard back.You collect Mondesi and Karros, right?

wlalocal71

Aug 7, 2008
SoCal
I can use all of them.I also sent a PM to you awhile back about some '90s Cardinals inserts you had, but never heard back.You collect Mondesi and Karros, right?

Yeah, pretty much any Dodgers, but main PC guy is Mondesi. I'll check my PMs and get with you later tonight, off to the bar to watch MNF..:)

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Thanks man, the tek packs were HTA, which is why I think I had a pretty nice break. Unfortunately, I didn't pull any Belle base in the Tek, I did get a class 3 Belle in the Gold Label though, LMK if you need it as well..

I looked and don't need the '98 Gold Label Class three but am curious what the pattern is on the Belle diffractor. Just sent you a PM, thanks.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

PM sent... I'm interested in the Belle diffractor... LMK either way if it is available, thanks!

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Congrats - That is always nice to find so many in one spot. I picked up about 25 from togaman back in January and I was thrilled. Now if I could just find someone that has 30 diffractor patterns!..... or just one on second thought :)

13 copies just came in! SO lucky to find one single guy who had them all!

B5D9CD0D-0F8C-400D-8D51-C5CD3C619694-410-00000019E8ECC02A_zpse3c8db43.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Congrats - That is always nice to find so many in one spot. I picked up about 25 from togaman back in January and I was thrilled. Now if I could just find someone that has 30 diffractor patterns!..... or just one on second thought :)

Thanks! I keep telling myself my days of picking up 10+ Belles all at once that I need are over but I guess not :)

Anyways, yea there are a lot of master set collectors out there and if you come across one and have something they need, you're golden.

Just did this for 1999 Tek. I have the last base pattern (notice not in sig anymore) and TWO Belle golds incoming and it is because I had a number of base he needed for his master set. Yeaaaa buddyyyyy

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts