Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*** Meet The METS -All things NY Mets related ***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WaxPax

Just like that, another Baseball season is in the books for the NY Mets....What looked like another postseason birth after their 11-1 start, ending up being a disappointing year. They did play well in the second half going 11-3-2 in their final 16 series. There is reason for optimism as we head into the off-season. They had winning records this year against division opponents Marlins, Phils and Nats, and finished with a 39-36 division record only losing a season series to the Braves.

Their starters had the best collective ERA in MLB for the month of September, and 6th best overall for the year (this rank includes Vargas and Harvey's 6+ ERA's). Wheeler finished very strong, before being shut down. Matz healthy finally, still up and down all year which is ok for a #4. Syndergaard 13-4 in just 25 starts,finished strong sub 2 ERA last 8 starts. Jacob deGrom, a Cy Young Award is in the future.

sp stats 2018.PNG

Nimmo, 2nd in the NL in OBP, Rosario looked like a completely different player (for the better) post AS Game, lets hope his improvement continues. Who saw McNeil coming on the way he did, both bat and glove and surprised everyone, I caught on to him back in May. Conforto could end up being NL Player of the month for September, as he was leading all MLB in RBI's for the month of September. Guess he needed more recovery time from the shoulder surgery. His bat look slow earlier in the year, he was getting beat consistently with the fastball. I hope the Mets do give Pete Alonso a real chance in ST to win the 1B job. Bruce needs to stick to OF unless they hope to trade him.

We need to fix the bullpen desperately, upgrade at Catcher (Sal Perez?), figure out if Frazier is an still everyday 3rd baseman, and hope for, but not count on any, contributions from Cespedes in 2019.

1B Alonso
2B McNeil
3B ?????
SS Rosario
LF Conforto
CF Nimmo
RF Bruce
C ?????

SP deGrom
SP Syndergaard
SP Wheeler
SP Matz
SP ??????

RP Lugo
RP Gsellman
RP ?????
RP ?????
RP ?????
RP ?????
Closer ?????

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Keep them coming, I love the vintage Shea... isn't there a 1980's version too?

I believe there is, but I like this one much better, cuz I feel like there are a million replicas of Shea in the 80s, but this is (to my knowledge) the only 60s one

And that’s the last of the current purchases, but I do need to rearrange my bobble head case to fit the new ones, so I’ll get some more pics soon

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Not sure how these will come out in the app, and the bottom shelf was a bit dark, but here goes...

Top shelf
IMG_6346.JPG
Second shelf aka the Piazza, Reyes, Wright shelf
IMG_6347.JPG
Third shelf
IMG_6348.JPG
And bottom shelf
IMG_6352.JPG

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Not sure what to make of this whole Van Wagenen hiring, I like the out of the box thinking but this is either going to be wildly successful or just another bad hire......knowing the Mets.....

Man, who knows...but I guess he doesn’t have any FO experience which is weird, but that’s where Minaya and Riccardi come in (who really haven’t done so well in the past)? And what happens with all the FO/client issues...

WaxPax

Nice little Black Friday pick up ....
aff5804ff11dd20200ca8e5707db1bb6.jpg
03c8eaea026020ac14b4011b35b00d5d.jpg
891012c523063028fa0c8ce9db5b065e.jpg
01de1acc8127d532e9214194e170ce2a.jpg
edf7b923d3dd39a45c02341afe305713.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Members online