Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Miguel Cabrera triple crown!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cards01fan

Sep 4, 2008
Ran the numbers think I am right. He has to go oh for five and trout five for five to pass him?

toadfan106

May 2, 2009
Almost. If Trout goes 4 for 4, it puts his average at .328571. If Cabrera goes 0-4, it puts his average at .328526, so Trout would win by the slightest of margins. Trout needs at least 4 hits to come close to Cabrera. Basically if Miggy gets a hit, he wins the batting title (there are actually a few scenarios where that doesn't happen, but they are all extremely unlikely and all involve Trout getting more than 4 hits today).

cards01fan

Sep 4, 2008
Almost. If Trout goes 4 for 4, it puts his average at .328571. If Cabrera goes 0-4, it puts his average at .328526, so Trout would win by the slightest of margins. Trout needs at least 4 hits to come close to Cabrera. Basically if Miggy gets a hit, he wins the batting title (there are actually a few scenarios where that doesn't happen, but they are all extremely unlikely and all involve Trout getting more than 4 hits today).

Thanks I was doing it on my iPhone and knew I was close but ......

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
002-21.jpg

Last edited:

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
There should be 50 threads on this. What a feat. Congrats to Miggy. I guess the real question is will he be unappreciated like Frank Robinson?

Kevin

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
no there should be more threads everytime a rookie/prospect gets a base hit...not something that hasnt happened in 45 years :benson:

lol, people keep talking about this but there are not as many threads about it anymore. Seriously go back and check, i bet there are more non prospect threads in the past 6 months than prospect threads. but if and when that happens those threads get merged.

And yes i agree, what Miggy is doing is amazing and deserves to be talked about. But it should all be in one thread to create a better discussion instead of having to sort through 10 different threads figuring out who it was you were talking with.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
lol, people keep talking about this but there are not as many threads about it anymore. Seriously go back and check, i bet there are more non prospect threads in the past 6 months than prospect threads. but if and when that happens those threads get merged.

And yes i agree, what Miggy is doing is amazing and deserves to be talked about. But it should all be in one thread to create a better discussion instead of having to sort through 10 different threads figuring out who it was you were talking with.

Then use your powers and merge them, pretty simple XXXXing fix if you really are piss bent.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
First time most of us have ever seen a Triple Crown, I think if there's ever been anything worthy of half the page 1 threads, this would be it.

Members online

Latest posts