User Tag List

Page 596 of 600 FirstFirst ... 96496546586592593594595596597598599600 LastLast
Results 8,926 to 8,940 of 8993

Thread: And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

jagr3boys
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking about skipping the yard sale altogether this year. though I have found a few goodies in the past (Justin Morneau autographs for $1--that was nice) really wasn't going to worry about it much. But never say never. I may jump in if I can catch a short wait time.
    Collecting Gary and Joe Gaetti, Ozzie Smith, Kenny Boyer, Albert Pujols, Kirby Puckett, Joe Mauer,and Brian Dinkleman. PM me if you have something you don't need that I might!

And if you want to friend me on Facebook, please let me know your online handle, since I may not know your real name!

tgutta08
     TWasylikJr
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Cleveland View Post
    I was thinking about skipping the yard sale altogether this year. though I have found a few goodies in the past (Justin Morneau autographs for $1--that was nice) really wasn't going to worry about it much. But never say never. I may jump in if I can catch a short wait time.
    If I am able to get in there before the 5:30 autograph session and there is anything in particular you are looking for I can take a look for you!
    Collecting Denard Span!
    Non 1/1: 448/565
    Total 1/1's: 61

jagr3boys
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is usually more like "if I happen to find something I like" kind of place for me. Not really looking for any jerseys or hats in particular. Never anything Gaetti in there, but if there is, I'll always jump on that.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Collecting Gary and Joe Gaetti, Ozzie Smith, Kenny Boyer, Albert Pujols, Kirby Puckett, Joe Mauer,and Brian Dinkleman. PM me if you have something you don't need that I might!

And if you want to friend me on Facebook, please let me know your online handle, since I may not know your real name!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those heading to TwinsFest today, enjoy. I will be there with the family on Sunday doing whatever the kids want to do.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hrbek14 View Post
    Is this the first year they're opening the yard sale after doors open? Doors at 4, sale at 4:30.
    I'm pretty sure they did it last year too. I'm guessing this is their response to dealers grabbing stuff before doors opened and having up for resale the first year at TF. It really doesn't stop that but what it does guarantee is that the yard sale line will be huge for a very long time.

devintolly
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good luck to everyone at twinsfest his year! cant wait for sunday and to see everyones haul!
    Devin's bucket
    Justin Morneau PC

Always looking to add to my Justin Morneau collection!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not looking to pick up either of these, but I'm curious, is there a variation of the 1983 Fritsch Visalia Oaks Kirby Puckett card, or is there something funky here with the non-graded card...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 4.01.43 PM.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	777.3 KB 
ID:	59404

The card on the left popped up on eBay today and has a green box on the back and thinner text for "Fritsch Cards."
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-Fritsch-Visalia-Oaks-KIRBY-PUCKETT-Rookie-Card-RC-Twins-Minor-League-PSA-/361488397295?hash=item542a6333ef:g:4kkAAOSwG-1WvNT2

The card on the right is a PSA graded version on eBay, thicker "Fritsch cards" and a black box.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/LowPOP-KIRBY-PUCKETT-1983-Fritsch-PSA-10-rarer-than-1985-Topps-Tiffany-pop-40-/371543684252?hash=item5681bab49c:g:1LEAAOSwoydWrBf ~
    Collector of Kirby Puckett, Benj Sampson, Scott Stahoviak, Billy Beane, Al Newman, T206 Wash/Minn/StP, and Metrodome game/stadium used artifacts.

jagr3boys
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Gaetti auto pick up!

On an OAL ball. I have several other Gaetti autos on the Sweet Spot on non-official balls and an 87 World Series below the logo, but this is actually my first AL ball for the Gaetti collection. Got it for under $20 shipped, and am very pleased!

Also, here's something to show. Not so much of a pick up, as a nice find. My sister-in-law is moving from Madison, WI and we spent part of the weekend helping her load up her POD with furniture and boxes. She was going through a box of photos and came across these. They are dated 1969 on the back.

Top left photo is marked "Bosville" on the back, but must mean Dave Boswell. But that profile looks like Jim Kaat to me.
    Second photo is unmistakably...Billy Martin.
    Third photo is labeled "Worthington, Martin." Must be Worthington facing the camera, with Martin to the right. Doesn't look like Martin to me there--too fat! I don't know who wore 44 for the Twins in 1969, either. So put your Twins Detective powers to work and figure out who the mystery players are!

mackscards-collectibles
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    0-4!

Not exactly the start I was hoping for.

jagr3boys
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously, talking about the Twins is not very popular these days.

So I will post yet another Gaetti auto pick up. Completed the rainbow from last year's Prizm autos. Got the gold for less than what the seller wanted (way overpriced, anyway) and for an auto #/10, I figured to make an offer just over half his asking, so I wouldn't appear to be low-balling him, and not get it at all.

Checkered & Camo #/149
    Tie Dye #/50, RWB #/25 Gold #10

Please tell me there's no 1/1 out there!

mackscards-collectibles
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greg-

What's your view on card manufacturers that are not able to show him in a Twin's JSY? That's always been one of my pet peeves! I love collecting Twin's but don't like the generic JSY displayed on the cards.

jagr3boys
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That stuff doesn't bother me so much. I like a lot of the sets that Panini has put out recently, and sometimes not having the logos keeps the price down. I just picked up another auto that I will post when it comes in.

zc3009
    Mentioned
    358 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any twins fans interested in any of this?

Oswaldo Arcia hat from 2013

Name:	1462847657777.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	62144

Jordan Schafer BP hat

Name:	1462847695338.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	62145

Trevor Plouffe foul ball from a game he had a walk off hit in the bottom of the 10th

Name:	1462847760000.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	62146

Phil hughes game used and signed locker tag

Name:	1462847791647.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	62147

Also have some other stuff just no pictures on my phone-
    Ben Revere game used cleats from Beloit
    Mike Redmond game used bat
    Shannon Stewart game used and signed bat from Oakland
    Brendan Harris game used bat
    Alex Meyer signed OMLB
    Jamey Carroll signed OMLB mlb authenticated
    Denard Span signed jersey with Metrodome patch, PSA authenticated
    Danny Santana 8x10
    Kennys Vargas 8x10
    Max Kepler 8x10 in black
    Chris Colabello 8x10
    Denard Span 8x10
    Scott Diamond 8x10
    and I'm sure I got more stuff somewhere too

mackscards-collectibles
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a Johan in the mail today that has long eluded me!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 05 Skybox Autographics Signatures Game Patch Gold #ed 4 of 5.jpg  

mackscards-collectibles
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A new 1/1 for the collection.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 05 Prime Patches Materials Name Plate Patch #ed 1 of 1.jpg