Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bat+Ball=One thick custom...booklet style

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

poppudaimadochi

Jul 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
Absolutely stunning. Hands down one of the best cards I have ever seen, period. Don't care it's not licensed; it actually makes it even sweeter because everyone can see the actual time, thought and care you put into it.

I might have to ask for your services for a couple of booklets; have to pinpoint exactly what kind of items, but I'll be contacting you!

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Great work! Love the progression and the photos of the process you shared as well. You do the best stuff, Mike.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Wow, that is just plain nice. Who needs to put up with crappy GU from card companies with stuff like this going down.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Unreal talent Mike!! I cannot even fathom how one does this. Guess you need the skills, equipment, vision and patience that I lack on all fronts.

Musial Collector- How will you display this?

Do either of you have concern about the "spine" being damaged (by repeated opening and closing)? Not that you would do that.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Thanks again for the comments everybody.

In regards to the spines, like anything, continued bending will cause a split. However, the black stock I used for the backing is fairly flexible and durable so it adds a lot to the strength, while being a thin layer.

Also, the wear and tear is minimal opening and closing, where it could really become an issue is folding it repeatedly in the opposite direction - but there is no reason to do that.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Well, it sounds like I'd have a bunch of job opportunities...if everyone here owned a card company. :D

But again, thanks for the compliments on this card, and others I've posted in the past.

Customs truly are how the hobby has evolved for me. Building customs has really been a great blend of multiple interests...autographs, cards, creative, design and production.

One thing is certain as my skills have evolved in the time I've been doing these...it's a far, far cry from the first card I created. Which, for trivia purposes, was for an old friend in Slipknot - a leather piece of his mask that fell off in my apartment that I embedded into a card about 10 years ago.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
seriously dude...your work is 10000% better than what ive seen from topps/ud/panini for these custom cards

cant wait for your next creation.

dave

Members online

Latest posts