Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A new level of insanity(food discs)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I had a ton of those when I was little, we had two weis grocery stores in my town. I had a bunch of those and the holsum bread discs too.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
I sold 1 of those '89 Weis Winners discs a couple of years ago for around $100 and I thought it was a nice sale. That's an awesome sale there!!!

Maybe insanity, but I think Puckett guys actually realize the rarity of some of those discs. Some are impossible to find. Try putting up a 1989 Our Own Tea or Key Food of Puckett and see what happens. At least 2 or 3 of the big Puckett guys have the Weis, but I don't think any of them have Our Own Tea or Key Food. I think the sale is a great sale, but not completely crazy. Some collector's ignore those discs, but they shouldn't.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I sold 1 of those '89 Weis Winners discs a couple of years ago for around $100 and I thought it was a nice sale. That's an awesome sale there!!!

Maybe insanity, but I think Puckett guys actually realize the rarity of some of those discs. Some are impossible to find. Try putting up a 1989 Our Own Tea or Key Food of Puckett and see what happens. At least 2 or 3 of the big Puckett guys have the Weis, but I don't think any of them have Our Own Tea or Key Food. I think the sale is a great sale, but not completely crazy. Some collector's ignore those discs, but they shouldn't.

Yeah I have talked with a lot of the bigger Puckett collectors about these and I would agree with you on the Key Food and the Our Own tea discs. I know I bought one of the weis panels you had for same awhile ago and compared to this $100 was a steal.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
So are some players a lot more difficult than others? I managed to pick up all of the Winfield discs without a whole lot of effort, the last one ("SUPERSTARS") I think someone from here hooked me up with.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
So are some players a lot more difficult than others? I managed to pick up all of the Winfield discs without a whole lot of effort, the last one ("SUPERSTARS") I think someone from here hooked me up with.

I am not sure if some players are harder to find than others but I know that some verison's are harder to find. I still need the 1988 Weis and Key food verison's and the 1989 Our Own Tea and Key Foods.

On another note Beckett lists some as just MSA Iced Tea Disc are these just the Superstar's version?

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
I am not sure if some players are harder to find than others but I know that some verison's are harder to find. I still need the 1988 Weis and Key food verison's and the 1989 Our Own Tea and Key Foods.

On another note Beckett lists some as just MSA Iced Tea Disc are these just the Superstar's version?

Agreed. MSA is just Beckett's way of confusing the issue, but I'm basically certain it means Superstar version. Noone has seen one that truly says MSA on it. Beckett isn't accurate on this particular issue, no big shocker. I'm hoping a Key Food or Our Own Tea Puckett surfaces soon, just so I can watch the price. I've been contacted quite a few times on both.

WaxPax

What's the deal with the Fantastic sam set, any value in those?

puckettdisc.png

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009

Not really, pretty common. It's only a select few from each year that seem tough to find. Key Food from both years, Weis Winners from both years, Our Own Tea from '89. And the '89 discs seem tougher overall than the '88.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I have a 1989 Tetley David Cone, a 1990 Tetley Wade Boggs, and 2 1990 Super Stars Frank Viola. Anything there worth more than the dime I paid for each of them?

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
I have a 1989 Tetley David Cone, a 1990 Tetley Wade Boggs, and 2 1990 Super Stars Frank Viola. Anything there worth more than the dime I paid for each of them?

The '89 Tetley are moderately hard to find, but Cone is a pretty weak player, maybe $1.25 :)

Members online