Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*** Meet The METS -All things NY Mets related ***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WaxPax

MVC-033F.jpg

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Someone told me this guy was a good pitcher, or something...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1353328608.688745.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1353328608.688745.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 45

WaxPax

According to the NY Post, David Wright is 50/50 on resigning....This quote bothers me as I can see it being a real problem....

“Part of it is [COO] Jeff Wilpon tries to win every negotiation, he doesn’t go for the middle ground,” said a person familiar with the club’s negotiating tactics.
Wright has said he will not negotiate with the Mets beyond spring training, putting him in position to hit the open market next offseason if a new deal can’t be struck.

Entire article.....

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/mets/you_half_to_believe_eIKwTe6jo8VL6v5hRQSJQL

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
I would love to see Wright on a different team. It would suck for Mets fans but the current owners don't deserve him.

WaxPax

Clearly this moves shifts the balance of power in the NL East in our favor.....:rolleyes:

From Roto:

Mets acquired INF Brandon Hicks from the Athletics for cash considerations.

Hicks was just designated for assignment by the Athletics last week. The 27-year-old batted .172 (11-for-64) with three homers and a .633 OPS in 22 games at the major league level this season and figures to serve as middle infield depth.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Awesome they got the "Hulkster" back for another go around...

If he pitches...
The Mets will sign Tim Byrdak to a minor league deal, Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com reports. Mike Silva first reported the sides were close to a deal, and the Mets have since confirmed the agreement (Twitter links). Mike Mosa of Only Baseball Players represents Byrdak, who turned 39 last month.

It's unclear whether Byrdak will contribute in 2013. He underwent surgery to repair a torn anterior capsule in his left shoulder in September, while also undergoing a minor knee operation. In 30 2/3 innings over the course of 56 appearances this past season, Byrdak posted a 4.40 ERA with 10.0 K/9 and 5.3 BB/9. Those numbers match up with his career 4.30 ERA and his career strikeout (8.7 K/9) and walk (5.4 BB/9) numbers.

WaxPax

This sounds promising.... Wright has sought a deal similar to Zimmerman's 7/125 deal with the Nats

from Roto:

Andy Martino of the New York Daily News reports that the Mets have made David Wright a seven-year offer "well in excess of $100 million."

This is quite a different perspective than Ken Rosenthal's reported offer of six years and $100 million, but such is life during the Hot Stove. Negotiations are ongoing and it's not clear whether a deal is imminent. Recent reports have indicated that Wright wants a seven-year deal in the range of $125 million. If Martino's source can be believed, it seems like the two sides are getting closer to that magic number.

WaxPax

I can't see anything happening with KC, as Myers, Perez & Gordon are not being offered up...I can see the Mets working out something with the Angels for an OF'er since Grienke is not coming back to LA (Trumbo?)

From Roto:

The Royals have "talked to the Mets about" knuckleballer R.A. Dickey, according to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports.

But Heyman doesn't see a fit there because Dickey is 38 years old and under contract for only one more season. And the Royals aren't willing to give up young catcher Salvador Perez or top prospect Wil Myers to acquire him. The Mets have been discussing a contract extension with Dickey for at least the past two months. If they can't work anything out, it's highly possible that Dickey will be dealt.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
We as Mets fans didn't have a lot to cheer about this past year, and R.A. was one of our only bright spots, if they want to start getting fans out to the ballpark I think they need to resign him, if at all reasonably

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Mets Extend David Wright
By Tim Dierkes [November 30 at 2:02am CST]
The Mets and David Wright have agreed to the largest contract in franchise history, according to WFAN's Ed Coleman. Coleman says it's seven years and $122MM in new money, which can be considered an eight-year, $138MM deal if the value of Wright's previously-exercised 2013 club option is included. In that sense, Wright passes Johan Santana's $137.5MM deal from February 2008. Wright is represented by ACES.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#rRKuw7W0CREXVzp6.99

Members online