Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

All time great autos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
I was just looking at my hockey collection and I realize I have autographs of, what I think, the best 6 players to play the game. I'm sure there are others that could be argued as being better but in my opinion these are the 6 best, in order of 6th to 1st.

6th
CardsCarson130.jpg

5th
HoweAuto.jpg

4th
cards001.jpg

3rd
OrrAuto.jpg

2nd
001.jpg

1st
039.jpg

What do you think? Agree or disagree with my choices and the order?

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I agree that those are great players but I would put Patrick Roy in there instead of Yzerman and definitely put Lemieux in front of Gretzky. just my opinion.

that is one very impressive autograph collection.

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
pghbuccos said:
I agree that those are great players but I would put Patrick Roy in there instead of Yzerman and definitely put Lemieux in front of Gretzky. just my opinion.

that is one very impressive autograph collection.

Ya I was thinking Roy instead of Yzerman, but Yzerman is one of my favourite players ever so I put him 6th (besides I don't have a Roy auto :D ). But to put Lemieux ahead of Gretzky... sorry disagree with that.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I guess I am biased because I grew up watching the greatest hockey player of all time Mario Lemieux :D play here in Pittsburgh.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
no they are TTM's that I have received over the last 2 years.

we have been lucky enough to have lots of great players here in Pittsburgh and it continues now with Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Fleury and many others. I just wish the Pirates were as good as they were when I was growing up in the late 80's and early 90's. oh well at least I have 1 good team to root for here.

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
pghbuccos said:
no they are TTM's that I have received over the last 2 years.

we have been lucky enough to have lots of great players here in Pittsburgh and it continues now with Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Fleury and many others. I just wish the Pirates were as good as they were when I was growing up in the late 80's and early 90's. oh well at least I have 1 good team to root for here.

Ya I wouldn't be suprised if it is a Pittsburgh & Detroit Cup final again.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Nice ones!! I don't have a huge hockey collection and follow it the least of the 4 major sports, but I currently have Gretzky and Howe certs. I need to pick up a Lemieux one soon!

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
I wish I had an Orr but these are my contributions to the all time greats in no specific order

ghoweudtril.jpg

mlemieuxult.jpg

mmessierjtavaresitg.jpg

wgretzkyud.jpg

highphat

Aug 18, 2008
I am still missing a few key autos, but here is my small contribution. I'm going to throw out an arguable top guy even though not a fan favorite (I'm a Detroit guy)!
HoweNumberAuto.jpg
9899spxTPgretzkyAutoJsy40.jpg

0506ultraBrodeurAutoBlueInk25.jpg

Members online

Latest posts