Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Marlins hire Mike Redmond as new manager

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
:lol: Redmond has a 3 years deal. But hey if they have there yes man in place, then maybe he can stay the course. But the ownership is a joke and the Marlins will be too for years to come.

Last edited:

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
i wonder why the back up catchers always make great managers. i understand a catcher making a great manager, but why backup? you hardly see starting All-Star catchers as managers. seems the backups outweigh the starting ones. I know Matheny and Sciossia (sp?) were starting catchers (and good ones) but how many AS teams did they make?

this is all just assumptions off the top of my head.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
i wonder why the back up catchers always make great managers. i understand a catcher making a great manager, but why backup? you hardly see starting All-Star catchers as managers. seems the backups outweigh the starting ones. I know Matheny and Sciossia (sp?) were starting catchers (and good ones) but how many AS teams did they make?

this is all just assumptions off the top of my head.

It maybe that fact, they have more time on the bench watching the game, then actually playing it.

Oh and atleast he is not going to be in Bean-Town too :lol:

Last edited:

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
When he was with the Twins, you could just tell he was going to be a manager someday.

redmond.jpg

Members online

Latest posts