Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rolling Brett Butler collection thread: Marlins game-worn uniform 8-10-16

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Very cool card. Your Butler collection is one of my favorites and I look forward to your maildays.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
It's been quite a while since I've had occasion to update this thread. The Topps Vault finally released something worth going after: 1997 Finest Match Print photos.

From the auction description: "... original color correction match print photo created and used to produce this player's baseball card." The photos also came with their original file cards, which is the first time I've ever had those included.

Photo for the front and the resulting card:

toppsvaultFinest97MatchPrint_F197.jpg
finest97peeled_F197.jpg

Back picture and resulting card:

toppsvaultFinest97MatchPrint_B197.jpg
finest97peeled_B197.jpg

And the envelopes:

toppsvaultFinest97Envelope_F197.jpg

toppsvaultFinest97Envelope_B197.jpg

Mark70Z

Mar 26, 2011
Those are GREAT looking additions. The colors on those pictures are so vibrant! Also, really like that they come with the envelopes as well; would make for a very nice display.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Another cool mailday from the Vault. This one is a mask film negative (magenta) from 1983.

Topps83magenta4-colormaskneg_F364.jpg

Mark70Z

Mar 26, 2011
I think the mask film negatives are pretty cool, even though all of them look black. I have a couple of Brooks' mask negatives from different sets after his retirement. Just be careful on these, I had to take one out of the holder that Topps puts it in; the negative started to stick to the plastic and I'm sure if I left it in there it would have damaged the item.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Good idea for sure. I always take TV items out of their holders and penny sleeve 'em.

Last edited:

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Items have been popping up pretty regularly over the past several weeks, so time for an update.

Back in 2012 or so, I picked up this mask film negative for his 1986 Topps Super card - this one was used for the yellow tones in the final card.
ToppsSuper86masknegyellow.jpg

A few weeks ago, the mask negative for the magenta tone showed up. Just need cyan and black for the set.
ToppsSuper86masknegred.jpg

I picked these up soon after.

1985 Topps cyan/magenta and cyan/yellow proofs
Topps85cyanmagenta.JPG
Topps85cyanyellow.jpg

They go nicely with the blackless and black/white proofs I have had for several years.
Topps85blackless.jpg
Topps85blackwhite.jpg

I won these at the same time as the 1985 proofs - 1994 Stadium Club black/cyan and black/magenta proofs.
Stadium94TVblackcyan.jpg
Stadium94TVblackmagenta.jpg

Last up is this 1992 Topps mask film negative that was used for the yellow tone.
Topps92masknegyellow.jpg

I reached out to Tanner a couple weeks ago about the possibility of using the mask negatives to create additional 'proof' cards. They would have a note on the blank back designating them as after-market creations, but would have the same look as the other solo color proofs I've landed from time to time. Just have to get him some high quality scans and then make a decision on his quote.

Last edited:

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I love your updates on this thread. I missed the "Color Corrections" post in April. Those are awesome! I regret not grabbing those TSC proofs for my O'Neill collection. Seeing you guys show them off reminds me who I let them pass without bidding. I'm trying to be picky with the vault stuff because it's never ending but cards that bring me back like those TSC cards I can't let slide. Thanks for the posts. Kevin in CT.

Mark70Z

Mar 26, 2011
I think I mentioned it before, or maybe several times, that I really like the proof items. Those mask negatives as well as the progressive proofs are some of my favorite items. I typically like them better than the regular issue cards likely because they are unique.

I only have a couple of the mask negatives and both are of different cards. Can you tell the difference between the tones of the mask negatives?

Great pickups as always; thanks for sharing.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Good stuff, I love some of these types. I missed out on some Clark items recently that went for more than they had been. Went to a 0 feedback guy who must be new to either Clark collecting or Vault stuff.

Ryan

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Pretty significant arrival today: 2015 Miami Marlins road uniform, game worn (as a coach, of course).

Since iPhones take such crappy pictures, these don't really represent the jersey very well. It's pretty darn nice jersey.

TNP777/Brett%20Butler/Uniforms/Miami%20Marlins/IMG_5678.jpg

TNP777/Brett%20Butler/Uniforms/Miami%20Marlins/IMG_5675.jpg

TNP777/Brett%20Butler/Uniforms/Miami%20Marlins/IMG_5676.jpg

TNP777/Brett%20Butler/Uniforms/Miami%20Marlins/IMG_5677.jpg

TNP777/Brett%20Butler/Uniforms/Miami%20Marlins/IMG_5680.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts