Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent Pickups: Big Jeters, the Biggest Greats, Maddux Leaf, and something Super

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Made some big additions to the collection recently. Specifically I'm working on:
• On-card Jeters, especially ones with great eye appeal, and working towards the Legacy Collection set
• Greg Bird stuff, all of it
• the 2000 Greats of the Game autos, of which I now only need Puckett, Heinrich, and 3 of the Memorable Moments
• any Yankees that catch my eye (Mattingly, O'Neil, and the like)

Was not a cheap month. Had a lot of auctions end, so felt I need to retask that cash...

Matches well with the Bowman super :)
081512Adds-2.jpg

Was looking for some Maddux in this lull between retirement and surefire 1st ballot HoF. Got these together for $263!
081512Adds2-1.jpg

Love me some Donnie Ballgame. Mirror blue #4/5
081512Adds-3.jpg

Now for some Jeters:
081512Adds.jpg
081512Adds2.jpg
JeterAuto.jpg
JeterAuto-2.jpg

JeterAuto-3.jpg
JeterAuto-4.jpg
JeterAuto-5.jpg

And now the two biggest dogs from the 2000 GOTG:
JeterAuto-1.jpg
081512Adds-1.jpg

Attachments

• 081512Adds.jpg
    081512Adds.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 33

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Was that 2001 legacy jeter ever supposed to be released. What was the deal with that card. Love all the jeter pickups. nicely done

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Some serious coin there. Congrats on the haul. Really like the Maddux RCs.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Insane! Mind sharing the price on the Schmidt? It's one of the SPs in the set I still don't have...

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Was that 2001 legacy jeter ever supposed to be released. What was the deal with that card. Love all the jeter pickups. nicely done
Thanks. When it comes to a player like Jeter with so many cards out there you have to be pretty disciplined or you're in the poor house. Gotta keep it to mostly on card though I'm always tempted.
I wish I could find more about the Yankee Clippings card but there's really nothing out there. There were two Greats cards of course, both pictured above, but only one listed in Beckett. Now in the 2000 Greats of the Game auto description, they note how there were two different Jeters, one released in 2001 and one in 2004. Perhaps this one is the 2001 and the gold border Greats one is the 2004. You'd think I could find out more... And Beckett's Graded Card Lookup is broken right now so I can't even look this one up, though it seems there were only two graded, the other being 8.5. I was ecstatic to get this one at 9.0 with 10 Auto.

Some serious coin there. Congrats on the haul. Really like the Maddux RCs.
Thanks. Part of my collecting strategy is picking up cards that I both enjoy in terms of player/team so they fit great in the PC, but also cards that could be flipped for a nice payout if necessary. I guess everyone does that, but I probably wouldn't have picked up the Maddux cards at the normal $200+ each.

Insane! Mind sharing the price on the Schmidt? It's one of the SPs in the set I still don't have...
PM'd you back.

The Mattingly LCM is under rated......nice on the Maddux Leaf RCs as well.
Yeah, it's a good looking card. Wasn't even looking for it, but stumbled across it, made a reasonable offer, and BAM, here it is. Decent price on a nice /5 of my favorite player.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Made some big additions to the collection recently. Specifically I'm working on:

And now the two biggest dogs from the 2000 GOTG:
JeterAuto-1.jpg
081512Adds-1.jpg

Dude! You are killing me! Those are two of the three cards that I need to complete my master set :-( Congrats on the great pickups

Tom

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Dude! You are killing me! Those are two of the three cards that I need to complete my master set :-( Congrats on the great pickups

Tom
Haha, sorry. Gotta figure with such a key set from the beginning of the auto set era that these are crazy hard to get. Waited years on both. The Jeter has been available recently. Got lucky in that I got the first one that came up which caused a feeding frenzy on the second. A third was listed that I think is still available out there.

Out of curiosity, what's the third one you need?

Eamon

Jun 16, 2010
I wonder where you got that yankee clippings jeter... hmm... haha glad you have it in hand. Didn't know you were here on FCB... you have no idea how many messages I have gotten about that card since I took it off ebay.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
I wonder where you got that yankee clippings jeter... hmm... haha glad you have it in hand. Didn't know you were here on FCB... you have no idea how many messages I have gotten about that card since I took it off ebay.
Hey, look at that. Thanks again bud. The card really is sharp. Can't believe it got a 9 instead of 9.5. Don't see why on the corners, but with this card, I'm very happy with that condition.

That Maddux Leaf Rookie Card is an absolutely amazing card. EASILY his best rookie, by a mile
With the cheesy 'stach and mullet, you bet. The Leaf cards are tough due to that crappy cutting they had. Always the rough edges, especially on these black border suckers. Keep looking for more, but I won't beat this deal and the cards are going to rocket the closer he gets to induction.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Haha, sorry. Gotta figure with such a key set from the beginning of the auto set era that these are crazy hard to get. Waited years on both. The Jeter has been available recently. Got lucky in that I got the first one that came up which caused a feeding frenzy on the second. A third was listed that I think is still available out there.

Out of curiosity, what's the third one you need?

I also need the Guidry "Cy Young 78" variation. There is one on the bay but it's waaaay overpriced.

Tom

Latest posts