Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 MLB Playoff ALCS Yankees vs. Tigers Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MantMaris

Jul 29, 2010
Wisconsin
Rather than post a new thread each day I guess we can use this for the series. I will post the NLCS tomorrow. I (or someone) can post a new one for the World Series.

10/13 Schedule and starters:

8:07 pm
Tigers at Yankees
DET: D Fister
(10-10, 3.45)

NYY: A Pettitte
(5-4, 2.87)

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Andy Pettitte just allowed a lead off single to the second batter in the third inning. I think that's a new MLB Record.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
The yanks offense is just pitiful. They will not win squat with those guys all slumping

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Wow. Something about the Yankees and October baseball breeds unlikely heroes. Off the top of my head... Bucky "Fracking" Dent, Scott Brosius, Aaron Boone, and now Raul Ibañez.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
The meltdown in game 4 against the A's was a precursor to this disaster. Leyland absolutely should have lifted Valverde after Ichiro went yard, and even more so after Tex walked.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
The meltdown in game 4 against the A's was a precursor to this disaster. Leyland absolutely should have lifted Valverde after Ichiro went yard, and even more so after Tex walked.

Couldn't agree more, Leyland's bonehead decisions are costing this team victories. It's the same kind of stubbornness he showed by sticking with Raburn for 65 games this year when he was hitting .071. I hope the Tigers can pull this one out but I can't wait to see Leyland gone.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Do you finally see why Cano can be very uh, unlikable at times?

Did you finally see why you would not be in the, uh, playoffs without him? You would've been sniffing Tampa Bay's jockstrap. You will never realize how good you have it and that is so sad....

I will absolutely love it when Cano goes to another team and you will realize the gaping hole you have in your lineup without him.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Never ever.....NEVER NEVER want to have swisher wear pinstripes again!

Disgrace in the highest form in october with a bat & now with a glove.

And now, this is what happens when u don't score runners in scoring pos time & time again.

You give the opponent extra chances & XXXX happens, like dj going down & losing the game.

Last edited:

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Never ever.....NEVER NEVER want to have swisher wear pinstripes again!

Disgrace in the highest form in october with a bat & now with a glove.

Yah those 93 RBI's and .840 OPS must've been horrible to fathom the entire year.

Latest posts