Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Non-Sports Set Ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Brian,

Have you ever considered doing non-sports sets? I think metal editions of TV Shows like the Simpsons, Seinfeld, 24, Lost and others could be huge hits.

Also - you could do random other pop culture sets like have a Metal set totally devoted to Rock and Roll - it just works so well together. You could have living legends (of which there are plenty) and then more rare cut autos of guys like SRV, John Bonham, Keith Moon, Hendrix and so on and so on and so on. Since music has such a huge following I would have to think this would be a huge hit.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
I think a Leaf Pop Century would be a big hit.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
Personally, I would love a Titans of Industry set. Encased autographed $1, $5, $20, and $100 bills from people like Warren Buffett, Carlos Slim, Bill Gates, Phil Knight, Mark Zuckerberg, and Jeff Bezos.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I really wish Leaf would release their own music product. I know ITG just did, but it's quite a bland product.

I am sure there would be a lot of licensing that would go into it, but there would be a lot of possibilities...

-Single Signed
-Band Signed
-Cut Sigs (Single and Band Signed)
-Relics (Shirt, Drumstick, Guitar Pick etc)
-Redemption for Concert Used Items
-Signed Inserts Highlighting Major Concert Moments
-Signed Inserts Highlighting Decades
-Sketch Cards

You could also hold a contest for show tickets or a recording session, or something big like that.

I think it would appeal to card collectors who are also music fans. If done right, it could be huge.

I would also suggest inserting Tom Delonge signatures, because I am having a tough time finding authenticated ones.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I really wish Leaf would release their own music product. I know ITG just did, but it's quite a bland product.

I am sure there would be a lot of licensing that would go into it, but there would be a lot of possibilities...

-Single Signed
-Band Signed
-Cut Sigs (Single and Band Signed)
-Relics (Shirt, Drumstick, Guitar Pick etc)
-Redemption for Concert Used Items
-Signed Inserts Highlighting Major Concert Moments
-Signed Inserts Highlighting Decades
-Sketch Cards

You could also hold a contest for show tickets or a recording session, or something big like that.

I think it would appeal to card collectors who are also music fans. If done right, it could be huge.

I would also suggest inserting Tom Delonge signatures, because I am having a tough time finding authenticated ones.

I been telling BG this for almost 2 years. The ITG came out and stunk to high heaven.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I would LOVE a Leaf music product, but have a terrible feeling they'd F it up with stickers. PLEASE BG, prove me wrong and do an on-card music or rock legends set!

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
I would love some sort of comedians set. Cut autos of Pryor, Carlin, Dangerfield, Giraldo and Hedberg along with living ones like Louis CK, Norton, Kelly, Burr, Ross, Vos, Rogan. Seinfeld autos would be a license to print money. Even expand to comedy radio like O&A, Bob & Tom, Mancow. A Stern auto would probably do well...although I would sell that sucker as fast as I got it in

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
I would LOVE a Leaf music product, but have a terrible feeling they'd F it up with stickers. PLEASE BG, prove me wrong and do an on-card music or rock legends set!

I like the idea.... But have a feeling big names would be impossible on card (and you know I am not scared to go for it if possible).. BG

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
I would love some sort of comedians set. Cut autos of Pryor, Carlin, Dangerfield, Giraldo and Hedberg along with living ones like Louis CK, Norton, Kelly, Burr, Ross, Vos, Rogan. Seinfeld autos would be a license to print money. Even expand to comedy radio like O&A, Bob & Tom, Mancow. A Stern auto would probably do well...although I would sell that sucker as fast as I got it in

Love it!

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012

This would be great!

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Would love to see more autos from broadcasters, writers, owners, gm's put into products. Panini got huge score in getting Vin Skully and Marty Brennaman in Cooperstown.
Topps had Dan Rooney auto in older set. not many of these guys have certs and collectors want them.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I don't know licensing but theres so many hit tv shows from the past which have nothing, or nothing modern.

id think shows like threes company, facts of life, cosby etc etc could not stand alone for one product, but would work in a combined set, like a "best of 80s" loaded with autos & worn items.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
A "Western" themed set would be popular with advanced aged collectors. Even if you couldn't get all the licenses for movies and TV series, there's plenty of actors alone that would sell well for some famous roles. Really I just want some Tombstone and Deadwood cards lol
This is assuming you could get better shots of the actors than typical red carpet appearence photos which kept me away from offerings like Pop Century. The photo is everything and that's where any set idea will have its challenges with popularity

Members online

Latest posts