Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Better investment: Pujols VS JETER

Jeter VS Pujols

• Jeter

Votes: 39 72.2%
  • Pujols

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • To tough to decide

Votes: 6 11.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
i think that there comes a point where there are more things "to it" then "stats" i think with the internet and such, that "stats" are over analyzed and too much emphasis is placed on them. It's not that they are not important, because they are, but there are so many other things about baseball that get passed down from generation to generation over the years depending on what city you live(d) in, where you grew up, etc.

I completely agree, this is why I feel Pujols will prevail as the better investment. I just think he is going to be remembered as the best player of our generation.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
That may make sense today, but 10 years from now will that same sentance qualify as gospel? Will anyone even care/remember? And finally, do you really thing Trout is a better player / bigger star than Pujols?

I and many Cardinals collectors will remember. He left a team loaded with pitching and future stars.

He will always have two hats an that can not be hidden. He was set to take over for Stan and he pissed on that.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
When people say greatest player of our generation I always think of Barry Bonds. How did that turn out? Would anyone be surprised if Pujols fails a test?

Kevin

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
When people say greatest player of our generation I always think of Barry Bonds. How did that turn out? Would anyone be surprised if Pujols fails a test?

Kevin

Without the PED guilt, where would Bonds be now with regards to cardstock?

And your baseless conjecture will mean nothing when all is said and done...

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I say push. I get the impression that Jeter will keep signing and signing until he's too old, and I get the feeling that Pujols will continue to sign less. But factor in the insane NY fan-base, and it almost doesn't matter if the Jeter market floods with stuff for decades after he retires. In the end, they both could be top-20 HoF'ers with huge collecting bases, with the fan-to-collectible ratio being the same.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I think as of now the safer investment is jeter, as far as upside if he breaks the HR record I'd go with Pujols but that also comes with higher risk.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
We're talking about one of the top 10, maybe top 5 Yankees of all time in Derek Jeter. People who haven't even been born yet are going to player collect him like it's their job. He has almost entirely stayed out of negative media, he is humble (almost too humble), and he plays his butt off every single out. These things make him a fan favorite. He will finish in the top 5 on the All-Time Hits list, and if he sticks around until he's 45 like Rose did, I actually think he could be the new Hit King. All of these things make him one of the most collectible players of this generation, and there's no doubt that he'll go down as a Yankee and baseball great.

I think Pujols will get his rhythm back and continue to go for .300/30/100 for a few more years before he starts to decline. He should easily get to 600 homers for his career with a shot at 700 if he maintains his power into his mid 30s. From an investment/collecting standpoint, he would have been better off in StL, but when people look back on his career a couple decades from now, all they will remember is a great hitter.

As far as investing, I think cards are 10 times more volatile when a player is still active. Since Jeter is getting close to retirement years, I'll take Pujols as an investment for the next 10 years or so. If we're looking at 20+ years down the road thinking of who will be more widely collected (and therefore, a better investment), i think it's gotta be Jeter.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Plus all the girls are fans!
derek-jeter-one-night-stand-gift-basket.png

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008

Kevin

Actually Kevin I would be and the reason why? Why hasnt he been caught yet?? Why hasnt he been outed?? Why hasnt his age been outed yet (not towards you kevin)?? Point being he is one of the biggest superstars in the MLB and im sure people are digging and digging for info on him and have been. Imagine how much doe you would make if you were the person whom found something on Pujols. Im sure he pissed off a ton of cardinals fans and people within the organization so why havent they outed him. You would think by now they would have. The reason why? There is nothing! Its hard for me to believe that he has been luckier or had better people to cover up for him than some of the guys already caught and outed. Pujols isnt the most liked guy so you would think by now someone would have found something. There is nothing, the Guy is just goood and YES it would suprise me at this point, as if there was something it would have already came out.

Last edited:

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Lance never tested positive. AFAIK never.

But his teammates admitted to stabbing each other in the asses.

Eric Gagne said today 80% of his Dodgers teammates were cheating.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
I don't fully agree with with this tatement. "he should see some price spikes all the way to the hall". The fact that Jeter is going to the hall is already factored into his card prices along with all of the other factors that are mentioned previously in this thread. Personally, I would not invest in either player or cards at all for that matter. If I was looking to buy either player with less risk factor of losing my shorts if I were forced to resell later... Jeter all the way. I would go for newer, fairly limited releases, that have not yet spiked like his late 1990's inserts and such. One man's opinion... As an example... some of Jeter's Pacific parallels are under appreciated and undervalued at the moment.

Tom

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Lance never tested positive. AFAIK never.

But his teammates admitted to stabbing each other in the asses.

Eric Gagne said today 80% of his Dodgers teammates were cheating.

yes but who really gives an F about biking :lol:

Plus already speculation about lance even before that. WIth Pujols? None other than message board members

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Jeter hands down especially when the number of chicks he banged along the way comes out and he breaks Wilt Chamberlin's record.
Yankee = Legend

Pujols had he stayed a Cardinal and broke Aaron/Bonds HR record it would have been a much harder choice. The fact he became an Angel will forever tarnish his legacy.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Right now jeter's prices are through the roof and pujols's stuff is pretty soft for his standards so while I'd be more confident in jeter long term (though honestly I would not really invest in either for a real long term investment) right now I think pujols is a decent deal and jeter is far from it.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Jeter and its not close. Look at Jeters inserts and parallels they sell thru the roof.

Members online

Latest posts