Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*** Meet The METS -All things NY Mets related ***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WaxPax

Been trying to find one of these in decent shape at a reasonable price for a while....1969 Topps Mets Team 12x20 Poster... I'm also trying to get the 2018 Heritage boxloader version so they can be displayed side by side....cross posted in May pick up thread

0ccAHiH.jpg

Last edited:

WaxPax

Callaway needs to go away....Seriously how do you get 1 hit by the same Marlins Pitcher you scored 8 runs in the first inning his last time out...this one day after not pulling Cano for his lack of hustle... if they lose today, they should NOT let him on the plane back to NY.....

WaxPax

hbJaCw4.gif

WaxPax

WaxPax

A good take on Bobby Bonilla day...From MetsBlog

The 'Bobby Bonilla Day' Mets narrative is garbage Bonilla is just one of many players throughout baseball getting deferred payments

It's Bobby Bonilla day for the Mets, which many use as an excuse to lazily bash the team for something they falsely think is a comical anomaly. The truth, though, is that the #LOLMets narrative as it pertains to Bonilla is a garbage narrative.

There are plenty of things to rightfully bash the Mets about, but the Bonilla deal isn't one of them.

Bonilla, who the Mets bought out in 2000 while deferring annual $1.19 million payments from 2011 through 2035, is just one of many players in baseball whose teams are or will be paying large sums of money well after their playing careers are over.

Michael Mayer's tremendous research on this shed light on 25 other deferments throughout baseball, which includes:

The Braves paying Bruce Sutter $1.12 million per year through 2021. He last played for the team in 1988.

The Reds paying Ken Griffey Jr. $3.59 million per year from 2009 through 2024

The Orioles paying Chris Davis, who was arguably given the worst contract in baseball history, $3.5 million annually from 2023 through 2032 and $1.4 million annually from 2033 through 2037

The Nationals on the hook to pay Stephen Strasburg $10 million per year from 2024 through 2030

The Cardinals paying Matt Holliday $1.4 million every year from 2020 through 2029

Aside from deferments being a normal business practice in baseball, there's also the fact that the Bonilla contract being deferred freed up money for the Mets to trade for Mike Hampton, as Eric Malinowski noted for Buzzfeed in 2013.

Hampton led the Mets to the 2000 World Series and then signed with the Rockies that offseason because of their amazing school system. The compensation pick the Mets got for Hampton turned in to David Wright.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
It’s almost fun to watch ;)

Although I turned it on last night with a man on third and Familia on the mound and decided I didn’t want to watch...he still gives me butterflies...and not in a good way...

But Pete at the end, man this kid is fun!

L-F-GM!

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online